Samsung promotion status.

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I got two phones. Got both of my netflix codes. One Gear VR says a shipping date of 4/30. The other says it will be a while (possibly summer) and I can get a $100 coupon for a purchase on Samsung (bull****!). Have not got the pre-paid card for the "free" phone yet from tmo, but they will send it soon enough. Samsung can't run a promotion to save their life. How can you produce millions of phones, but not thousands of the headsets you are giving away with the phone? Sorry, this is why Samsung will never best Apple.

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
How far do you normally run?!

Posted via the Android Central App

Between 4 and 7 miles with a long run on the weekends. What about you? My husband and I were training for a 1/2 through the fall and winter, but I'm going to scale it back now if I can. I started low carbs a week ago to drop some weight, so I think I'm going to shift over to HIIT 3x/wk. + lifting for a while. But I won't have to pouch my phone lifting, either! ;)

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Between 4 and 7 miles with a long run on the weekends. What about you? My husband and I were training for a 1/2 through the fall and winter, but I'm going to scale it back now if I can. I started low carbs a week ago to drop some weight, so I think I'm going to shift over to HIIT 3x/wk. + lifting for a while. But I won't have to pouch my phone lifting, either! ;)

The pouch sucks but I hated an arm band. I did Hiit and strength all winter. Started up my half training again. I'm hoping this watch will measure up to my Garmin.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
My S2 status is still pending shipment as well. I was wondering, does Samsung Pay work from the S2? Because that would be even more convenient than pulling out your phone to use it.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
So, like many of you, I have the dreaded "Submission approved/shipping status: Pending" message. I have reached out to the folks handling this through their "Contact Us" link and only received a canned response:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. If your submission has been approved, your estimated shipping date and tracking information may be found by entering your email address in our Submission Status Tool, which may be found here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

Please note that tracking numbers will not be available until packages are actually shipped. If you have received a confirmation of approval email but you do not see an estimated shipping date in the Submission Status Tool, we ask that you please check back after a few days as your estimated shipping date must be calculated. We cannot make any changes to the estimated shipping date, including expediting or holding delivery for any reason.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

I sent them back another email asking for a 'real' reply and have heard nothing. Does anyone have a phone number or some other way to actually contact anyone over there to see if there's any update on when these things (S2 in my case) will be getting shipped out?

Any help would be appreciated.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
So, like many of you, I have the dreaded "Submission approved/shipping status: Pending" message. I have reached out to the folks handling this through their "Contact Us" link and only received a canned response:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. If your submission has been approved, your estimated shipping date and tracking information may be found by entering your email address in our Submission Status Tool, which may be found here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

Please note that tracking numbers will not be available until packages are actually shipped. If you have received a confirmation of approval email but you do not see an estimated shipping date in the Submission Status Tool, we ask that you please check back after a few days as your estimated shipping date must be calculated. We cannot make any changes to the estimated shipping date, including expediting or holding delivery for any reason.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

I sent them back another email asking for a 'real' reply and have heard nothing. Does anyone have a phone number or some other way to actually contact anyone over there to see if there's any update on when these things (S2 in my case) will be getting shipped out?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a date no email and a tracking number. It was supposed to be delivered last Friday and wasn't.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Woo! I didn't think they'd actually respond!

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Attachments

• 2022.jpg
    2022.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 130

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
The pouch sucks but I hated an arm band. I did Hiit and strength all winter. Started up my half training again. I'm hoping this watch will measure up to my Garmin.

True that on the pouch > arm band. The arm band is distracting!

Which Garmin do you use? I have a Forerunner 630 and I'm kind of addicted to the data - vertical oscillation, cadence, training effect, etc. all during the workout. I think I might replace it for steps counted during the day, but during a run, I'm pretty sure I'll just wear both. The data seems somewhat useless really, but it has helped me improve my running, I think. e.g., I notice my vert. oscillation gets higher when I'm labored and if I stop pumping so hard, I can be more efficient and maintain the same pace with less effort.

As an aside, I read this book - Running through the Ages - that was awesome motivation for my longer runs. It's a lot of info presented in an engaging way, but the look at the history of running just made running longer distances seem so natural and doable. Before, I'd always focused on 5 miles and under and the book helped me realize that we're as built to go the distance as we are built to breathe. So it was cool if you're into that sort of thing.

D-Recka23

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
How does the Gear s2 hold up on runs? I'm a runner myself and wanted something new so I went with the Gear s2 for the promo.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
True that on the pouch > arm band. The arm band is distracting!

Which Garmin do you use? I have a Forerunner 630 and I'm kind of addicted to the data - vertical oscillation, cadence, training effect, etc. all during the workout. I think I might replace it for steps counted during the day, but during a run, I'm pretty sure I'll just wear both. The data seems somewhat useless really, but it has helped me improve my running, I think. e.g., I notice my vert. oscillation gets higher when I'm labored and if I stop pumping so hard, I can be more efficient and maintain the same pace with less effort.

As an aside, I read this book - Running through the Ages - that was awesome motivation for my longer runs. It's a lot of info presented in an engaging way, but the look at the history of running just made running longer distances seem so natural and doable. Before, I'd always focused on 5 miles and under and the book helped me realize that we're as built to go the distance as we are built to breathe. So it was cool if you're into that sort of thing.

I have a vivoactive right now. As I'm upping my distance I've been looking into different ones. More specifically the Fenix 3. I use my vivoactive all day activity plus workouts. I can get a full battery with more left over in 8 miles but I don't think it'd make it at a half.

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a vivoactive right now. As I'm upping my distance I've been looking into different ones. More specifically the Fenix 3. I use my vivoactive all day activity plus workouts. I can get a full battery with more left over in 8 miles but I don't think it'd make it at a half.

My husband has the Fenix 3 and it's very cool. The only downside to me is the weight/bulk compared to the Forerunners. DCRainmaker has some great reviews of both. On my FR630, I can go for about 5-6 days without charging. My husband gets about a week and a half.

OK. Sorry for the unrelated chatter.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So, just to clarify, the S2 version we are getting is the 3G version, correct?

I know there's some confusion on this, but earlier posts that indicated it was the 3G version appear to have been some Verizon store goof. Based on the fine print and official value, it is NOT the 3G version. I guess we won't know for sure until they start showing up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674