tmobile pre orders movement

mikeyd1984

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone that's been processing starting to get shipping info? Ordered the 2nd still processing. Went to order the same phone and site didn't mention anything about back orders or delays. Pretty upset with tmobile. Also sprint and best buy is shipping the vr with the phone, jealous

Posted via the Android Central App

AgentDecoy

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Ordered mine on Feb 29th (titanium version) and stuck in limbo. I got an email saying it would ship between 03/07-03/08 but that time frame has come and gone. I saw that my card yesterday had a pending hold placed on it for the device taxes so I assuming that I am getting close to shipping (???). I called customer service yesterday to see what the hold up was and he led me to believe it will ship this week, but was being very vague about it---either he knows that it was about to ship and wasn't allowed to tell me or knew nothing and just wanted to get me off the phone :-\

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine on Feb 29th (titanium version) and stuck in limbo. I got an email saying it would ship between 03/07-03/08 but that time frame has come and gone. I saw that my card yesterday had a pending hold placed on it for the device taxes so I assuming that I am getting close to shipping (???). I called customer service yesterday to see what the hold up was and he led me to believe it will ship this week, but was being very vague about it---either he knows that it was about to ship and wasn't allowed to tell me or knew nothing and just wanted to get me off the phone :-\

I placed an order on the 28th and got the same email saying it would ship on the 7th or 8th. I took a chance and went on the site on the 2nd and went through the order process and at the end, it said the delivery date would be on the 4th. I went through with that order and got the phone on the 4th which was Friday.

I cancelled the original order today. I asked them how as it possible I ordered a phone on the 28th and never got that one when I got the phone ordered a few days later. They had no explanation.

Today around 2:30 I went on the site and went through the order process again just to see if there was a delivery date listed and sure enough, it said I would get the phone delivered tomorrow yet people who placed orders in February are still waiting. They had stock today or there wouldn't have been a delivery date listed.

Their system of doing this is worthless to be polite.

AgentDecoy

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I placed an order on the 28th and got the same email saying it would ship on the 7th or 8th. I took a chance and went on the site on the 2nd and went through the order process and at the end, it said the delivery date would be on the 4th. I went through with that order and got the phone on the 4th which was Friday.

I cancelled the original order today. I asked them how as it possible I ordered a phone on the 28th and never got that one when I got the phone ordered a few days later. They had no explanation.

Today around 2:30 I went on the site and went through the order process again just to see if there was a delivery date listed and sure enough, it said I would get the phone delivered tomorrow yet people who placed orders in February are still waiting. They had stock today or there wouldn't have been a delivery date listed.

Their system of doing this is worthless to be polite.

Thanks for sharing--was it a difficult process to cancel the original order? Did the online system allow a second order to be placed on the same phone line when the original order was still pending?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing--was it a difficult process to cancel the original order? Did the online system allow a second order to be placed on the same phone line when the original order was still pending?

Well, as messed up as their system is and the quality of service the phone reps give, I honestly don't know that they actually cancelled my order placed on the 28th. Last week, I tried to cancel it and they said that it was too late to cancel and that I had to wait till I got the phone and then call and get a return authorization. Suddenly when I called Wednesday, they are able to cancel it over the phone? I have no idea what to believe or what's going to actually happen now.

I have four lines on my account so I could order four phones at a time so you may be limited to just one order till it's paid off if you only have one line. You may not be able to place a second order unless you've paid for the first one outright instead of monthly payments.

As of now, that order from the 28th still shows as being processed. I wouldn't be surprised if they force ship this phone anyways.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I
Well, as messed up as their system is and the quality of service the phone reps give, I honestly don't know that they actually cancelled my order placed on the 28th. Last week, I tried to cancel it and they said that it was too late to cancel and that I had to wait till I got the phone and then call and get a return authorization. Suddenly when I called Wednesday, they are able to cancel it over the phone? I have no idea what to believe or what's going to actually happen now.

I have four lines on my account so I could order four phones at a time so you may be limited to just one order till it's paid off if you only have one line. You may not be able to place a second order unless you've paid for the first one outright instead of monthly payments.

As of now, that order from the 28th still shows as being processed. I wouldn't be surprised if they force ship this phone anyways.

I ordered a silver S7 Edge from T-Mo on 3/1 to compare with my N6P but it's still showing processing. I don't know why there has been no movement.

rdavenp3

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I ordered on 3/3. Mine is still showing as processing. Called customer service and was told they are backordered and won't ship until Tuesday or Wednesday next week. She also said they will be sending out text and email on Friday explaining the backordered status and anticipated ship dates to everyone who hasn't received their pre- order yet.

mikeyd1984

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
This is ridiculous as to what they are doing. I also was about to order and it said I'd get it tomorrow. If they were back ordered there site would say so

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
They updated the website in the last hour to show which models are in stock. I saw immediately that it showed there were gold S7 Edge phones in stock.

Earlier there were Silver Edge models available as well. This makes no sense.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
If I didn't end up receiving mine by launch day I was going to cancel and just try my luck in a store. I suggest the same for everyone else. Having to wait that long with no movement while others are getting their devices has to be extremely frustrating.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If I didn't end up receiving mine by launch day I was going to cancel and just try my luck in a store. I suggest the same for everyone else. Having to wait that long with no movement while others are getting their devices has to be extremely frustrating.

That would be OK but we don't know how long the cancelation process takes and how soon it shows you are eligible to upgrade again. Those who buy outright don't have to worry about that though if that's what some people are doing.

I cancelled mine on the phone yesterday. As of today, it still shows as being processed just as if it were still a current order. They said they cancelled it but I would not be surprised if they send it anyway hoping I'll change my mine. I already have a silver S7 Edge so this one that I cancelled was the first one I ordered on the 28th. The one I have now was ordered on March 2 and I got it last Friday.

SROhlms

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I called this morning and spoke to a T-Mobile representative who said basically the same things. It seems as if they are all on a relatively similar page in terms of what crap to regurgitate now. I ordered on March 3rd and was told this morning that the phone is now on a 4-8 day back order. However, when I informed the representative people that had ordered after me we're already getting their phones, they had absolutely no answer, nor did they have any answer when I stated that I could order a second phone on the website and receive it sooner.

I'm a T-mobile fan, but this is crappy customer service.

trevor42088

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
so i just called tmobile, spoke with a nice woman who grabbed a manager to help cancel my pre order. They said their systems werent allowing them because i had already s-signed, seemed like they had to email a back office to have them do it 'pretty quickly'. She also up'd my credit limit to make sure when i go into the store tomorrow, and the phone is still on my account, ill be able to add another with no problem. Left pretty detailed notes that retail are able to see, so if there isnt any issue with my JOD being used on an order 10 days before, they would know whats going on.

Now to call in late tomorrow so i can pick up the phone before work :D

trevor42088

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I also confirmed with the retail store they ALREADY have the phones for tomorrow, they just wont break the street date. So if anyone is worried about retail availability tomorrow, they had them set aside from the back orders. I wonder if thats why our phones were pushed back, to save some for retail release date.

mikeyd1984

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
so i just called tmobile, spoke with a nice woman who grabbed a manager to help cancel my pre order. They said their systems werent allowing them because i had already s-signed, seemed like they had to email a back office to have them do it 'pretty quickly'. She also up'd my credit limit to make sure when i go into the store tomorrow, and the phone is still on my account, ill be able to add another with no problem. Left pretty detailed notes that retail are able to see, so if there isnt any issue with my JOD being used on an order 10 days before, they would know whats going on.

What do you mean upped your credit limit?

SROhlms

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I asked whether stores would have these "backordered" phones available tomorrow and was told "No, they're being held back for the preorders first." Figures.

trevor42088

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
each customer has a credit limit when it comes to jump and JOD. Pretty much the limit of how many devices/accessories you can lease/EIP at once.

Pretty much at any given time i have ATLEAST 4 leased phones (1 for each line) and multiple accessories.

Since tmobile cant cancel the pre order right away, that 700 dollar phone is still going to be on my EIP total until they remove it, so she made sure i had enough extra credit to grab another phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12