S7 Edge iHeart App Causes phone to over heat and shut off

A

AC Question

I just received my Galaxy S7 Edge and was super stoked until this AM when I pulled up my iHEART app up and the phone gets hotter then a pizza oven and cuts off over and over again. Is this a software issue or an app issue? I called AT&T and they said I can return the device but I really do like it and would like to keep it. Just confused and wondering if I have a bad device or this is a software issue.

I have turned the phone completely off (5 min) and turned it back on several times still having the same issue. I have even removed and re installed the app with the same trouble.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data? Have you tried going to the App Manager, selecting iHeart, and Clearing Cache/Data?

JasonBST

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried both. I finally deleted the app and contacted Samsung. They entered an escalation ticket. I will post on here what the solution is.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me as well but only when using the app with Bluetooth headphones.

Posted via the Android Central App

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it has to do with the iheart radio app specifically not being optimized for marshmallow?

I have had the Nexus 6p since launch and iheart works flawlessly on it....oh well

Snider8419

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I just received my Galaxy S7 Edge and was super stoked until this AM when I pulled up my iHEART app up and the phone gets hotter then a pizza oven and cuts off over and over again. Is this a software issue or an app issue? I called AT&T and they said I can return the device but I really do like it and would like to keep it. Just confused and wondering if I have a bad device or this is a software issue.

I have turned the phone completely off (5 min) and turned it back on several times still having the same issue. I have even removed and re installed the app with the same trouble.

I have a S7 that is doing the same thing. The streaming will stop and when I look at the phone it will be rebooting. I have it linked thru my Bluetooth to my car when it happens. Mine is thru Verizon and i called them about the problem. I was able to stream Pandora with no problems so it must be a problem with the iheart app.

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonBST

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I thought that was it as well but I updated my other device which is operating on Marshmallow so who knows. Thanks for everyones input thus far :) Ill keep everyone posted with what AT&T or Samsung tell me.

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I thought that was it as well but I updated my other device which is operating on Marshmallow so who knows. Thanks for everyones input thus far :) Ill keep everyone posted with what AT&T or Samsung tell me.

Hi, how do I contact Samsung?their website? Something similar happened to me but while using the YouTube app while linked to the TV.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. Verizon s7 edge. Streamed iheart radio thru Bluetooth and it stopped when I was in the shower and when I got out, my phone had restarted. Don't know if it got hot.

Snider8419

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I tried to Uninstaller and reinstall app to see if that would help but it didn't. Tried turning off the battery fast charge with no help. Tried just using the speaker without using blue tooth but still no help. I used the phone for a long time and it got kind of hot but never rebooted like it does with iheart app running.

JasonBST

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes on the website. Just click Owners & Support and then on the drop down click contact support. Fill out the needed info and submit. They are pretty quick about getting back to you. My issue with iHeart must be a big problem it has been escalated to an executive level per my feedback from Samsung.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Leave a bad rating on the app about the issue and they will address it. Then you can just update the review.

Snider8419

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
The Iheart group was quick to respond to my email. They had me do this and I have been able to listen for over 30 minutes without problems First, please sign out of iHeartRadio. Only things is I didn't have a option to clear cache.

Press or tap your device’s Home button or icon OR tap your device’s Menu button or icon Tap Settings (or System Settings) Tap Application Manager (or Apps) Swipe up to find iHeartRadio and tap the app icon Tap Force Stop Tap Clear Cache Tap Clear Data

Next, please uninstall iHeartRadio from your device. Do not re-install just yet, only uninstall iHeartRadio.

Then, could you then please try powering down your device. Leave the device powered down for around 30 seconds. After that, you may power the device back on and reinstall iHeartRadio

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The Iheart group was quick to respond to my email. They had me do this and I have been able to listen for over 30 minutes without problems First, please sign out of iHeartRadio. Only things is I didn't have a option to clear cache.

Press or tap your device’s Home button or icon OR tap your device’s Menu button or icon Tap Settings (or System Settings) Tap Application Manager (or Apps) Swipe up to find iHeartRadio and tap the app icon Tap Force Stop Tap Clear Cache Tap Clear Data

Next, please uninstall iHeartRadio from your device. Do not re-install just yet, only uninstall iHeartRadio.

Then, could you then please try powering down your device. Leave the device powered down for around 30 seconds. After that, you may power the device back on and reinstall iHeartRadio

wtf, really ??? lol
my wife mentioned this rebooting, so i tried it on mine,in under 5 minutes, rebooted.
looking for a fix, not sure what that does. please keep us posted.
thanks!!

Last edited:

sj98ta

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
So, interesting. I uninstalled the iHeartRadio app on my S7, and then tried to re-installed, and can't. The iHeartRadio app in the Playstore says it is not compatible with the device. I wonder if this will be permanent, or just until they come up with a fix?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey