07-23-2016 01:48 PM
1,069 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    I'm not daft, and I'm also not greedy like you. If I didn't want to actually use the watch, I probably wouldn't have taken advantage of the offer. It is optional after all. That way someone else who really wants it can get it. And I certainly wouldn't try to make them pay for one.
    Greed:
    1. excessively or inordinately desirous of wealth, profit, etc.; avaricious:

Not sure how me accepting a free promo that Samsung was giving to anyone who preordered the phone from Verizon makes me greedy...if that's the case, they're your greedy too. I just have a different use for my free gift than you do.

And as I said before, I'm not the reason you don't have your watch, Samsung/Prizelogic is. Stop taking your frustration out on someone who was legitimately entitled to a free gift with purchase. It's not like I have 20 of them lying around, I have my 1 and that's it.
    04-22-2016 10:55 AM
    I wonder what would have happened if verizon/samsung offered a second choice to the S2 - a cash rebate, maybe something like $200. So people who didn't need the watch and just wanted cash would be happy, and those who wanted the watch would more likely get the watch. Pick some price that balances the headache of waiting for the watch to arrive and putting it on ebay. Unless the whole point of the watch giveaway was they were hoping people would subscribe to the monthly data fee to recover their cost.
    04-22-2016 11:43 AM
    I wonder what would have happened if verizon/samsung offered a second choice to the S2 - a cash rebate, maybe something like $200. So people who didn't need the watch and just wanted cash would be happy, and those who wanted the watch would more likely get the watch. Pick some price that balances the headache of waiting for the watch to arrive and putting it on ebay. Unless the whole point of the watch giveaway was they were hoping people would subscribe to the monthly data fee to recover their cost.
    I've been on the phone with Big Red and Prize Logic for days now. They won't be moved.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    04-22-2016 11:51 AM
    My guess is that it's a mix between that and the app sales - since the S2 doesn't run Android Wear, Samsung really needs a huge buy in from people to really get app developers to make both Android Wear and Tizen versions of their watch apps for it to take off.
    04-22-2016 11:51 AM
    Greed:
    1. excessively or inordinately desirous of wealth, profit, etc.; avaricious:

Not sure how me accepting a free promo that Samsung was giving to anyone who preordered the phone from Verizon makes me greedy...if that's the case, they're your greedy too. I just have a different use for my free gift than you do.

And as I said before, I'm not the reason you don't have your watch, Samsung/Prizelogic is. Stop taking your frustration out on someone who was legitimately entitled to a free gift with purchase. It's not like I have 20 of them lying around, I have my 1 and that's it.
    You were complaining earlier about the ebay price of the watch dropping. That sounds "excessively desirous of wealth" to me. And I'm not greedy for keeping a gift from a promo. And I also didn't have to preorder the phone to get it. I ordered on 3/17 and got the phone the next day, then submitted the claim.
    04-22-2016 12:15 PM
    You were complaining earlier about the ebay price of the watch dropping. That sounds "excessively desirous of wealth" to me. And I'm not greedy for keeping a gift from a promo. And I also didn't have to preorder the phone to get it. I ordered on 3/17 and got the phone the next day, then submitted the claim.
    You're complaining that you haven't gotten your watch, but you purchased your phone the day before the promo ended? I just got my watch, and I preordered my phone in February.

As for the secondary market, I'm merely pointing out that people are underpricing a good respective to it's true market value, and devaluing the market for everyone else. Amazon sells the non 3G version for $250 - this watch should easily fetch $200 based on selling conditions. Me wanting to get a true market value for the watch isn't greed, it's sensible - if anything, the initial sellers were selfish in trying to get rid of their watches as fast as possible. If I wanted $400 for the watch, that's called greed. The whole situations is akin to a situation like if you lived in a condo community. Your unit is worth $200k, but your neighbor sells his unit for $150k just to get out asap. He's now effectively devalued the whole community for his own selfishness.
    clintw22 and Jaycemiskel like this.
    04-22-2016 12:55 PM
    So to add, response from PL as below:

Hello,
    Thank you for your inquiry, your gift submission has been received. A tracking number has not been issued. Your gift is being processed.

In order to check the status of your submission for the Samsung Gear VR Offer, please use our Submission Status Tool here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus .

If your receipt submission has been rejected, the Submission Status Tool will also provide an explanation and allow you to resubmit.

If you have just completed registration for this Offer, please allow up to 24 hours for your status to show up. If you have completed registration and your status is still not showing up, this is likely because your receipt image was not uploaded successfully-- please follow the below steps in order to ensure that your submission is complete.

-visit https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/

-Select your retailer from the drop down menu, and enter the email address which you used to register when prompted

-You will then be prompted to submit information that is missing from your submission. This may include your receipt image, device IMEI and MAC address, and your purchase date.

Every submission that we receive is manually reviewed by our team in order to verify eligibility to participate in this Offer. Pending submissions will be reviewed as expediently as possible, and status updates will also be sent to you by email. If your submission is rejected because of an issue with your receipt, you will be sent an email with instructions to resubmit. If you cannot locate this email, please be sure to check your spam or junk mail folders as it will be automatically generated and may be filtered out of your inbox for that reason. We strongly recommend that you add noreply@prizelogic.com to your email contacts in order to ensure that you receive all emails sent to you for this Offer.

More information about this promotion may also be found in the Official Terms and Conditions here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/en-us/Rules

Thank you,
    PrizeLogic Support
    Checked status and still says the same. Oh well, i guess I will keep waiting patiently again.
    04-22-2016 02:41 PM
    You're complaining that you haven't gotten your watch, but you purchased your phone the day before the promo ended? I just got my watch, and I preordered my phone in February.

As for the secondary market, I'm merely pointing out that people are underpricing a good respective to it's true market value, and devaluing the market for everyone else. Amazon sells the non 3G version for $250 - this watch should easily fetch $200 based on selling conditions. Me wanting to get a true market value for the watch isn't greed, it's sensible - if anything, the initial sellers were selfish in trying to get rid of their watches as fast as possible. If I wanted $400 for the watch, that's called greed. The whole situations is akin to a situation like if you lived in a condo community. Your unit is worth $200k, but your neighbor sells his unit for $150k just to get out asap. He's now effectively devalued the whole community for his own selfishness.
    Arguing with him is futile. He clearly doesn't get it and is just mad that he hasn't gotten his yet. I personally originally wanted a gear s2 but after looking at what it did vs what android wear could do I decided to go with an android wear watch. So I bought a LG Watch Urbane 2nd edition LTE and I'm selling my gear S2s to cover the cost. I wanted the promo, just not what they offered. I believe that's reasonable.
    marlin29311 likes this.
    04-22-2016 04:44 PM
    IF YOU CAN GET IT!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-22-2016 05:11 PM
    I got my watch today! Woo hoo, it is so cool. I had to go to the Verizon store to activate it!
    04-22-2016 05:24 PM
    I got my watch today! Woo hoo, it is so cool. I had to go to the Verizon store to activate it!
    Why would you have to go to the store to activate? Can't call or do online?

04-22-2016 06:10 PM
    Good. Resellers are scum anyway. Hopefully any people that have multiple watches on order for that purpose will now cancel them so others who just want their watches will get them faster.
    You are being ridiculous and childish. Your free toy isn't here yet (still inside the 6-8 week window you were told to expect) so you're choosing to lash out at a stranger on the Internet who has nothing to do with it.

I am excited to get my watch too, but I'm getting a little worn out on all the posters making crazy remarks about how terrible this ordeal is. If you bought the phone for no reason other than the free watch then you made a stupid choice.
    marlin29311 likes this.
    04-22-2016 06:14 PM
    My second submission updated! Label created Wednesday and shipped today. Due for delivery tomorrow. Having fedex hold delivery since we'll be in Florida for the next week.
    04-22-2016 07:08 PM
    My second submission updated! Label created Wednesday and shipped today. Due for delivery tomorrow. Having fedex hold delivery since we'll be in Florida for the next week.
    Mine says it's shipping April 1st. Poor FedEx guy must have gotten lost.

kimelle likes this.
    04-22-2016 07:37 PM
    I wonder if I'm getting the watch for my second one. Everyone said those emails were errors but this one only weighs 1.4 lbs. My first watch said 2.5 lbs
    04-22-2016 08:29 PM
    My watch was .9
    04-22-2016 09:12 PM
    I received an email that the Gear watch had shipped with the tracking number yesterday. When I got home from work there was a package at my door. Lo and behold the Gear watch had arrived....yesterday! Glad its here. For those still waiting just hang in there. Apparently, Samsung is slow to let you know they have sent the item so it will just show up without prior notice....
    04-23-2016 06:35 AM
    When did you submit?

04-23-2016 07:17 AM
    I submitted on March 15th
    04-23-2016 11:02 AM
    I submitted on the 11th and still haven't even gotten a label created
    04-23-2016 01:00 PM
    When I tried to activate it online and over the phone I had some troubles with it, I also needed to go to the Verizon store because I had to ask about the protection plan for my new S7 edge, that had dropped and cracked the screen, only had it a little over a week, first phone that I have ever done that too. I needed to get a better case. The one I have sucks!
    04-23-2016 02:50 PM
    Funny how no one's packages or status changes on the weekends, so this thread dies every weekend. Haha
    04-24-2016 05:52 PM
    Funny how no one's packages or status changes on the weekends, so this thread dies every weekend. Haha
    Truth lol. Mine still says April 1st ship date.

04-24-2016 05:59 PM
    Haha I've noticed that a few weekends ago. It sucks cause I work every other weekend and it's slow on weekends so I wish this was more active. Lol. It's usually most active right after PL does a status change. Lol
    04-24-2016 06:56 PM
    Just thought I would share as there is discussion on other posts
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung promotion status.-1461544231881.jpg  
    LifeSucksMEDead likes this.
    04-24-2016 07:31 PM
1,069 ... 3334353637 ...