Samsung promotion status.

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought about selling mine (when I get it) as that would make a great discount on the cost of the phone, but alas, I'm too much of a gadget geek. I know I don't need it, but it'll make for a fun toy!

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully it'll fit mine just as well... but perhaps a little less lovely and little more manly. :cool:

It comes with 2 different sizes of wrist straps. A longer set and shorter set. I am actually doing a mix and match with one side being the longer version of that side and the other being the shorter of that side.

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I thought about selling mine (when I get it) as that would make a great discount on the cost of the phone, but alas, I'm too much of a gadget geek. I know I don't need it, but it'll make for a fun toy!
I kinda felt the way you do, but I wear a mechanical watch that I just can't see myself replacing.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
It comes with 2 different sizes of wrist straps. A longer set and shorter set. I am actually doing a mix and match with one side being the longer version of that side and the other being the shorter of that side.

Good idea!

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
They all have speakers I believe. But the 3G has a microphone as well. My promotional S2 is a verzion 3G version. Loving it so far. Had the Gear S before it was stand alone as well. Just switched the new S2 over to my existing gear S line. And yes it's $5 a month plus tax and fees. And $8 extra dollars a month to have a stand alone watch. And it's nice to have.

Where are you getting your information from? I too am on Verizon, got the Gear S2 3G version form the promotion and I DID NOT activate it for $5/month. Where do you see they are going to charge $8/month for not activating it? That does not make sense. If someone sells it they still have to pay the monthly "non-activation fee" and for how long? Then what happens to the person who buys it? How would Verizon know they have it and start charging them if they don't activate it? Does not see plausible at all my friend.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of a way to completely turn off the 3G feature on the S2? It always shows me a signal strength even though I'm not activated on Verizon. Looks like airplane mode will do it, but it keeps you from replying to a text even though bluetooth is still on.

If we can disable the 3G connection so its not constantly talkingk, we should be able to get better battery life.
I wonder if this is why my watch drained from 65% to 15% in a matter of 7-8 hours. It alerted me it was going into power saving mode. I thought this watch should last 2 days and being that it is the 3G version it has the 300mah battery.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Where are you getting your information from? I too am on Verizon, got the Gear S2 3G version form the promotion and I DID NOT activate it for $5/month. Where do you see they are going to charge $8/month for not activating it? That does not make sense. If someone sells it they still have to pay the monthly "non-activation fee" and for how long? Then what happens to the person who buys it? How would Verizon know they have it and start charging them if they don't activate it? Does not see plausible at all my friend.

$8 a month for activating it after fees.... Not for not activating it... No extra cost if you don't activate it...

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
$8 a month for activating it after fees.... Not for not activating it... No extra cost if you don't activate it...

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge
Exactly! Bingo! And I already had a line for my original Gear S. I just switched it to this watch. No extra cost to me. Because I already had the line set up from previously.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I was thinking the same thing but when mine came in I had to open the box and try it out. I haven't worn a watch in at least 10 years and I can't take this one off! It is really amazing. I have not activated it but still take calls on it when the phone is near. It makes a GREAT hands free option when I am in a car that I do not have a BT connection to.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Now if only my second one will hurry up and ship along with my BOGO wireless chargers

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine was just delivered to my house. I'll get it when I get home from work later. I have another claim that they said would be given a gear vr instead of S2 because I used the Comcast promotion. They say that one should be shipped on the 18th. Guess we'll see.

Who says you can't get the S2 buying through comcast? I did and prize logic told me 3 times on the phone I am getting the S2 (once before I ordered the phone to check, once when I got that crazy email saying my location code wasn't verizon online, and again this week to ask where is it already). It's in their system I am approved for the S2. Not that I have it in hand yet to confirm. Like others on here. Mine still says shipping 4/1. April fools to me.

Jared2004

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
FYI. I checked FedEx delivery manager & my shipping label got created just a little bit ago. Submitted 3-10 about 9:00CT and had an expected delivery date of April 18. Scheduled to be delivered Friday. We'll have to wait & see.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Who says you can't get the S2 buying through comcast? I did and prize logic told me 3 times on the phone I am getting the S2 (once before I ordered the phone to check, once when I got that crazy email saying my location code wasn't verizon online, and again this week to ask where is it already). It's in their system I am approved for the S2. Not that I have it in hand yet to confirm. Like others on here. Mine still says shipping 4/1. April fools to me.
That's just what the email that I got said. It said that the location code I provided could not be used to redeem a gear s2 and that they would be sending me a gear vr instead. I of course would prefer the gear s2. Maybe they'll still send the S2. That would be awesome.
3 back order emails

I'm in the same boat. I feel like those things are never going to ship lol.