User Review for T-Mobile version

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I just received mine in the mail yesterday and this is for T-Mobile. One thing I learned is, do not use the old sim card you were using and stick it in. Use the new sim card that came with the phone from T-Mobile. I didn't know this, and it caused some activation issues while switching phones. Maybe mine was an exception, but I recommend you guys to do that. I have a kakaotalk chat program that is suspended, because it thinks I'm using a fake phone number. This sucks hard, cuz I use that chat program extensively, and its all because I just put in my old sim in the new phone. smh

Initial impression. Looks very nice. I got the black onyx version. Much more easier to hold than the s6 edge plus. I have the s6 edge too and I wish it was that size with the same curvature, but oh well. However once you put a case on it, it won't look as great as it did naked.

Speed: Very fluid. It's quick but now it tries to be smooth. My s6 edge plus was quick but not velvety smooth. There is definitely more animation to this phone, even with all animation reduced to .5x. This will take some getting used to. But so far everything is fast.Even chrome and samsung browsers are very smooth which was not the case with the tmobile s6 edge plus.

Camera: Very very good. But the s6 edge plus was great also so I'm spoiled. The low light photography definitely wears a champion belt on the s7 edge than the s6 edge or s6 edge plus. So this is something you guys are going to love. Focus is very fast and OIS is even more stable than ever. Great for shakers

Fingerprint scanner: Much more reliable and quicker than the s6 and the s6 edge plus. This is probably because of marshmallow innate ability to integrate fingerprints now. Not so much the hardware. But hey, it works better, and I have the edge 7 to thank for that. However hopefully next year, it'll be as perfect as the 6p or iphone 6s

Sound: It is much more thicker and clearer than the s6 edge plus. But my phone's volume seems to be lower. I don't know what it is, but it is just a tad lower than the s6edge plus. This bothers me a little bit. But it is not worth calling it a defect.

Screen: Perfect.

Battery Life: I had it for less than 24 hrs. HEre is what I can tell you. I went to bed last night with 95% 1am. When I woke up this morning I had 90% at 9 am. I have been using this extensively right now since then since I'm installing everything and syncing with active exchange. It is at 69% at 12 pm. I think I can say it'll last me to the night easily.
I am not using active display. Why? Because I like saving battery no matter how minute. I do have a pretty large cell standby. I hate this part about tmobile phones. I had it with my 6dge plus, and I have it with my 7 edge.

Call Quality: Very clean and again very thick. Very clear, but the volume is low. I am emphasizing this, because they changed the speakers to be louder this year, and I'm not hearing it, side by side to my edge plus.

Software: Touchwiz looks better than ever. I just put a black theme on it and it looks even better. Everything is smooth. Even that stupid jank that was on the dialer numberpad on the s6 edge's and s6 is gone. thank god. And Tmobile, has very very little bloatware. To illustrate, I couldn't scroll in my app drawer, because it was only 1 page! no more microsoft crap. Keep it up Samsung!

Other miscellaneous stuff:

I bought a black verus case. It is very nice but thick. It will make the phone less attractive, but I can probably drop it several times, and never have to worry.

I also bought the iQ shield screen protector. Terrible fit. Even harder to put on cuz of the curve. It was a wet applicator, and it took me 30 minutes last night to put it on. I almost threw the phone. almost.

Lastly, I like light phones. However this phone with the case, is gonna feel a little heavy compared to the 6edge and the 6edge plus. The curvature helps, but still, I wish it was in the <145 gram range. The mi5 has a 3000mah battery and is very light. I hope samsung does this in the future.

Anyways, thats my impression on the phone so far. If you guys have questions for the tmobile version, I'm here.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people buy these gorgeous fragile phones that require a case, we're certainly paying extra for those sweet aesthetics but that becomes moot once we throw the very necessary case on it. It seems like the tech equivalent of minimum wage workers voting red ;)

Thanks for the well written review though, I wish I could get those specs in a sturdy package.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why people buy these gorgeous fragile phones that require a case, we're certainly paying extra for those sweet aesthetics but that becomes moot once we throw the very necessary case on it. It seems like the tech equivalent of minimum wage workers voting red ;)

Thanks for the well written review though, I wish I could get those specs in a sturdy package.

I've often said this in other threads, but just because I buy a case for my phone to carry around to protect it, doesn't mean my phone is always going to be in a case. And for those times when it's not, I like the look of the edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I think we all want to protect this guy. it looks awesome but delicate at the same time. that's why we have cases.

Posted via the Android Central App