Samsung promotion status.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
That's just what the email that I got said. It said that the location code I provided could not be used to redeem a gear s2 and that they would be sending me a gear vr instead. I of course would prefer the gear s2. Maybe they'll still send the S2. That would be awesome.

I'm in the same boat. I feel like those things are never going to ship lol.

You must have missed the uproar on the internet about those prize logic emails many people got in error saying they didn't qualify for the S2 due to bad location code. I and maybe thousands (?) others called and they said we screwed up, ignore those emails.

Re the BOGO chargers, I got 2 emails so far about being backordered (the regular wireless chargers, not the fast ones even). Samsung's communication sucks on this, no ETA this time, at least before they said 4/1. I think this is a common theme now, when they don't know when it'll ship they say 4/1.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
That's just what the email that I got said. It said that the location code I provided could not be used to redeem a gear s2 and that they would be sending me a gear vr instead. I of course would prefer the gear s2. Maybe they'll still send the S2. That would be awesome.

I'm in the same boat. I feel like those things are never going to ship lol.

Hopefully I'll have packages when I get back from vacation one more s2 plus my chargers

Posted via the Android Central App

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You guys and gals do know you can buy Fast Wireless Chargers on Amazon that are as good (or better in terms of different designs) for about half the price (or less in some cases) of the ones from Samsung making them a better buy than even BOGO at Samsung's price.

I have 6 different ones from 3rd Party manufacturers - all work great - many different styles with different features (1 I use in my car cupholder and drop my phone into the cupholder if I want to charge it). Anyway, I have a YouTube channel where I reviewed them all so people could see the differences if anyone wants to check them out: https://youtu.be/N2oIsMh-1V8

I don't think it's breaking any rules to post a youtube link, right? If so, I suppose a moderator can remove it.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
You guys and gals do know you can buy Fast Wireless Chargers on Amazon that are as good (or better in terms of different designs) for about half the price (or less in some cases) of the ones from Samsung making them a better buy than even BOGO at Samsung's price.

I have 6 different ones from 3rd Party manufacturers - all work great - many different styles with different features (1 I use in my car cupholder and drop my phone into the cupholder if I want to charge it). Anyway, I have a YouTube channel where I reviewed them all so people could see the differences if anyone wants to check them out: https://youtu.be/N2oIsMh-1V8

I don't think it's breaking any rules to post a youtube link, right? If so, I suppose a moderator can remove it.

I did the BOGO plus a few coupons so it was a decent deal.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
In the FedEx manager I see my vr has been given a label but show that it won't ship out until April 27th...what? It appears the label is generated but the product is sitting around until they decide to move it thru the system. I guess time will tell.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I called fedex when the package didn't arrive by end of day. They said someone attempted to leave the box at my home.I don't think they were correct, because usually they leave a note when they will try to redeliver. Not Samsung's fault, but FedEx. Just frustrating going through this whole process.

That's funny they left mine at the door. But I live in a subdivision but out in the country. if they have had an issue of missing packages in your area they might not leave it. But you are correct they should have left a door tag.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
That's funny they left mine at the door. But I live in a subdivision but out in the country. if they have had an issue of missing packages in your area they might not leave it. But you are correct they should have left a door tag.

Mine didn't require a signature.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Mine didn't require a signature.

Thanks well this is good to know, no sig. My subdivision is top notch, no issues. They've never had any issues leaving packages before. The rep was probably blowing smoke. Supposed to be delivered by end of day again today, so we'll see. I almost stayed home from work to make sure I received the item lol.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
It was CRAZY getting my BOGO chargers. FedEx tried delivery to my townhome (in a gated community) and after the first attempt, I called to ask them to hold it because they deliver while we work (during the day. Go figure). They told me they would make 2 more attempts and couldn't hold it until after the 3rd attempt. Crazy, right? Then, we got into an argument when I wanted to pick it up because their solution to the delivery time was to contact the shipper and arrange for a scheduled delivery time, which, if anyone knows anything about that, gets insanely expensive. I told them their process was broken and then hung up the phone.

I do have my chargers now though.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I have my fedex account and UPS account set for them to leave the packages at my back door (which is inside a fence). 95% of the time they do that, but sometimes I think we get a driver who doesn't care and still goes to the front door.

Just the other day our poor UPS driver had to carry some huge boxes all the way to our back door. I felt bad for him.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmmmmm ok so let me understand this...

So how do you take calls on the non-3G if there is no speaker?

I'm comparing to the only other smart watch I have used which was the apple watch. If you do gps on the iPhone it alerts you turn by turn on the apple watch.

Now if only my second one will hurry up and ship along with my BOGO wireless chargers

Wow... I got my chargers a few days back. I thought you would have got them too.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten my chargers yet either. I've gotten 3 back order emails and I ordered the 15th. I emailed them and they said they are getting a new stock the 15th. Smh

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Profit, finally received mine. Now to set up. Only item I am waiting for now is 1 back ordered fast wireless charger from the BOGO deal.

20160407_111114.jpg

Arcticwolf1

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I submitted our gear vr claims in the same day. Both of us got estimated ship dates of 4/1 but no further emails since. Wife just told me that my vr was just delivered but hers wasn't. Hoping hers gets delivered tomorrow.... Been checking ups and FedEx websites for my address and nothing came up so mine must've been sent usps

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got my email with the $100 code, ordered the LEVEL PRO BT headphones to use at the gym. Impatiently bought a GearVR when I got the phone, so I'm a happy camper!

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just received an email from Prizelogic stating my submission has been approved. Thats awesome but I already received my S2 last week!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10