Verizon $100 trade in

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So, how can I get the $100 trade in for Verizon?

i know this is covered in the Verizon Preorder thread, but that is a 103 pages long, and it is hard to coordinate replies.

I am using an upgrade from a line with an original Droid Maxx on it, and when I did the online thing it just told me it was worth $30. The Verizon ad says you can get a $100 minimum.

2nd part question. Can I just buy a cheap phone like this that was posted in the preorder thread:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Centu...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5046037

and send that in for my $100 value, then sell my Droid on eBay? Or is Verizon going to require me to send in my Droid?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In the order process, it should show the trade in. Keep in mind that it is only for dpp orders directly through Verizon (not through Comcast or other third party).

With that said you should be able to submit it now and contact Verizon to give you the difference.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So, how can I get the $100 trade in for Verizon?

i know this is covered in the Verizon Preorder thread, but that is a 103 pages long, and it is hard to coordinate replies.

I am using an upgrade from a line with an original Droid Maxx on it, and when I did the online thing it just told me it was worth $30. The Verizon ad says you can get a $100 minimum.

2nd part question. Can I just buy a cheap phone like this that was posted in the preorder thread:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Centu...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5046128

and send that in for my $100 value, then sell my Droid on eBay? Or is Verizon going to require me to send in my Droid?
I know you are specifically asking about Verizon, but I will answer with my experience with T-Mobile and AT&T.

There are 2 main disclaimers were:
-any payoffs for payment plans or ETFs and you had to trade in that specific phone
-the phone cannot be valued at $0

So if you have no ETF or payment plan and are only looking to get the $100 trade in, you can trade on any phone that has actual value. The last trade in I did was a Verizon prepaid Moto E I grabbed at Best Buy for $15. Good luck!

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I know you are specifically asking about Verizon, but I will answer with my experience with T-Mobile and AT&T.

There are 2 main disclaimers were:
-any payoffs for payment plans or ETFs and you had to trade in that specific phone
-the phone cannot be valued at $0

So if you have no ETF or payment plan and are only looking to get the $100 trade in, you can trade on any phone that has actual value. The last trade in I did was a Verizon prepaid Moto E I grabbed at Best Buy for $15. Good luck!

I traded in a HTC Rezound which was valued at $0. You just have to wait for a code they text you after your phone ships.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I traded in a HTC Rezound which was valued at $0. You just have to wait for a code they text you after your phone ships.
That is awesome that Verizon accepts $0 valued phones. Best Buy trade ins in the best excluded prepaid phones and AT&T requires the phone to have value.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
That is awesome that Verizon accepts $0 valued phones. Best Buy trade ins in the best excluded prepaid phones and AT&T requires the phone to have value.

Verizon does say ANY smart phone that's in working condition. Tried it out and it seems they're not lying about ANY phone! Hooray!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2