Did Verizon disable the White Pages integration ?

simaand

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Did Verizon disable the White Pages integration ? If not could someone please help me set-it-up

Thanks in advance
- Daniel

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is possible that they want you to use their caller ID app.

You can try to download it from the Samsung store.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If not it's in the play store. I've been using it for years on all my phones. I do hope that Verizon didn't kill the integration as that was a feature I was looking forward to when I get my s7 edge.

simaand

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I've used the whitepages app before in fact I paid for the upgraded version, but having it integrated with the phone would mean one less app to run and cleaner interface :0)

But yes it does seam that Verizon blocked the Caller ID

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile and ATT removed the feature as well. Sprint left it on. Also Galaxy Labs is missing from my TMO phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

simaand

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I found a way to Enable the white pages feature but not sure if it works or not (its too late to have someone call me to test)

Download and Install Nova Launcher (Free version works)
Nova Launcher... Create a new activities widget... Scroll down to the third phone choice (it has the most choices, like 95 things)... Then select "identify unsaved numbers"... That will create a shortcut.. Open it and flip the switch.

After that you can go into the Nova Launcher settings and set TouchWiz as your default Launcher. (The setting worked for me but haven't been able to test it)

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I found a way to Enable the white pages feature but not sure if it works or not (its too late to have someone call me to test)

Download and Install Nova Launcher (Free version works)
Nova Launcher... Create a new activities widget... Scroll down to the third phone choice (it has the most choices, like 95 things)... Then select "identify unsaved numbers"... That will create a shortcut.. Open it and flip the switch.

After that you can go into the Nova Launcher settings and set TouchWiz as your default Launcher. (The setting worked for me but haven't been able to test it)

Tried calling my phone from a phone I didn't have saved. Did not work while in TW or Nova.

Posted via the Android Central App

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to sound like a noob, but what exactly does Whitepages do? Is it some form of Caller ID for people or businesses not in your contacts? Because, honestly, if you're not in my contacts, chances are I'm not answering the phone anyway - whether it displays your name or number.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
You're just old. I understand old man. My pops is the same way. Buy him a S6 because he says he likes the glass back. Uses it for phones and 1 or 2 texts a year. Email? What in the world is that?

You say old, I say experienced. I was dabbling deep in tech while you were an itch in your daddy Kim Il's pants. :)

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
You say old, I say experienced. I was dabbling deep in tech while you were an itch in your daddy Kim Il's pants. :)

Now you sound like my uncle. Man's been working for IBM since the 80s.

My old man's favorite feature of the phone? Wireless charging. "I can't see where the port is sometimes."