Samsung promotion status.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried this and didn't have any credit. Have you used Samsung pay before or gotten any of the freebies from Samsung pay?

I have Samsung pay since it was launched on the S6 and Note 5, and I've used ALL promotions they have released and even got the $30 gift card offer on each of my 4 S7/S7 edge.

This is a total mystery for me, sure I'm not complaining, just wanted to share this with you just in case you all can get the same.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone gotten this???? I just went to check my status after getting 2 emails saying that my submission was approved and now I get a screen saying that I have no submissions with my email address!? WTF??? Just yesterday and for the last 4 weeks it said my submission was approved and preparing shipment. Is this a good sign??

View attachment 223809

Yes, got this following the email sayjng my submission was approved. Checked website and it tells me there is no submission under that email. Frack!

Posted via the Android Central App

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes, got this following the email sayjng my submission was approved. Checked website and it tells me there is no submission under that email. Frack!

everyone is getting this right now, they are probably just doing an update

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

This is normal when they are updating. Try again tomorrow or later today.

I agree with others that this has been a total failure for Samsung. Most of us that submitted 3/9 or 3/10 have not received a ship date but are now being told it may be May or later this summer. In the meantime those that submitted a week or more later already have their S2. Totally unfair. And as far as I am concerned I will not participate in future Samsung promotions if Prize logic is involved.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
They are probably sending the emails to prevent an influx of calls, but sending out those emails are probably doing exactly that.

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried using the S2 GPS without 3G service? I'm guessing it doesn't work but if it does that would be a nice feature.

The GPS will work without 3G to locate you, but generally speaking DATA is needed to download map information or anything else you'd be using along with GPS unless there is an app that specifically allows you to download some map info to the watch...but guessing probably not since it's a watch with limited memory.

Jared2004

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I submitted 3-10. My shipping label was created last night & is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. FedEx still shows label created. Hoping that it will come but we'll see. I didn't receive the new email but also got error on Samsung site.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
They are probably sending the emails to prevent an influx of calls, but sending out those emails are probably doing exactly that.

So is having "I am sorry you have no submission associated with this email." as the go to message when you're updating your server... Perhaps a "Sorry, promotion statuses are currently unavailable. Please try again later." would be better... lol

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I got the same email everyone else is getting. And like others, when I go to the promotion site it now says there's no record of a submission with my email address. They certainly are doing a horrible job handling this. I checked my FedEx manager and do not show anything there yet.

I don't mind waiting the originally stated 4-6 weeks, but when I pre-ordered my phone the first weekend they went on sale and received and submitted for the promo even before the official launch date, I do expect to have it by that 6th week. It's bad enough that many people who submitted after me already have their S2 and mine hasn't even been shipped. If I don't get it by that 6th week, I'll start calling Verizon like crazy and bugging them - of course they'll say it's a Samsung thing, but since Verizon sold me the phone with the promo, they'll be getting the calls. If they get enough calls, their higher ups will start contacting Samsung's higher ups to get things taken care of.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So is having "I am sorry you have no submission associated with this email." as the go to message when you're updating your server... Perhaps a "Sorry, promotion statuses are currently unavailable. Please try again later." would be better... lol

Now you're just asking for too much ;)

Miles Kennefick

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
The GPS will work without 3G to locate you, but generally speaking DATA is needed to download map information or anything else you'd be using along with GPS unless there is an app that specifically allows you to download some map info to the watch...but guessing probably not since it's a watch with limited memory.

Thanks, that makes sense. I agree about map data, but I was more thinking along the lines of the running app. I use my phone to track workouts but if the watch could do so without the benefit of the phone GPS this could be handy. My original plan was to sell the watch and try to upgrade to an S2 Classic, but now that people are getting the 3G version I may have to reconsider.

dmits

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I got the same email and also on the website saying no submission under my email

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
so today I decided to see what happened when placing directly with Samsung.com and to use the $100 promo code they just sent me instead of the VR offer, for my surprise once I added the item to the cart it showed me a $100 Samsung pay activation credit.

I'm confused - is this a $100 promo you got towards to buy a VR as part of purchasing the S7 or a promo you got for using Samsung Pay. I don't recall any Samsung Pay promo with a $100 anything...

Anyway, just for fun I tried adding a few things to my cart over $100 total and when I went to checkout, nothing. I did get a $30 Best Buy gift card for activating and using Samsung Pay, but to my knowledge that was the extent of that.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it may be a long wait for the S2 based on this email I got today.

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Please note that due to the high level of interest in the
Verizon Offer promotion, delivery times for Gear S2 are now extending into
May and potentially Summer 2016.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it may be a long wait for the S2 based on this email I got today.

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Please note that due to the high level of interest in the
Verizon Offer promotion, delivery times for Gear S2 are now extending into
May and potentially Summer 2016.

Just got the same one myself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz