Software Update

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had one earlier. It said it was an edge panel update. My phone is a T-Mobile Edge. Actually now that I think about it, mine was from Samsung and not like the one you are showing.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine is exynos version and I'm in UK

possibly been rolled out in stages.

It's a minor update covering bug fixes and stability

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes Three network unlocked

Posted via the Android Central App

The reason I asked was the update you have, seems to be the carrier related update for the Global model on Three U.K. and is probably for branding purposes. We should see these minor carrier updates on more Global models after sim cards are inserted.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Nothing on my International unlocked model (in Finland)

It depends on whether your carrier has any features, or not, that it wishes to install. This it would seem, is what is meant by Carrier Sim Lock. Not that the actual phone is locked to a single carrier but that features from a carrier can be installed, depending on the sim inserted.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
It depends on whether your carrier has any features, or not, that it wishes to install. This it would seem, is what is meant by Carrier Sim Lock. Not that the actual phone is locked to a single carrier but that features from a carrier can be installed, depending on the sim inserted.
Our carriers have nothing to do with updates in our country. No carrier bloat here, none.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Our carriers have nothing to do with updates in our country. No carrier bloat here, none.

Some U.K. carriers offer their own calling over Wi-Fi, for instance, and this could be downloaded as a carrier update. Like you, the U.K. and most of the rest of the world, has stock, unbranded, Samsung phones available to them but this means that certain carrier features such as the one I mentioned previously, may be unavailable to those unbranded models until now.

marinus4444

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Had a small 1.08Mb download for bug fixes and stability improvments. Only thing ive noticed is Samsung Pay has gone. Sim free phone from Carphone Warehouse.