Samsung promotion status.

Machoofsteel

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I did get the notice from samsung that mine was approved. In that same email from Samsung they sent the Netflix code and the 6 free game sfor the VRI have already redeemed it. It says my VR ships today ( 4/1/16) when I check my Claim Status. Hope this clams your worries. I also have tmobile. FYI I did my claaim on 3/5/16 and got the approved notice on 3/23/16, so it took 18 days to get my approval email.

racingvike

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Somewhat funny, but mostly frustrating story for me. I bought 2 phones. One an S7 Edge, one an S7, on the same date/time and from the same retailer. Submitted 2 separate claims one right after the other using the same receipt, but it had 2 distinctive line items and was very obvious I bought 2 phones. Couple days later received confirmation that the 1st was approved. Next day I get a notification that the 2nd one was denied as it was purchased from a non-participating retailer (which is not true).

I responded to the denial asking how one was approved and the other not knowing they were bought at the same time and place. Received an email back saying it was again bought at a non-participating retailer. Asked the question again and received the same response as if they were not reading my email, no offer to help or explanation of what happened.

Last email I sent asked if they understood English. Haven't heard back since. lol Thought my question was valid and tried to be patient the first couple of exchanges. I'll be contacting Samsung directly instead of Prize Logic.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Asked the question again and received the same response as if they were not reading my email, no offer to help or explanation of what happened.

Last email I sent asked if they understood English.

This sums up my email correspondence I had with them. Except in my follow up email I asked them to actually read my question and not give me a canned response.

They responded, but all they did was copy and paste the terms and conditions.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is now offering me a $100 coupon code instead of the Gear VR because they are so far behind on shipping. I think I'm going to take it. I've had this new Gear VR already and wasn't jazzed about the fixed IPD.

Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.
Shipping Date Estimate: Pending

Delivery times for Gear VR are now extending into May and potentially Summer 2016. Click “Update Gift” if you would like to receive a $100 coupon code towards a purchase at Samsung.com* instead of the Gear VR. You must select your choice no later than Friday, April 8, 2016 at 11:59:59pm ET. If you select to receive the $100 coupon code, you will not receive the Gear VR.
UPDATE GIFT
*$100 Samsung.com code is a one-time use Reward eCertificate valid only for purchases made on Samsung.com 3/23/16 - 7/1/16.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't sound very secure. All you need is an email address for someone waiting on a VR and change them to receive the $100 code.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Somewhat funny, but mostly frustrating story for me. I bought 2 phones. One an S7 Edge, one an S7, on the same date/time and from the same retailer. Submitted 2 separate claims one right after the other using the same receipt, but it had 2 distinctive line items and was very obvious I bought 2 phones. Couple days later received confirmation that the 1st was approved. Next day I get a notification that the 2nd one was denied as it was purchased from a non-participating retailer (which is not true).

I responded to the denial asking how one was approved and the other not knowing they were bought at the same time and place. Received an email back saying it was again bought at a non-participating retailer. Asked the question again and received the same response as if they were not reading my email, no offer to help or explanation of what happened.

Last email I sent asked if they understood English. Haven't heard back since. lol Thought my question was valid and tried to be patient the first couple of exchanges. I'll be contacting Samsung directly instead of Prize Logic.

Meanwhile, I bought an S7 and an S7 Edge, put them on the same claim but technically had two different receipts but for the same order (Verizon put one on each phone). I assumed when it said there would be the opportunity to load another receipt that there would actually be an opportunity to load another receipt so I just loaded one and submitted, only to find there WASN'T an opportunity to load another receipt. So, I tried just making another claim on the phone that the receipt didn't get loaded for and it wouldn't let me because there was already a claim. Checked the status a few days later and despite not having a receipt showing the second phone, both claims had been approved...

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
This sums up my email correspondence I had with them. Except in my follow up email I asked them to actually read my question and not give me a canned response.

They responded, but all they did was copy and paste the terms and conditions.

I completely understand.

Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC/PR res. From 2/23/16 through 3/18/16, purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from a participating retailer and follow the instructions to submit Offer Claim Form and purchase receipt online. Offer valid with device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease, or outright purchase at full retail price. Purchase requirement varies, please check with your Carrier. Starting 2/21/16 at 1:00 AM PT Customers who have pre-ordered a Qualifying Device from a participating retailer may visit the Website and enter their valid e-mail address to receive a reminder e-mail on 3/4/16 once the Offer Redemption Period has begun. Must submit Offer Claim Form and valid purchase receipt online by 4/15/16 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Limit one (1) Offer claim per qualifying purchase. Subject to terms and conditions. Additional restrictions apply. Click here for Offer Terms and Conditions. While supplies last. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Customers purchasing in-store or online from Costco, Sprint, Target, or Best Buy retail locations will be subject to terms and conditions outlined by the respective carrier or retailer for point of sale redemption and are therefore not eligible for redemption on SamsungPromotions.com.

Posted via the Android Central App

TheotherJohn

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Funny thing is the Gear VR is available in their store to ship within 1-3 days.

That's what I ended up doing, but, I bought with my own money just in case I opted for the $100 gift card only to risk getting a fat "Thanks for your purchase, we're back-ordered" when I hit send. But no such issue; VR will be at my door mañana.

I figure I'll just resell the GVR when it comes in four months and get my $100 back.

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Oh my God!!

FEDEX JUST CAME!!

4-6 weeks my ****!!

Woot woot!!

End of day?!?! Already here!!!

Their tracking sucks, but man is their estimated delivery date
SPOT ON!!!!

Everybody hold tight, yours is coming!!!

Attachments

• 408.jpg
    408.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 53

Jared2004

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I know a lot of you are S2 people, but I'm a Gear VR. I have estimated shipping 4-18. Why in the world would people that submitted after me (3-10) be getting theirs already or have a shipping estimate earlier than me. This whole process has been a pain.

Cochise42

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
This is my new status as of today 4-1-2016

Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.
Shipping Date Estimate: Pending

Delivery times for Gear VR are now extending into May and potentially Summer 2016. Click “Update Gift” if you would like to receive a $100 coupon code towards a purchase at Samsung.com* instead of the Gear VR. You must select your choice no later than Friday, April 8, 2016 at 11:59:59pm ET. If you select to receive the $100 coupon code, you will not receive the Gear VR.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Oh my God!!

FEDEX JUST CAME!!

4-6 weeks my ****!!

Woot woot!!

SPOT ON!!!!

OMG me too! But they sent me THREE instead of just one!!! OMG GUYS

s2s omg.jpg

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
The site still shows my s2 order approved and shipping pending; Bur I got an email saying estimated shipping date April 8, 2016

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Oh my God!!

FEDEX JUST CAME!!

4-6 weeks my ****!!

Woot woot!!

SPOT ON!!!!

What does your tracking say?

*** just now seen the attachment dooped was I!

Last edited:

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Just got an update from fedex that I have a delivery tomorrow...... checked tracking and S2 has been picked up and is in transit now from Indianapolis..... delivery date has been changed from 3/31 to 4/2...... supposed to be here by 3pm tomorrow - no signature needed.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Just got an update from fedex that I have a delivery tomorrow...... checked tracking and S2 has been picked up and is in transit now from Indianapolis..... delivery date has been changed from 3/31 to 4/2...... supposed to be here by 3pm tomorrow - no signature needed.

Darn. Still nothing but a label on my tracking info. Fingers crossed for early next week

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Darn. Still nothing but a label on my tracking info. Fingers crossed for early next week

My label is created and its still not showing anything here either. It started the 30th with supposed delivery today by 8pm. I guess I'll just have to wait til next week. Oh well I need to clean, pack and get **** done before I sit down and play with a new toy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad