07-23-2016 01:48 PM
1,069 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I got my S2 smartwatch today. It's now on Craigslist for $250.
    Link?
    04-06-2016 09:59 AM
    The tracking for my S2 said created on 3/31 and shipping on 4/1. My status said pending. I got an email later on in the day saying that my submission was approved and estimated to ship on 4/8. It still said pending on the status for 2 more days before it said 4/8. I got another email on 4/4 saying that it was shipped (fedex agreed) and it came in late yesterday 4/5. So, I started playing with it last night and wore to work today. Not sure how much I will use things on it other than the watch and weather. When setting it up the notification part warned me that I wouldn't get text messages since I'm not using Message - I'm using Textra. Haven't really had time to try much else out yet though.
    04-06-2016 10:26 AM
    This was on my doorstep this morning. Verzion branded 3G model with microphone and stand alone features like my original Gear S. Haven't had mitch time to mess with yet as I'm at work.

04-06-2016 11:28 AM
    Do I have to have the tracking number....is there any other way I can search using FedEx Delivery Manager? My status still shows preparing for shipment!
    04-06-2016 12:17 PM
    Do I have to have the tracking number....is there any other way I can search using FedEx Delivery Manager? My status still shows preparing for shipment!
    On the promo page that you check status on. It will switch to showapproved and an proximate ship date. I received an email that it had been shipped and tracking included. Fedex no signature needed.
    04-06-2016 12:26 PM
    When setting it up the notification part warned me that I wouldn't get text messages since I'm not using Message - I'm using Textra. Haven't really had time to try much else out yet though.

It will work with Textra. You might not be able to initiate a text message from the watch, but you can receive texts on Textra and Mark as Read or Reply
    04-06-2016 12:32 PM
    Mine was just delivered to my house. I'll get it when I get home from work later. I have another claim that they said would be given a gear vr instead of S2 because I used the Comcast promotion. They say that one should be shipped on the 18th. Guess we'll see.
    04-06-2016 12:40 PM
    Mine was just delivered to my house. I'll get it when I get home from work later. I have another claim that they said would be given a gear vr instead of S2 because I used the Comcast promotion. They say that one should be shipped on the 18th. Guess we'll see.
    Got he first onedelivered today. And I've got anther claim as well. Got approved for S2 waiting on shipping info for the 2nd one now.
    04-06-2016 01:18 PM
    It is indeed the 3G version, got mine yesterday. Actually would rather have the non 3G version, I am a femal with small wrists lol
    Wow - I had assumed it would be the non-3G version. And while I was kinda lamenting not having a speaker on it, that wasn't too big of a deal. But I am a male with small wrist and I was actually glad we were getting the slimmer non-3G version because I haven't worn a watch for decades and don't want a huge thing on my wrist.

Oh well, looking on the bright side, I guess if I want I can activate it on Verizon for $5/month and not have to worry about necessarily always having my phone with me. Plus it has GPS and a speaker.

Now if only they would actually ship it! Mine still shows Approved and Shipment Pending....
    04-06-2016 01:27 PM
    Wow - I had assumed it would be the non-3G version. And while I was kinda lamenting not having a speaker on it, that wasn't too big of a deal. But I am a male with small wrist and I was actually glad we were getting the slimmer non-3G version because I haven't worn a watch for decades and don't want a huge thing on my wrist.

Oh well, looking on the bright side, I guess if I want I can activate it on Verizon for $5/month and not have to worry about necessarily always having my phone with me. Plus it has GPS and a speaker.

Now if only they would actually ship it! Mine still shows Approved and Shipment Pending....
    I think knowing how smart Verizon is, they sent the 3G version hoping people would sign up for the plan. It's a no brainer if you think of it.

What do you mean it has a speaker on it?
    04-06-2016 01:30 PM
    Well, I thought the promotion part was being done by Samsung, not Verizon. And the 3G version cost more so...

What do you mean it has a speaker on it?
    The Non-3G version does not have a speaker/sound. You can only get sound by connecting it to a speaker/headset via Bluetooth. The 3G version does (obviously, it has to in order to be used for phone calls). The 3G version also has a GPS chip which the non-3G does not, and the slightly bigger battery to deal with more power usage from 3G - hence the slightly larger size.

Feature-wise, I wanted the 3G. Even went to a Verizon store (thinking we were getting the non-3G) and asked if I would be allowed to trade up to the 3G version, but they said no. But then, because my wrist really are on the small size, I was making my peace with not having those features but having a watch that would probably fit me better in the non-3G version.
    04-06-2016 01:49 PM
    So, just went to my FedEx Manager account and I have a package on it's way via FedEx SmartPost from this address arriving end of week:

Fulfillment Dept. #42
    1810 AIRPORT EXCHANGE BLVD
    ERLANGER, KY US 410183196

I can't think of any other packages I have coming, but then my spouse and I order stuff all the time so not sure. Is that the address the watches are coming from???
    04-06-2016 01:52 PM
    Well, I thought the promotion part was being done by Samsung, not Verizon. And the 3G version cost more so...

The Non-3G version does not have a speaker/sound. You can only get sound by connecting it to a speaker/headset via Bluetooth. The 3G version does (obviously, it has to in order to be used for phone calls). The 3G version also has a GPS chip which the non-3G does not, and the slightly bigger battery to deal with more power usage from 3G - hence the slightly larger size.

Feature-wise, I wanted the 3G. Even went to a Verizon store (thinking we were getting the non-3G) and asked if I would be allowed to trade up to the 3G version, but they said no. But then, because my wrist really are on the small size, I was making my peace with not having those features but having a watch that would probably fit me better in the non-3G version.
    Hmmmmmmm ok so let me understand this...

So how do you take calls on the non-3G if there is no speaker?

I'm comparing to the only other smart watch I have used which was the apple watch. If you do gps on the iPhone it alerts you turn by turn on the apple watch.
    04-06-2016 01:53 PM
    So, just went to my FedEx Manager account and I have a package on it's way via FedEx SmartPost from this address arriving end of week:

Fulfillment Dept. #42
    1810 AIRPORT EXCHANGE BLVD
    ERLANGER, KY US 410183196

I can't think of any other packages I have coming, but then my spouse and I order stuff all the time so not sure. Is that the address the watches are coming from???
    Not 100% sure, but that looks like an amazon.com address. Don't think that's the address for the promotion.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-06-2016 02:29 PM
    They all have speakers I believe. But the 3G has a microphone as well. My promotional S2 is a verzion 3G version. Loving it so far. Had the Gear S before it was stand alone as well. Just switched the new S2 over to my existing gear S line. And yes it's $5 a month plus tax and fees. And $8 extra dollars a month to have a stand alone watch. And it's nice to have.
    04-06-2016 02:33 PM
    Submitted on 3/8 for the VR and also have an estimated ship date of 4/1. Still no tracking number or anything
    04-06-2016 03:07 PM
    No, they both have Mics (on the non-3G version, it can still be used with S-Voice) but only the 3G phone has the speaker. Trust me, I've been researching the hell out of this thing for the last 3 weeks!

The non-3G version can't be used for phone calls... even via bluetooth... due to the lack of a speaker.

The GPS on the 3G version just gives it extra functionality (you could do turn by turn directions without having a phone on you if you have 3G service or you can use it to track a run without a phone).
    ClintRo likes this.
    04-06-2016 03:27 PM
    And yes it's $5 a month plus tax and fees. And $8 extra dollars a month to have a stand alone watch.
    Now I'm confused... What does $8 extra to have a stand alone watch mean? I definitely want to add service to my plan for the watch, but hoping to only pay $5/month for that.
    04-06-2016 03:30 PM
    Anyone know of a way to completely turn off the 3G feature on the S2? It always shows me a signal strength even though I'm not activated on Verizon. Looks like airplane mode will do it, but it keeps you from replying to a text even though bluetooth is still on.

If we can disable the 3G connection so its not constantly talkingk, we should be able to get better battery life.
    04-06-2016 03:45 PM
    Not 100% sure, but that looks like an amazon.com address. Don't think that's the address for the promotion.

Not Amazon, but you're right, not Samsung promotion. I did finally figure it out and it's definitely not from Samsung. :-( Guess I keep waiting...
    04-06-2016 03:47 PM
    Anyone know of a way to completely turn off the 3G feature on the S2? It always shows me a signal strength even though I'm not activated on Verizon. Looks like airplane mode will do it, but it keeps you from replying to a text even though bluetooth is still on.

If we can disable the 3G connection so its not constantly talkingk, we should be able to get better battery life.
    Settings connections mobile network.

Rygots and sushiguy732 like this.
    04-06-2016 03:48 PM
    No, they both have Mics (on the non-3G version, it can still be used with S-Voice) but only the 3G phone has the speaker. Trust me, I've been researching the hell out of this thing for the last 3 weeks!
    The non-3G version can't be used for phone calls... even via bluetooth... due to the lack of a speaker.

The GPS on the 3G version just gives it extra functionality (you could do turn by turn directions without having a phone on you if you have 3G service or you can use it to track a run without a phone).
    Thanks for the clarification. Learn something new every day.
    04-06-2016 03:52 PM
    Now I'm confused... What does $8 extra to have a stand alone watch mean? I definitely want to add service to my plan for the watch, but hoping to only pay $5/month for that.
    $5 fit the added line. About $2.50 taxes and wireless fees. Same as phone. But as much.
    04-06-2016 03:53 PM
    It will work with Textra. You might not be able to initiate a text message from the watch, but you can receive texts on Textra and Mark as Read or Reply
    Hmm.. just got a text and nothing on the watch. Did you need to do anything to make it work or did it just work. When I set the watch up the setup said it wouldn't work since I wasn't using the default message app.
    04-06-2016 04:07 PM
    Not Amazon, but you're right, not Samsung promotion. I did finally figure it out and it's definitely not from Samsung. :-( Guess I keep waiting...
    Brighton was the name and place was Indiana for me

04-06-2016 04:07 PM
1,069 ... 1617181920 ...