Verizon customer here with a Silver S7 Edge. Received my pre-order today and noticed a small sticker with what appears to be a small QR code on the bottom of the back. It looks like it might be one of those durable stickers not meant to come off, but I'm not really looking to try without knowing what it is.

Anyone have any idea what it is? Is it something the carrier uses during the install/load process before shipping? Perhaps a quick ID scan in case you need service?

Thanks!
    03-09-2016 02:00 AM
    Don't worry about it. You can take it off, it's irrelevant.
    Francisco Tejon likes this.
    03-09-2016 02:14 AM
    Verizon customer here with a Silver S7 Edge. Received my pre-order today and noticed a small sticker with what appears to be a small QR code on the bottom of the back. It looks like it might be one of those durable stickers not meant to come off, but I'm not really looking to try without knowing what it is.

Anyone have any idea what it is? Is it something the carrier uses during the install/load process before shipping? Perhaps a quick ID scan in case you need service?

Thanks!
    Peeled mine off immediately and put it on one of the manuals in the box. No residue left behind.
    03-09-2016 07:47 AM
    it's irrelevant.
    Totally want to call you on a source for that statement, but I had a feeling it was nothing important anyway, so I'll resist the urge

Thanks sangs - glad it is easily removed.
    03-09-2016 11:50 AM
    I can safely say that you can "WASH" that thing off! :P Ahh.. the joys of having a waterproof device.
    soboness5 likes this.
    03-09-2016 02:05 PM

Thanks!
    I wouldn't recomend removing it. If its like the s6 it can void your warranty.
    It's used to track repairs and book your phone if sent for repairs.

Removing Sticker off Samsung Galaxy S6 Could Void Warranty | Tech Void
    04-02-2016 06:17 PM
    If you read the article you linked there, it has an update in the first paragraph stating that it's not true. Apparently that was false information. You can remove the sticker.
    LineKill likes this.
    04-02-2016 08:48 PM
    I wouldn't recomend removing it. If its like the s6 it can void your warranty.
    It's used to track repairs and book your phone if sent for repairs.

Removing Sticker off Samsung Galaxy S6 Could Void Warranty | Tech Void
    From that site lol

Further research done by our readers has shown this customer service representative was incorrect on the sticker removal. As it turns out, warranty tracking information for Samsung is stored on the cover elsewhere. The sticker can indeed be removed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-02-2016 08:48 PM
    I scanned it and its your IMEI code.
    RandomKoreanGuy likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:18 PM