Samsung promotion status.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You must have missed the uproar on the internet about those prize logic emails many people got in error saying they didn't qualify for the S2 due to bad location code. I and maybe thousands (?) others called and they said we screwed up, ignore those emails.

Re the BOGO chargers, I got 2 emails so far about being backordered (the regular wireless chargers, not the fast ones even). Samsung's communication sucks on this, no ETA this time, at least before they said 4/1. I think this is a common theme now, when they don't know when it'll ship they say 4/1.
Ah ok cool. Well it's giving me a ship date of 4/18 for the other one. Maybe I'll keep one and sell the other. Not sure yet.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting the VR. I received the email 2 weeks ago with the Netflix code and estimated delivery date of 4/30/16. I spotted on my FedEx manager a package that a label is created for showing ship date April 27. Hmmm why not slap that label on the box and send it on its was? Why hold onto it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1570.jpg
    1570.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 50

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the same email everyone else is getting. And like others, when I go to the promotion site it now says there's no record of a submission with my email address. They certainly are doing a horrible job handling this. I checked my FedEx manager and do not show anything there yet.

I don't mind waiting the originally stated 4-6 weeks, but when I pre-ordered my phone the first weekend they went on sale and received and submitted for the promo even before the official launch date, I do expect to have it by that 6th week. It's bad enough that many people who submitted after me already have their S2 and mine hasn't even been shipped. If I don't get it by that 6th week, I'll start calling Verizon like crazy and bugging them - of course they'll say it's a Samsung thing, but since Verizon sold me the phone with the promo, they'll be getting the calls. If they get enough calls, their higher ups will start contacting Samsung's higher ups to get things taken care of.

How do you check on FedEx manager without a tracking number. Just signed up but don't see an option. Thanks

rbiowa

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Got the same email yesterday including the unrecognized submission when I checked. Tried again this morning and it worked, but order is still pending.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
It just amazes me that Samsung customers knew there would be a huge demand for the Gear S2 promotion yet Samsung was surprised by the huge demand. That is why so many of us were so quick to submit our claims within minutes of receiving the phone. Yet Samsung and Prolizelogic were not able to figure it out. All they had to do was look at the number of pre-orders for the phones.
Since it was advertised with a limited supply, I would think that submissions would be processed in the order received. I submitted on 3/9 and still have ship date pending. It has been in this status for almost 4 weeks now. Yet those that submitted a claim as late as 3/31 already have their watch.

Samsung you have succeeded in creating 10s of thousands of very angry customers. Congradulations.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I got an email from FedEx this morning and got all excited - only to open it up and be reminded it's my dog food order from chewy.com. :-\
I have some mystery package coming from a promotional company in Kansas... It's followed the same trend as everyone's S2s (label created about the same time then sat there for a week before finally getting shipped) so we'll find out what it is on Tuesday when it's scheduled to get here. It's a different size package than what I've been seeing so we'll see if I'm disappointed or ecstatic when it gets here. lol.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
It just amazes me that Samsung customers knew there would be a huge demand for the Gear S2 promotion yet Samsung was surprised by the huge demand. That is why so many of us were so quick to submit our claims within minutes of receiving the phone. Yet Samsung and Prolizelogic were not able to figure it out. All they had to do was look at the number of pre-orders for the phones.
Since it was advertised with a limited supply, I would think that submissions would be processed in the order received. I submitted on 3/9 and still have ship date pending. It has been in this status for almost 4 weeks now. Yet those that submitted a claim as late as 3/31 already have their watch.

Samsung you have succeeded in creating 10s of thousands of very angry customers. Congradulations.

Wasn't the S2 only available to Verizon customers and not Samsung customers as a whole? I didn't see any other promos for the S2 besides the Verizon one.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm really starting to wish I went with a two year contract. At least I'd be off a payment plan, without a S2. They suckered me in and bagged and tagged me.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I have some mystery package coming from a promotional company in Kansas... It's followed the same trend as everyone's S2s (label created about the same time then sat there for a week before finally getting shipped) so we'll find out what it is on Tuesday when it's scheduled to get here. It's a different size package than what I've been seeing so we'll see if I'm disappointed or ecstatic when it gets here. lol.

Mine came out of Indiana. BRIGHTPOINT was the name

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Mine came out of Indiana. BRIGHTPOINT was the name

Whatever it is I'm getting, it's coming from Harte-Hanks. I called them and they said they had no idea what it was bc they have 100 different clients they send things out for. Just going to have to wait and see. I don't have an email from Samsung saying it shipped, but then again I never got an email from them since the beginning...

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Whatever it is I'm getting, it's coming from Harte-Hanks. I called them and they said they had no idea what it was bc they have 100 different clients they send things out for. Just going to have to wait and see. I don't have an email from Samsung saying it shipped, but then again I never got an email from them since the beginning...

Mine was 2.5#

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77