05-05-2016 12:59 PM
45 12
tools
    I have had no problems at all with the iHeart app. I connect it up to my Bose Soundlink III and run it for hours with no heating issues whatsoever or interruption to BT.

Not that it matters, but maybe try connecting it to another BT device?
    03-22-2016 05:27 PM
    Is there an actual fix for this? My friend has been having the same issue with her regular S7
    03-22-2016 05:34 PM
    I have had no problems at all with the iHeart app. I connect it up to my Bose Soundlink III and run it for hours with no heating issues whatsoever or interruption to BT.
    Not that it matters, but maybe try connecting it to another BT device?
    When i tested this, no bluetooth was involved, within a few minutes my phone rebooted.
    Glad its working well for you. I have not tried it again since i Uninstalled it.
    03-22-2016 07:47 PM
    When i tested this, no bluetooth was involved, within a few minutes my phone rebooted.
    Glad its working well for you. I have not tried it again since i Uninstalled it.
    That is weird. Have you gone so far as to do a factory reset and installed the app first to check to see if you experience any problems prior to loading everything else? I also ran the app without BT and no heating or restart/crash issues with the app. I use the app practically everyday on my commute and no symptoms like what others have been experiencing.
    03-22-2016 08:22 PM
    I uninstalled this last week as well due to the reboot issue, and when I went to reinstall it, it said it wasn't compatible with my phone. I just checked and I'm not getting that message anymore, so I just installed it, but I haven't had a chance to check it out. Give it a try again.
    03-22-2016 09:00 PM
    I read on another website from an iheart post that they are working on a fix, and that you should download the 5.13 version until the issue is fixed. I downloaded it from this linkhttp://www.apkmirror.com/apk/iheartmedia-inc/iheartradio/iheartradio-5-13-0-release/iheartradio-5-13-0-android-apk-download/. Using it right now, and it seems good so far.
    03-24-2016 09:42 AM
    My Galaxy S7 Edge rebooted several times a day, while listening to iheart radio, 1310 The Ticket. My son has the same phone, with no problems. I removed the app and so far the phone is fine.
    03-24-2016 12:41 PM
    I uninstalled the app and d/l again from galaxy app store... been running fine for 3 hrs. now.... good luck.
    04-05-2016 11:44 AM
    My phone has been restarting off and on since I got the s7 edge on Verizon March 10th while using I heart on wifi and Bluetooth and today it actually reset my settings back to stock. Had to go back in and change all of them again. I may have to stop using this app for now which sucks.
    04-12-2016 02:48 PM
    I am having the same issue with the iHeart app and Samsung milk music app not causing my phone to reboot. How do I fix this I have turned in this phone twice to AT&T per their recommendations but it is still doing it. I have listened to the apps both via Bluetooth and regular headphone...... What should I do???
    04-13-2016 11:51 AM
    I have spent hours at the verizon store. Factory reset, cache cleared, ran the program that removes pointless apps and nothing works. Pretty sure iHeart is not optimized for Marshmallow OS. A new phone wont help, it does the same thing. Have to wait for an update from iHeart and not use it until then.
    04-13-2016 04:59 PM
    wtf, really ??? lol
    my wife mentioned this rebooting, so i tried it on mine,in under 5 minutes, rebooted.
    looking for a fix, not sure what that does. please keep us posted.
    thanks!!
    I cleared the cache from app, then uninstalled, rebooted reinstalled app works fine now. S6. After update to marshmallow.
    04-15-2016 12:29 PM
    Same problem on my sprint S6 and do have the latest iheart 6.0.1 update still reboots sometimes sometimes not!
    04-22-2016 12:54 PM
    I have the same problem with a S6 Edge however, the overheating problem is intermittent. It does not happen everytime. This will be hard to troubleshoot.
    04-25-2016 11:59 AM
    Has iHeart addressed this problem? I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache. Nothing works, crashes S7 ever 10 to 15 minutes.
    04-26-2016 09:48 AM
    Has iHeart addressed this problem? I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache. Nothing works, crashes S7 ever 10 to 15 minutes.
    Nope... Not yet. Iheart issue.
    They updated the app last week and in the description did acknowledge they know of issues w Samsung devices running 6.0 and they are working on a fix.
    Very surprised it would take this long being such a popular app

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2016 05:27 AM
    iHeartRadio has a new link in their "what's new" section of the app on the play store that let's you join the beta for the app and it has supposedly fixed the Samsung issue. I joined it yesterday and used it this morning, (not on Bluetooth though) and it worked just fine but I'll update once I use it on Bluetooth and wifi at the same time and see if it restarts my phone.
    04-30-2016 08:50 AM
    iHeartRadio has a new link in their "what's new" section of the app on the play store that let's you join the beta for the app and it has supposedly fixed the Samsung issue. I joined it yesterday and used it this morning, (not on Bluetooth though) and it worked just fine but I'll update once I use it on Bluetooth and wifi at the same time and see if it restarts my phone.
    We're pretty sure we've identified and fixed the reboot issue. You can get beta version 6.1.1 from iHeartRadio.com/AndroidBeta now. We should have the fix rolled out to everyone soon.
    clintw22 likes this.
    05-02-2016 03:07 PM
    It has worked fine for me now on Bluetooth and wifi! No more resets.
    05-02-2016 03:39 PM
    It has worked fine for me now on Bluetooth and wifi! No more resets.
    Great, that's what we like to hear.
    05-05-2016 12:59 PM
45 12