Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Probably a Marshmallow bug.

It's a very buggy os compared to Lolli

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

muaddip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got my S7 Edge and settings crashes every time I try to go into the Do Not Disturb. Definitely something up with the S7, I have not problem with my Turbo 2 that was on Marshmallow. Hope they get it fixed soon, I really liked DND.

M3Rocket

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes--this is also crashing "Settings" on my S7 Edge on AT&T. I've tried everything including resetting the phone. I suppose we're SOL till Samsung fixes this?

SiWoody7

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Oh and I have tried a factory reset and I still have the same problem. Its obviously a software issue that Samsung need to acknowledge and send out a fix. To be clear the pull down menu blue button works fine but this does not allow you to set automatic DND times. Its the orange Do not disturb button in the actual menu results in my phone saying "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped". This is the only issue I have found using my new S7 on Vodafone in the UK. I have the normal S7 not the edge.

ApexPredation

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Possible Fix...

TL;DR Toggle DND on from quick settings. Plug into charger. Open clock app and start setting alarm. (possibly need to receive a message, it was an email for me.) Pull down notifications and tap DND notification... Success! (Hopefully)

Last night I had my device in DND mode from the notifications toggle. I plugged it in to charge then went into the clock app to set an alarm. While i was in the middle of that I pulled down the notification tab to check a message that just came in and accidently tapped the DND notification instead. Miraculously it worked and went into the DND settings. Now it works like normal.

H0g4n

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Clearing data for the Settings app resolved this issue for me.

Settings > Applications > Application Manager > Settings > Storage > Clear Data

The app will close since you just reset it.

Open Settings again and DND now works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12