07-23-2016 01:48 PM
1,069 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    FYI: I ordered the S2 with Verizon and found out VIA my FedEx account that it was shipped today and will arrive by Friday.
    04-13-2016 07:11 PM
    I ordered the S2 with Verizon and found out VIA my FedEx account that it was shipped today and will arrive by Friday
    LanceAllan likes this.
    04-13-2016 07:12 PM
    Latest and greatest on the Prizelogic check status page:

04-13-2016 09:20 PM
    When I bought my S7 on 3/13 the rule for the S2 said you had to have payment plan and buy from vzw.com, so that is what I did, but now the rules changed on 3/19 to 2 year contract, payment plan or buy full price from vzw.com.
    Which sucks for me because I would of rather of done the two years and not monthly

Posted via the Android Central App
    LanceAllan and Polen like this.
    04-13-2016 09:29 PM
    Which sucks for me because I would of rather of done the two years and not monthly

Same. I lost my two year plan because of this BS. I haven't had a word from PrizeLogic. This was a goat rope.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    04-13-2016 09:32 PM
    It didn't ever matter what plan you were on if you read the terms of the promotion...I preordered mine on the 2 year plan....was tired of paying monthly for my s6...

04-13-2016 09:40 PM

Fine print that I read when I pre-ordered was quite clear... it said all options of purchase were eligible for the S2.... buy it, lease it, rent it, steal it... Not sure why anyone felt it was different than Samsung spelled out in their fine print.
    04-13-2016 09:55 PM
    Fine print that I read when I pre-ordered was quite clear... it said all options of purchase were eligible for the S2.... buy it, lease it, rent it, steal it... Not sure why anyone felt it was different than Samsung spelled out in their fine print.
    I think it was the Verizon advertisement about the promotion mentioning the payment plan and the way they worded it made it sound like you needed to purchase with payment plan.
    04-13-2016 10:11 PM
    Mine is finally shipped... seeing the tracking on fedex delivery manager and the prizelogic site.
    Submitted day after release..

Cant wait! I've actually been wearing a smartwatch since the Gear 1. I sold my Apple Watch when I got rid of my iphone and I've been missing a smartwatch for awhile now.
    04-14-2016 01:15 AM
    I have been using it as bluetooth/WiFi only for the week I have had mine. You are not required to activate the 3G. For $5 a month, I may activate it in the future... Just need to get a feel for how useful that would be.

For now I don't like the idea of having the new number attached to it. I hear AT&T has an app that let's the S2 clone your current number - maybe Verizon will add a similar feature? That might push me over the edge and get Verizon some extra cash flow!

They told me at Verizon that you can use it without the per month fee. I plan to sign up for the plan because I am psyched I don't need my phone for my runs and hikes anymore. I can't see how they can prevent it from functioning without using 3g but... Who knows?

You can use the watch as 3g bluetooth only. I tried it for a few days. Everything worked great. But I noticed that I wasn't getting the initial Verizon update that came with the watch. I added the 3g option and received the update with more watch face options, unread notifications, and a few extras. Bottom line: You can use the watch as bluetooth only but you won't receive any updates unless you are connected to 3g.
    04-14-2016 06:33 AM
    You can use the watch as 3g bluetooth only. I tried it for a few days. Everything worked great. But I noticed that I wasn't getting the initial Verizon update that came with the watch. I added the 3g option and received the update with more watch face options, unread notifications, and a few extras. Bottom line: You can use the watch as bluetooth only but you won't receive any updates unless you are connected to 3g.
    That stinks you pretty much have to add the 3g to get updates. There's no way to do it any other way? What all did the update consist of?
    04-14-2016 06:58 AM
    That stinks you pretty much have to add the 3g to get updates. There's no way to do it any other way? What all did the update consist of?
    Wouldn't you be able to get the update via wifi???
    04-14-2016 07:17 AM
    Is 3g required to add or change watch faces? Or can you do that without 3G?
    04-14-2016 07:22 AM
    This update includes new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes.
    Add new applications: World Clock, ESPN, News Briefing
    Add new watch faces: Mendini watch faces
    Add search function in the Contacts application
    Add new screen time out Setting (Settings - Display - Screen timeout)
    Show an unread notification indicator on the watch face
    Alert shown when Bluetooth connection is disconnected
    Enter emojis directly using the keyboard
    You should upgrade the Samsung Gear application to the latest version for this update
    Some changes may vary depending on countries

Wouldn't you be able to get the update via wifi???
    I'm sure you could, but how would Verizon know you have the watch? Its a Verizon watch update, not Samsung. Im sure Samsung has the same update but you have a Verizon branded watch. Hope this makes sense.

Is 3g required to add or change watch faces? Or can you do that without 3G?
    Not required to change watch faces. You can change watch faces without 3G.
    04-14-2016 07:46 AM
    I'm sure you could, but how would Verizon know you have the watch? Its a Verizon watch update, not Samsung. Im sure Samsung has the same update but you have a Verizon branded watch. Hope this makes sense.
    Simple, 3g and wifi are both types of internet connections. If the update app is programmed to connect to Verizon, it should be able to regardless of connection type. Also, if you connect to your phone through Bluetooth, Verizon could now that way.
    04-14-2016 08:07 AM
    Was able to update without 3G on my S2. I get notifications, etc as well. Just need to make sure its configured that way on the Gear app.
    04-14-2016 08:28 AM
    OMG. FedEx is saying I have a package coming to me from Birghtpoint. Label created 04/13/2016. Arriving 04/19/2016. I requested the GS2. The shipping weight is 0.9 pounds.
    04-14-2016 08:29 AM
    Was able to update without 3G on my S2. I get notifications, etc as well. Just need to make sure its configured that way on the Gear app.
    Same here
    04-14-2016 08:31 AM
    It kind of seems like everyone got that status change today. Did anyone NOT get it?

If that's the case (everyone) the pessimist in me says this doesn't actually mean anything.
    I means SOMETHING... I'm still sitting at "Shipping estimate pending" for the 3rd or 4th week...
    04-14-2016 08:37 AM
    OMG. FedEx is saying I have a package coming to me from Birghtpoint. Label created 04/13/2016. Arriving 04/19/2016. I requested the GS2. The shipping weight is 0.9 pounds.
    Received fedex notice for 2nd S2 to be delivered last night.....the first one was 2.4lbs the second one is now listed at .9lbs....Samsung promotion status.-fedex2.jpg
    04-14-2016 08:37 AM
    I didn't mean NOT getting notifications. I meant unread notifications. Before the update there is no way to know if you have unread notifications on your watch. After the update there is a little orange circle indicating unread notifications.
    04-14-2016 09:01 AM
    I didn't mean NOT getting notifications. I meant unread notifications. Before the update there is no way to know if you have unread notifications on your watch. After the update there is a little orange circle indicating unread notifications.

Mine updated as soon as I connected S2 to the Gear App on my phone....... no 3G needed on S2 for update. Woke up this morning to that little orange circle next to the "9" on watch dial which was a CNN unread notification from last night Golden State won 73 games.....
    04-14-2016 09:31 AM
    Mine updated as soon as I connected S2 to the Gear App on my phone....... no 3G needed on S2 for update
    Hmm wonder why mine didn't update. Well thanks that's good to know for some it works.
    04-14-2016 09:34 AM
    Received my Gear VR 2 days ago. I had received an approval letter but the Gear was delivered without a shipping confirmation. I'm setting it up today and going to give it a try!
    LanceAllan likes this.
    04-14-2016 01:05 PM
    Correct and if you read and/or dismiss it on your phone, it goes away from the watch. I like that feature
    LanceAllan likes this.
    04-14-2016 01:24 PM
1,069 ... 2526272829 ...