Samsung promotion status.

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
No, they both have Mics (on the non-3G version, it can still be used with S-Voice) but only the 3G phone has the speaker. Trust me, I've been researching the hell out of this thing for the last 3 weeks! :p

The non-3G version can't be used for phone calls... even via bluetooth... due to the lack of a speaker.

The GPS on the 3G version just gives it extra functionality (you could do turn by turn directions without having a phone on you if you have 3G service or you can use it to track a run without a phone).

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know of a way to completely turn off the 3G feature on the S2? It always shows me a signal strength even though I'm not activated on Verizon. Looks like airplane mode will do it, but it keeps you from replying to a text even though bluetooth is still on.

If we can disable the 3G connection so its not constantly talkingk, we should be able to get better battery life.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know of a way to completely turn off the 3G feature on the S2? It always shows me a signal strength even though I'm not activated on Verizon. Looks like airplane mode will do it, but it keeps you from replying to a text even though bluetooth is still on.

If we can disable the 3G connection so its not constantly talkingk, we should be able to get better battery life.

Settings connections mobile network.

Posted via the Android Central App

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
No, they both have Mics (on the non-3G version, it can still be used with S-Voice) but only the 3G phone has the speaker. Trust me, I've been researching the hell out of this thing for the last 3 weeks!
The non-3G version can't be used for phone calls... even via bluetooth... due to the lack of a speaker.

The GPS on the 3G version just gives it extra functionality (you could do turn by turn directions without having a phone on you if you have 3G service or you can use it to track a run without a phone).
Thanks for the clarification. Learn something new every day.

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
It will work with Textra. You might not be able to initiate a text message from the watch, but you can receive texts on Textra and Mark as Read or Reply

Hmm.. just got a text and nothing on the watch. Did you need to do anything to make it work or did it just work. When I set the watch up the setup said it wouldn't work since I wasn't using the default message app.

Last edited:

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Now I'm confused... What does $8 extra to have a stand alone watch mean? I definitely want to add service to my plan for the watch, but hoping to only pay $5/month for that.

He means your bill goes up by roughly $8 including service+taxes, but for that small price you have a watch that doesn't need to be tethered to a phone via bluetooth.

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.. just got a text and nothing on the watch. Did you need to do anything to make it work or did it just work. When I set the watch up the setup said it wouldn't work since I wasn't using the default message app.

Never mind... Duh. it helps if you turn on the notifications for textra in the gear app.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Just rub it in why don't you...

LOL didn't mean to. I was just flipping through the book but it fits my small wrist lovely! Charging it now so I can take it for a run!!

Attachments

• 453.jpg
    453.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 55