How can I get to the "Settings" on the FUEL LOG app (Simon Morganthaler's app)?

RJLOMMD

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Fuel Log since 2012. Transferred from a Droid RAZR to a Galaxy S5. The key seems to be in getting to the settings menu of the app. Once there you have the options of exporting or importing a .csv file. Once done, all the entries are there.

Enter my upgrade to the S7 Edge. Using Smart Switch all my apps and data came over from the S5 to the S7--even Fuel Log. But what I cannot get to is the settings menu so I can import the .csv file I exported from the S5.

Whenever I press the lower left button--which is how I got to it on the S5--I get the message that the app does not support dual view. I don't want split screen, I want the settings. Any ideas? I'd appreciate the help because its a great app.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If you check the reviews on the Play Store you can see that many people are having problems trying to recover their data. The latest update was in 2011 so if seems the developer is not longer supporting the app. Sorry :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can try using the assistant menu from the settings to enable the menu button feature.

RJLOMMD

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both for your replies. I did look at the reviews but the app works fine as far as I'm concerned and I have a history going back to 2010 that I would like to keep.
dpham00: What do you mean by "using the assistant menu from settings..."? How do I do this? Where do I go?

Lukasmith

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you both for your replies. I did look at the reviews but the app works fine as far as I'm concerned and I have a history going back to 2010 that I would like to keep.
dpham00: What do you mean by "using the assistant menu from settings..."? How do I do this? Where do I go?

Go to Accessibility > Dexterity and interaction > Assistant menu. Open Fuel log and navigate through Assistant menu.

ekendraed

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Go to Accessibility > Dexterity and interaction > Assistant menu. Open Fuel log and navigate through Assistant menu.

Could bot find FUEL LOG in Assistant Menu

What am I doing wrong?

nr35

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I am having same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S6.
Recently I noticed that my ability to go in settings menu is disappeared from my
Samsung galaxy S6 android phone.

How can I get back my settings without loosing my data.
I am unable to export or import data since tat option is not visible.
I use to have floating Setting menu in this app and now it's not there.

How to restore this floating settings menu?

Thanks

Pegasus17

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me
THANK YOU so very much. I also had info since 2012 that I dind't want to loose.

Update: I guess it worked to get the info exported from my Note 4 to Sd card but I can't figure out how to put it on my Note 7
:(

Last edited:

Peaty

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a ton, I just upgraded to the S7 and thought all was lost. I backed up my data but had no way to get to the menu. The 4 square worked and I'm going again.

Egpmg001

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site

Lukasmith, thank you very much, I emailed Simon and got no reply, I thought I will have to look for another app.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morgan McNall

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
It is very simple to export /import your Fuel log data off one phone to the other. I exported from my Samsung Galaxy S-5 to Galaxy S-8 - but there are a couple nuances. On the S-5 press and hold the page button (on the left) a screen will pop up with settings and export/import - follow directions to export. On the S-8 after you installed the Fuel Log app, open it. At the bottom of are the usual controls, but at the far right are 3 vertical dots - press that and the screen will pop up for settings, export /import. Locate your imported file (follow directions where file is to be placed) (you have to do this part) and select it, press import. Done. Note: I emailed the .csv file from one device to the other - there may be other ways, but this worked for me. Hope this helps.

YvonKap

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
I used the Assistant menu before on my Samsung S7 to change settings in Fuel Log but it doesn't work anymore. The only thing I can do with the Assistant menu is change the settings on my phone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Either find an app that's currently supported or learn to write one. There's no way to get an unsupported 7 year old app "fixed". (Either the developer lost interest or he died.)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm confused about this. Will there be two FuelLog windows?

I have an Android, but it's not Samsung.
My answer doesn't work anymore. Android doesn't have a menu button function anymore. If the app doesn't support Android's new interface, you need to find an app that emulates the old menu button or find a new app.