Samsung promotion status.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My status changed today from ship date pending to congratulations, your gift has been processed and in route. However, it did not give any tracking numbers and I haven't received any emails. To those who have received their watches, what does this likely mean? On its way already? Expect it soon?

Miles Kennefick

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
It kind of seems like everyone got that status change today. Did anyone NOT get it?

If that's the case (everyone) the pessimist in me says this doesn't actually mean anything.

slacker74

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
If they are sending out the 3g version, can it just be used with Bluetooth? I don't really want to pay another $5 a month and have a different number for the watch.

Posted via the Android Central App

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been using it as bluetooth/WiFi only for the week I have had mine. You are not required to activate the 3G. For $5 a month, I may activate it in the future... Just need to get a feel for how useful that would be.

For now I don't like the idea of having the new number attached to it. I hear AT&T has an app that let's the S2 clone your current number - maybe Verizon will add a similar feature? That might push me over the edge and get Verizon some extra cash flow!

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My status just changed today! No tracking number but it's in route! BTW I am getting the S2.

Attachments

• 825.jpg
    825.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 82

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If they are sending out the 3g version, can it just be used with Bluetooth? I don't really want to pay another $5 a month and have a different number for the watch.

They told me at Verizon that you can use it without the per month fee. I plan to sign up for the plan because I am psyched I don't need my phone for my runs and hikes anymore. I can't see how they can prevent it from functioning without using 3g but... Who knows?

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Submitted mine on 3/9. My status finally changed to "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route" after three weeks of showing approved and pending shipment. No tracking info though. For those that received their watch is it shipping ground, 2-day or overnight?

My status also changed to this, but no FedEx DM Status.

Submitted on 3/16 for S2
web status changed to "Approved" on 3/18
Got approval email on 4/7
web status changed to "in route" on 4/13

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Delivery for my S2 is set for Friday. Already enroute. Still don't know why I'm getting it. I technically did not qualify for the S2 with Verizon. According to the Verizon rules, I had to get it on their Edge or payment plan program. I paid full price and then went to the Samsung site to apply for it the free S2. Not complaining.

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Delivery for my S2 is set for Friday. Already enroute. Still don't know why I'm getting it. I technically did not qualify for the S2 with Verizon. According to the Verizon rules, I had to get it on their Edge or payment plan program. I paid full price and then went to the Samsung site to apply for it the free S2. Not complaining.

When I bought my S7 on 3/13 the rule for the S2 said you had to have payment plan and buy from vzw.com, so that is what I did, but now the rules changed on 3/19 to 2 year contract, payment plan or buy full price from vzw.com.

Miles Kennefick

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Latest and greatest on the Prizelogic check status page:

f28fabfb6c48934e484aad865d6fe06d.jpg

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
When I bought my S7 on 3/13 the rule for the S2 said you had to have payment plan and buy from vzw.com, so that is what I did, but now the rules changed on 3/19 to 2 year contract, payment plan or buy full price from vzw.com.

Which sucks for me because I would of rather of done the two years and not monthly

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Which sucks for me because I would of rather of done the two years and not monthly

Same. I lost my two year plan because of this BS. I haven't had a word from PrizeLogic. This was a goat rope.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

jyarbrough20

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
It didn't ever matter what plan you were on if you read the terms of the promotion...I preordered mine on the 2 year plan....was tired of paying monthly for my s6...

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Fine print that I read when I pre-ordered was quite clear... it said all options of purchase were eligible for the S2.... buy it, lease it, rent it, steal it... Not sure why anyone felt it was different than Samsung spelled out in their fine print.

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Fine print that I read when I pre-ordered was quite clear... it said all options of purchase were eligible for the S2.... buy it, lease it, rent it, steal it... Not sure why anyone felt it was different than Samsung spelled out in their fine print.

I think it was the Verizon advertisement about the promotion mentioning the payment plan and the way they worded it made it sound like you needed to purchase with payment plan.

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine is finally shipped... seeing the tracking on fedex delivery manager and the prizelogic site.
Submitted day after release..

Cant wait! I've actually been wearing a smartwatch since the Gear 1. I sold my Apple Watch when I got rid of my iphone and I've been missing a smartwatch for awhile now.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have been using it as bluetooth/WiFi only for the week I have had mine. You are not required to activate the 3G. For $5 a month, I may activate it in the future... Just need to get a feel for how useful that would be.

For now I don't like the idea of having the new number attached to it. I hear AT&T has an app that let's the S2 clone your current number - maybe Verizon will add a similar feature? That might push me over the edge and get Verizon some extra cash flow!

They told me at Verizon that you can use it without the per month fee. I plan to sign up for the plan because I am psyched I don't need my phone for my runs and hikes anymore. I can't see how they can prevent it from functioning without using 3g but... Who knows?

You can use the watch as 3g bluetooth only. I tried it for a few days. Everything worked great. But I noticed that I wasn't getting the initial Verizon update that came with the watch. I added the 3g option and received the update with more watch face options, unread notifications, and a few extras. Bottom line: You can use the watch as bluetooth only but you won't receive any updates unless you are connected to 3g.