Samsung promotion status.

Miles Kennefick

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Good. Resellers are scum anyway. Hopefully any people that have multiple watches on order for that purpose will now cancel them so others who just want their watches will get them faster.
You are being ridiculous and childish. Your free toy isn't here yet (still inside the 6-8 week window you were told to expect) so you're choosing to lash out at a stranger on the Internet who has nothing to do with it.

I am excited to get my watch too, but I'm getting a little worn out on all the posters making crazy remarks about how terrible this ordeal is. If you bought the phone for no reason other than the free watch then you made a stupid choice.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
My second submission updated! Label created Wednesday and shipped today. Due for delivery tomorrow. Having fedex hold delivery since we'll be in Florida for the next week.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
My second submission updated! Label created Wednesday and shipped today. Due for delivery tomorrow. Having fedex hold delivery since we'll be in Florida for the next week.

Mine says it's shipping April 1st. Poor FedEx guy must have gotten lost.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if I'm getting the watch for my second one. Everyone said those emails were errors but this one only weighs 1.4 lbs. My first watch said 2.5 lbs

Josh Crouch

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I received an email that the Gear watch had shipped with the tracking number yesterday. When I got home from work there was a package at my door. Lo and behold the Gear watch had arrived....yesterday! Glad its here. For those still waiting just hang in there. Apparently, Samsung is slow to let you know they have sent the item so it will just show up without prior notice....

shrlckhms

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
When I tried to activate it online and over the phone I had some troubles with it, I also needed to go to the Verizon store because I had to ask about the protection plan for my new S7 edge, that had dropped and cracked the screen, only had it a little over a week, first phone that I have ever done that too. I needed to get a better case. The one I have sucks!

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Funny how no one's packages or status changes on the weekends, so this thread dies every weekend. Haha

Haha I've noticed that a few weekends ago. It sucks cause I work every other weekend and it's slow on weekends so I wish this was more active. Lol. It's usually most active right after PL does a status change. Lol

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what would have happened if verizon/samsung offered a second choice to the S2 - a cash rebate, maybe something like $200. So people who didn't need the watch and just wanted cash would be happy, and those who wanted the watch would more likely get the watch. Pick some price that balances the headache of waiting for the watch to arrive and putting it on ebay. Unless the whole point of the watch giveaway was they were hoping people would subscribe to the monthly data fee to recover their cost.

I highly doubt that watch cost Verizon $200. Probably at most, $125 to $150. And the cost of production of those watches was probably no more than $75 for Samsung. Why would they want to give you more than what it cost them? They would be losing money doing that.

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt that watch cost Verizon $200. Probably at most, $125 to $150. And the cost of production of those watches was probably no more than $75 for Samsung. Why would they want to give you more than what it cost them? They would be losing money doing that.

Agreed. You buy an S7 and they give you the watch, and they are still making money and Samsung has another device out there with Tizen on it. And Verizon might get another $5 a month if you activate the watch. It's a win for us, Verizon and Samsung. If they gave us $200 then it is a win only for us.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Arguing with him is futile. He clearly doesn't get it and is just mad that he hasn't gotten his yet. I personally originally wanted a gear s2 but after looking at what it did vs what android wear could do I decided to go with an android wear watch. So I bought a LG Watch Urbane 2nd edition LTE and I'm selling my gear S2s to cover the cost. I wanted the promo, just not what they offered. I believe that's reasonable.

Actually I'm not mad at all. I don't even care if the watch never comes. I got the phone because I actually wanted it, not because I was bribed. I didn't even know about the promotion until after I purchased the phone.

People are just acting entitled and whiny for an item they are getting for free. And if they just want to flip it, that's even less of a reason to complain. If the promo is the only reason people bought the phone, maybe they shouldn't have gotten it at all.