Samsung promotion status.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I am going through the same issues!.What is interested, I did receive a notice from Samsung to remind me to download games package when I receive the device!.... Check your emails in all boxes. This is just odd!..

Posted via the Android Central App

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Think this has gone beyond nuts now haha.

Trying to be good natured about it, and trying not to be entitled but I'm really failing, aren't I?

I'm having buyers remorse I believe.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Looking at the selling history, it looks like the first ones were sold for that cheap to start...so whoever got their watch first screwed us all. That's all I'm complaining about. I realize I'm not going to be getting $350 for it, but it should easily fetch $200+.

So I'm scum because I have no use for a Smartwatch that was given to me for a phone that was going to preorder regardless of the promo? Wow, that's pretty harsh criticism there...Make sure you never buy anything on ebay or Swappa then, otherwise you're a hypocrite for buying into such a scummy practice...

Trust me, I never buy things from any of those places. And if you have no use for it, you don't have to redeem the promo. It's not like it made any difference in the price of the phone or anything. People like you are part of the reason others who actually want the watch are having trouble.

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
24 free GB of data every year for life

Posted via the Android Central App

So you were on a 6 GB plan and got 2 GB for adding the watch with the deal mentioned in that link you sent? That is pretty cool then because it says you must be on the XL or higher plan and tablets and connected devices are not eligible. Did you have to talk to someone to get that or was it automatic?

Here is what it says from the details of that offer:
(However, tablets and connected devices are not eligible to receive the 2 GB monthly bonus data when upgrading or activating.) You can add up to 10 lines per account. To receive the bonus data for life, your smartphone must remain active on the XL or higher Verizon Plan.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Trust me, I never buy things from any of those places. And if you have no use for it, you don't have to redeem the promo. It's not like it made any difference in the price of the phone or anything. People like you are part of the reason others who actually want the watch are having trouble.

If you were approved for the watch, you should receive it sometime soon. The frustration is understandable when you really want the watch and you see others receiving that don't want it. But expecting someone not to submit a rebate for something they don't want/need isn't reasonable. They are entitled to the free 'gift' as much as anyone else. What they do with it is their prerogative.

This is coming from someone who isn't reselling their watches. Not right away at least. I've been wearing mine for a couple weeks now.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
If you were approved for the watch, you should receive it sometime soon. The frustration is understandable when you really want the watch and you see others receiving that don't want it. But expecting someone not to submit a rebate for something they don't want/need isn't reasonable. They are entitled to the free 'gift' as much as anyone else. What they do with it is their prerogative.

This is coming from someone who isn't reselling their watches. Not right away at least. I've been wearing mine for a couple weeks now.

And when you're done with it you'll promptly send it to your good friend in Montana.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
And when you're done with it you'll promptly send it to your good friend in Montana.

LOL. You probably won't want it after I'm done with it. It will probably look like someone skated across the street on it.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

How on earth am I the reason you haven't gotten your watch yet? Blame Samsung/Prizelogic for their terrible promo distribution system, not me because I want to sell mine - I have 0 impact on the fact that you don't have your watch yet.

And what person in their right mind wouldn't accept a free, valuable promo? Are you really that daft to believe that people are not going to take advantage of something that's been given to them? You need a wake up call bud.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
How on earth am I the reason you haven't gotten your watch yet? Blame Samsung/Prizelogic for their terrible promo distribution system, not me because I want to sell mine - I have 0 impact on the fact that you don't have your watch yet.

And what person in their right mind wouldn't accept a free, valuable promo? Are you really that daft to believe that people are not going to take advantage of something that's been given to them? You need a wake up call bud.

I'm not daft, and I'm also not greedy like you. If I didn't want to actually use the watch, I probably wouldn't have taken advantage of the offer. It is optional after all. That way someone else who really wants it can get it. And I certainly wouldn't try to make them pay for one.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not daft, and I'm also not greedy like you. If I didn't want to actually use the watch, I probably wouldn't have taken advantage of the offer. It is optional after all. That way someone else who really wants it can get it. And I certainly wouldn't try to make them pay for one.

Greed:
1. excessively or inordinately desirous of wealth, profit, etc.; avaricious:

Not sure how me accepting a free promo that Samsung was giving to anyone who preordered the phone from Verizon makes me greedy...if that's the case, they're your greedy too. I just have a different use for my free gift than you do.

And as I said before, I'm not the reason you don't have your watch, Samsung/Prizelogic is. Stop taking your frustration out on someone who was legitimately entitled to a free gift with purchase. It's not like I have 20 of them lying around, I have my 1 and that's it.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I wonder what would have happened if verizon/samsung offered a second choice to the S2 - a cash rebate, maybe something like $200. So people who didn't need the watch and just wanted cash would be happy, and those who wanted the watch would more likely get the watch. Pick some price that balances the headache of waiting for the watch to arrive and putting it on ebay. Unless the whole point of the watch giveaway was they were hoping people would subscribe to the monthly data fee to recover their cost.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I wonder what would have happened if verizon/samsung offered a second choice to the S2 - a cash rebate, maybe something like $200. So people who didn't need the watch and just wanted cash would be happy, and those who wanted the watch would more likely get the watch. Pick some price that balances the headache of waiting for the watch to arrive and putting it on ebay. Unless the whole point of the watch giveaway was they were hoping people would subscribe to the monthly data fee to recover their cost.

I've been on the phone with Big Red and Prize Logic for days now. They won't be moved.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

My guess is that it's a mix between that and the app sales - since the S2 doesn't run Android Wear, Samsung really needs a huge buy in from people to really get app developers to make both Android Wear and Tizen versions of their watch apps for it to take off.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Greed:
1. excessively or inordinately desirous of wealth, profit, etc.; avaricious:

Not sure how me accepting a free promo that Samsung was giving to anyone who preordered the phone from Verizon makes me greedy...if that's the case, they're your greedy too. I just have a different use for my free gift than you do.

And as I said before, I'm not the reason you don't have your watch, Samsung/Prizelogic is. Stop taking your frustration out on someone who was legitimately entitled to a free gift with purchase. It's not like I have 20 of them lying around, I have my 1 and that's it.

You were complaining earlier about the ebay price of the watch dropping. That sounds "excessively desirous of wealth" to me. And I'm not greedy for keeping a gift from a promo. And I also didn't have to preorder the phone to get it. I ordered on 3/17 and got the phone the next day, then submitted the claim.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You were complaining earlier about the ebay price of the watch dropping. That sounds "excessively desirous of wealth" to me. And I'm not greedy for keeping a gift from a promo. And I also didn't have to preorder the phone to get it. I ordered on 3/17 and got the phone the next day, then submitted the claim.

You're complaining that you haven't gotten your watch, but you purchased your phone the day before the promo ended? I just got my watch, and I preordered my phone in February.

As for the secondary market, I'm merely pointing out that people are underpricing a good respective to it's true market value, and devaluing the market for everyone else. Amazon sells the non 3G version for $250 - this watch should easily fetch $200 based on selling conditions. Me wanting to get a true market value for the watch isn't greed, it's sensible - if anything, the initial sellers were selfish in trying to get rid of their watches as fast as possible. If I wanted $400 for the watch, that's called greed. The whole situations is akin to a situation like if you lived in a condo community. Your unit is worth $200k, but your neighbor sells his unit for $150k just to get out asap. He's now effectively devalued the whole community for his own selfishness.

rahul79

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
So to add, response from PL as below:

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry, your gift submission has been received. A tracking number has not been issued. Your gift is being processed.

In order to check the status of your submission for the Samsung Gear VR Offer, please use our Submission Status Tool here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus .

If your receipt submission has been rejected, the Submission Status Tool will also provide an explanation and allow you to resubmit.

If you have just completed registration for this Offer, please allow up to 24 hours for your status to show up. If you have completed registration and your status is still not showing up, this is likely because your receipt image was not uploaded successfully-- please follow the below steps in order to ensure that your submission is complete.

-visit https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/

-Select your retailer from the drop down menu, and enter the email address which you used to register when prompted

-You will then be prompted to submit information that is missing from your submission. This may include your receipt image, device IMEI and MAC address, and your purchase date.

Every submission that we receive is manually reviewed by our team in order to verify eligibility to participate in this Offer. Pending submissions will be reviewed as expediently as possible, and status updates will also be sent to you by email. If your submission is rejected because of an issue with your receipt, you will be sent an email with instructions to resubmit. If you cannot locate this email, please be sure to check your spam or junk mail folders as it will be automatically generated and may be filtered out of your inbox for that reason. We strongly recommend that you add noreply@prizelogic.com to your email contacts in order to ensure that you receive all emails sent to you for this Offer.

More information about this promotion may also be found in the Official Terms and Conditions here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/en-us/Rules

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

Checked status and still says the same. Oh well, i guess I will keep waiting patiently again.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You're complaining that you haven't gotten your watch, but you purchased your phone the day before the promo ended? I just got my watch, and I preordered my phone in February.

As for the secondary market, I'm merely pointing out that people are underpricing a good respective to it's true market value, and devaluing the market for everyone else. Amazon sells the non 3G version for $250 - this watch should easily fetch $200 based on selling conditions. Me wanting to get a true market value for the watch isn't greed, it's sensible - if anything, the initial sellers were selfish in trying to get rid of their watches as fast as possible. If I wanted $400 for the watch, that's called greed. The whole situations is akin to a situation like if you lived in a condo community. Your unit is worth $200k, but your neighbor sells his unit for $150k just to get out asap. He's now effectively devalued the whole community for his own selfishness.
Arguing with him is futile. He clearly doesn't get it and is just mad that he hasn't gotten his yet. I personally originally wanted a gear s2 but after looking at what it did vs what android wear could do I decided to go with an android wear watch. So I bought a LG Watch Urbane 2nd edition LTE and I'm selling my gear S2s to cover the cost. I wanted the promo, just not what they offered. I believe that's reasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49