Samsung promotion status.

rave264

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
guessing they purchased in store from what was said, so yet another person trying to "work" the system and posting about how mad they are that they haven't received their watch yet..... more and more the truth comes out, just being a squeaky wheel until they get what they want, hope all of you that did do what you were supposed to get your watches, but I'm sure there are 1000's of people trying to take advantage of the system making your stuff just take longer..

Please do ask before making assumptions.....i am not trying to 'work' the system. I preordered in the store after the verizon agent told me that his manager changed it in the system to look like it was ordered online. My submission was approved and has been approved since 3/11; so that's not the problem.

I finally called verizon to figure out if PL was correct; they told me they had no idea what they were talking about. Verizon shows in their system that i do qualify for the watch. The lady i spoke to is going to call PL and Samsung and figure out what's going on; and then get back to me. We'll see......

rave264

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Amazingly, their facebook page is more responsive.....

I replied to them what i'm hearing from verizon and within 10 mins, here's what they said - "To provide further information pertaining to this, the location code found on your receipt is the information we cross reference when confirming your eligibility for the Gear S2 watch offer. We reference the location code with eligible codes provided by the Verizon team that manages this promotion. Again we do want to apologize for the delay as we continue to investigate this, but want to confirm we will follow up with you directly when we receive the update."

PL told me i'll receive an update by the end of the week. Hopefully, between the verizon customer service that's looking into it and PL, i'll get a definite response this week......meh...doubtful...

rave264

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
And i'm actually curious for those who got their watches... what was your location code? Because it looks like that's what delaying mine.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Please do ask before making assumptions.....i am not trying to 'work' the system. I preordered in the store after the verizon agent told me that his manager changed it in the system to look like it was ordered online. My submission was approved and has been approved since 3/11; so that's not the problem.

I finally called verizon to figure out if PL was correct; they told me they had no idea what they were talking about. Verizon shows in their system that i do qualify for the watch. The lady i spoke to is going to call PL and Samsung and figure out what's going on; and then get back to me. We'll see......

so i assumed you ordered in store and you did....???? sorry for the assumption, and ordering it in store and manipulating something to make it look like you ordered online is the very definition of working the system

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
so i assumed you ordered in store and you did....???? sorry for the assumption, and ordering it in store and manipulating something to make it look like you ordered online is the very definition of working the system

and they reason your location code is delaying yours is because it shows you ordered IN STORE so you are not eligible for the s2

rave264

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
and they reason your location code is delaying yours is because it shows you ordered IN STORE so you are not eligible for the s2

"I preordered in the store after the verizon agent told me that his manager changed it in the system to look like it was ordered online. My submission was approved and has been approved since 3/11; so that's not the problem."

That was what i said. You are making an assumption that I purposefully ordered in the store and now i'm trying to 'work' the system. Not true. I told the in-store rep that i'll preoder online; he was the one who said 'Wait, Let me talk to my manager and see if we can do that for you instead and you will still get the watch'.

As stated before, please don't make assumptions....

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
"I preordered in the store after the verizon agent told me that his manager changed it in the system to look like it was ordered online. My submission was approved and has been approved since 3/11; so that's not the problem."

That was what i said. You are making an assumption that I purposefully ordered in the store and now i'm trying to 'work' the system. Not true. I told the in-store rep that i'll preoder online; he was the one who said 'Wait, Let me talk to my manager and see if we can do that for you instead and you will still get the watch'.

As stated before, please don't make assumptions....

so you ordered in store? got it... best of luck

Last edited:

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Amazingly, their facebook page is more responsive.....

I replied to them what i'm hearing from verizon and within 10 mins, here's what they said - "To provide further information pertaining to this, the location code found on your receipt is the information we cross reference when confirming your eligibility for the Gear S2 watch offer. We reference the location code with eligible codes provided by the Verizon team that manages this promotion. Again we do want to apologize for the delay as we continue to investigate this, but want to confirm we will follow up with you directly when we receive the update."

PL told me i'll receive an update by the end of the week. Hopefully, between the verizon customer service that's looking into it and PL, i'll get a definite response this week......meh...doubtful...

I find this information fascinating. Nothing like what PL tells me on the phone including the supervisor who was deliberately keeping the source of this list a mystery (or she in fact really didn't know). I don't really understand if this is Samsung's promotion, how they say "Verizon team that manages this promotion". More misinformation, or the truth? This is like the X-Files. lol.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
not sure it is to x-files like, obviously verizon had to provide the list, i don't think prizelogic would hack verizon's network to figure out where we bought the phones from.....

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
not sure it is to x-files like, obviously verizon had to provide the list, i don't think prizelogic would hack verizon's network to figure out where we bought the phones from.....

It does make absolute sense it just seems laughable to me that PL couldn't say we got the list from Verizon, how hard is that, instead of being defensive and protective of this secret list Samsung used for auditing. I just confirmed with the xfinity sales line that I'm totally wrong about what I was trying to argue anyway, I'm going to post in the sticky forum about it.

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
It does make absolute sense it just seems laughable to me that PL couldn't say we got the list from Verizon, how hard is that, instead of being defensive and protective of this secret list Samsung used for auditing. I just confirmed with the xfinity sales line that I'm totally wrong about what I was trying to argue anyway, I'm going to post in the sticky forum about it.

I mentioned this before in a previous thread but those entry level reps don't know a thing.

Your best bet is to escalate this to a supervisor from the start. Save yourself the time and the trouble.

rahul79

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
So just to check on the VR side. I got approval on 4/7 and another email on 4/18 with the 1 yr netflix code, but still "Pending status" and nothing in Delivery Manager. Anyone with about the same days, got them recently?

nastynate2002

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Just got mine today, I can't believe this was a freebie, awesome promo. I wish this thing ran Android wear though...this OS is a little spotty and 3rd party apps aren't quite there. Needs a spotify app asap

Posted via the Android Central App

jawill0430

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got a mail congratulating me on my new s2 watch! Problem is I haven't gotten it yet!

Posted via the Silver Slacker

I got the same email yesterday...however no status change and nothing in delivery manager! This promo is the biggest piece of BS ever. IT can't be that difficult to sort this stuff out!

Stigasteve23

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
My label was created in fedex over a week ago last Thursday. Still not in transit. Irritating! Any one else with this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
After calling Verizon and talking with supervision, my S2 shipped Fedex yesterday directly from them. Verizon received no response from either Samsung or PL (wow, what a surprise there) and decided to provide my S2 directly due to being a long time customer and proof my original submission had been reviewed and approved.

rave264

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I mentioned this before in a previous thread but those entry level reps don't know a thing.

Your best bet is to escalate this to a supervisor from the start. Save yourself the time and the trouble.

I tried that....i'm still waiting for a call from a supervisor for the past 2 weeks...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance