Samsung promotion status.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Actually I'm not mad at all. I don't even care if the watch never comes. I got the phone because I actually wanted it, not because I was bribed. I didn't even know about the promotion until after I purchased the phone.

People are just acting entitled and whiny for an item they are getting for free. And if they just want to flip it, that's even less of a reason to complain. If the promo is the only reason people bought the phone, maybe they shouldn't have gotten it at all.
Good for you?
075e861c74431031bfc6863095c52bc6.jpg

If people bought the phone bc they wanted the watch too then so be it... Who cares why they bought the phone? We bought ours bc a phone with a free watch was a hell of a deal and we had just finished the payments on our previous phones. Being frustrated that the product isn't being delivered as it was initially advertised isn't being whiney.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
If they wanted the watch, they should have just bought one instead of the phone. It would be less than half the price of the phone and they'd have it by now. And it sound whiney to me because the product you actually paid for, the phone itself was delivered as advertised. At least mine was.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
My Wife called me at work last Thursday to tell me the watch came. No email or shipping notification. I checked the website and it still said pending. later that night I got an email saying the watch shipped.

tOSU

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I had two promos for the S2 watch--one submitted on March 17 and the other on the 24th. They both shipped and have been delivered as of a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't put much stock in the Prize Logic status updates--both of mine still read 'Pending', but I have them :D

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I had two promos for the S2 watch--one submitted on March 17 and the other on the 24th. They both shipped and have been delivered as of a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't put much stock in the Prize Logic status updates--both of mine still read 'Pending', but I have them :D

This. This is why I'm officially giving up on receipt of this promotion. I'll enjoy the phone and my new iPad Pro and move on now.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

slacker74

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I just went through old emails and realized my submission wasn't approved until 4/9. That's less than 3 weeks. My wait is longer than I previously thought 😐

Posted via the Android Central App

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
At last. My Wife's Gear S2 3G arrived. Only took 6 weeks and 2 days to get here. Submitted claim 03/09 and it arrived 04/22. Looks good and she likes it. And as I feared the band does not fit my wrist. Glad I got the Classic and a XL band from Amazon. Both look great and she is looking forward to the adapter so she use standard watch bands.

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I just went through old emails and realized my submission wasn't approved until 4/9. That's less than 3 weeks. My wait is longer than I previously thought 😐

My approval emails were 4/7, but pl told me I was approved 3/10 and 3/23, within 24 hours of submission

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If they wanted the watch, they should have just bought one instead of the phone. It would be less than half the price of the phone and they'd have it by now. And it sound whiney to me because the product you actually paid for, the phone itself was delivered as advertised. At least mine was.

It's about doing what you say you are going to do. It doesn't matter what the reason was for someone buying an s7. If they were told they would get a free watch, they should get a free watch. End of story

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well despite people saying that the emails saying you were getting a VR rather than a gear s2, I got a vr. Looks like the Comcast deal wasn't able to get a gear vr. I'm fine with getting one, but just a warning to other people.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I finally got a response from Prize Logic saying I am under review. I submitted the email about a week ago which is the only reason I'm returning to this post to say anything. Oh well.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Eddie Gamboa

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Ok... heres where im at...
Submitted for Gear S2 on March 9th. I had called in once and emailed once to confirm again. They said yes... i was approved for the Gear S2.
Guess what came in the mail today?
....Gear VR.
Called Prizelogic... they said their hands were tied. All the S2s had been claimed so according to their rules and regs they had every right to send me the VR instead.
...bullsh*t.
According to their rules and regs the S2s were going on a first come first serve basis. I was pretty much one of the first in line with my March 9th submission.
So I called Verizon Wireless. They were no help. Said the promo was being handled by Samsung. Called Samsung...they were no help either. Said the promo was being handled by Prizelogic. So They Fwd'd my call to Prizelogic and said they would speak on my behalf.
...cowards.
They hung up and left me alone to fend for myself against Prizelogic again. Im thinking "oh great." 30 mins of wait time later... I plead my case again and the operator places me on hold for her supervisor. 15 mins later I make contact with Lauren. She explained to me something about Samsung doing an audit on the location codes and some submission for the S2 were accidently converted to the VR instead.
Sooo... she acknowledged I was not at fault. Samsung was. She informed me I was to keep the VR ($99 value) and to call back on Friday morning because they were going to have an $200 ecode for me to spend at the Samsung Store to compensate for the loss.
So there it is... if you were sent a VR instead of the S2... call prize logic and ask to speak to a supervisor (mine was Lauren). Theyll prepare a $200 ecode to spend at Samsung (which ill most likely put towards the Gear S2 classic).
Boom.

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok... heres where im at...
Submitted for Gear S2 on March 9th. I had called in once and emailed once to confirm again. They said yes... i was approved for the Gear S2.
Guess what came in the mail today?
....Gear VR.
Called Prizelogic... they said their hands were tied. All the S2s had been claimed so according to their rules and regs they had every right to send me the VR instead.
...bullsh*t.
According to their rules and regs the S2s were going on a first come first serve basis. I was pretty much one of the first in line with my March 9th submission.
So I called Verizon Wireless. They were no help. Said the promo was being handled by Samsung. Called Samsung...they were no help either. Said the promo was being handled by Prizelogic. So They Fwd'd my call to Prizelogic and said they would speak on my behalf.
...cowards.
They hung up and left me alone to fend for myself against Prizelogic again. Im thinking "oh great." 30 mins of wait time later... I plead my case again and the operator places me on hold for her supervisor. 15 mins later I make contact with Lauren. She explained to me something about Samsung doing an audit on the location codes and some submission for the S2 were accidently converted to the VR instead.
Sooo... she acknowledged I was not at fault. Samsung was. She informed me I was to keep the VR ($99 value) and to call back on Friday morning because they were going to have an $200 ecode for me to spend at the Samsung Store to compensate for the loss.
So there it is... if you were sent a VR instead of the S2... call prize logic and ask to speak to a supervisor (mine was Lauren). Theyll prepare a $200 ecode to spend at Samsung (which ill most likely put towards the Gear S2 classic).
Boom.

So... are they out of watches or not? Seems like everyone is getting a different story

tOSU

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
So... are they out of watches or not? Seems like everyone is getting a different story

The Verizon forums are full of people that are pretty irate--they've started receiving the VR's in lieu of the S2. This promo has been a cluster from the start. I honestly do not know how a company like Prize Logic was selected to run Samsung promos--it seems like they're running out of a basement. I also don't understand (outside of Samsung not taking any real loss) the disparity between an MSRP $349 promo item and $150--and even further with the $100 Samsung credit. Not a lot of planning here--and I think it's going to go down as a huge failure if people actually start jumping ship from their providers due to a promo item.

Sagellih

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Submitted mine on 3/17 and just got my s2 watch today. Still have one more coming to me. Hopefully have that one in the next couple of days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis