Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Which wireless charger?

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I figure just to place this on a wireless charger at night so I don't have to mess with cables. Since that is the case, fast charging probably doesn't really matter. Is it best to stick with a Samsung charger or do you have other recommendations?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Which wireless charger?

I figure just to place this on a wireless charger at night so I don't have to mess with cables. Since that is the case, fast charging probably doesn't really matter. Is it best to stick with a Samsung charger or do you have other recommendations?

The standard (not Fast) wireless charging puck from Samsung is utter garbage in my eyes. That thing would successfully charge and maintain 100% of the charge on my phone overnight about 25% of the time. The other 75%, I wake up in the morning to the flash blue light and my battery down in the 80s. Never had an issue with my Tylt Vu stand charger though. I ordered this charger from Amazon: Amazon.com: Fast Wireless Charger,Yootech QI Fast Charge Wireless Charger charging pad for Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus[Adaptive Fast Charger NOT Included] [Not Support Galaxy S7 and S7 edge]: Cell Phones & Accessories and I'll let you know how it works out when I get it on Friday. $13 for a 10W wireless charging seemed like a pretty good deal. Luckily I have an Aukey QC2.0 charger that I can use with it. Seems the S7 chargers don't get along with it very well.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I have the Tylt Vu, which I used for my Galaxy S6. It worked very well with that. For some reason, I can't get it work very well with S7 Edge. That is unfortunate, because I really liked the Tylt Vu with the S6. The standard (not Fast) wireless charger from Samsung changes my S7 much faster than the the Tylt Vu.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I got a Spigen stand charger from Amazon today and it's working fine, even with a case on the phone. Was $26 IIRC.

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

I have never used a wireless charger. Do you have to place the phone perfectly for it to charge? If so, is a tilt stand type easier to use?

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

clborden

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

I've seen the Samsung Fast Charge Qi Charger on eBay for around $25-35. Is there an issue with these things? The sellers seem alright...I'm not talking about the ridiculously cheap ones from China. Anybody have any luck with these?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

I can recommend this one: 3 Coils Fast Wireless Charger CHOETECH Stadium Qi Wireless Charger Wide Charging Area Wireless Charging Pad

Been testing this now and it supports the Fast Wireless charging found on the S6 edge+, Note5 and the S7 series. Only problem I have had is that it for some reason doesn't work with the samsungs own fast charger. So make sure you have a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compatible charger to go with this.

Holy $36 Batman! So how much do you like it? I picked up a $13 10W Qi charger off Amazon but it's a tiny one that's most likely super anal about placement.

I've seen the Samsung Fast Charge Qi Charger on eBay for around $25-35. Is there an issue with these things? The sellers seem alright...I'm not talking about the ridiculously cheap ones from China. Anybody have any luck with these?

I'm leery of eBay with the amount of counterfeit Samsung products floating around there.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

The price is little steep but it's a 3coil charger which helps with the placement of the device so that it is not so analysis about it.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

The price is little steep but it's a 3coil charger which helps with the placement of the device so that it is not so analysis about it.

I love 3 coil chargers. Just plop down and you're good to go. I'm anxiously awaiting the Incipio 15W Ghost though. 15W of powerrrrrrrrrrr (insert Tim Allen here) rrrrrrrrrrrr. Wonder when a 15W stand charger will be out...

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

I love 3 coil chargers. Just plop down and you're good to go. I'm anxiously awaiting the Incipio 15W Ghost though. 15W of powerrrrrrrrrrr (insert Tim Allen here) rrrrrrrrrrrr. Wonder when a 15W stand charger will be out...
Never heard about the Ghost. Any link for it?

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

I wanted to clear one thing up about wireless charging. I see they just sell the pad, and then people mentioned using a charger with it. So do you need a special adapter or anything, or do you just plug a USB cable into it? Is it the amperage of the plug in the wall that you plugging the USB cable into that determines the charging speed? So for example right now I have like a mini surge protector outlet thing with 2 USB ports that I use by my bed. It says the output of 3.2A for the USB ports. I don't really care about fast charging at night anyways so can I just get one of the recommended pads you guys mentioned and plug it into that? If someone could just briefly explain how this works it would be greatly appreciated. And my phone just arrived while I was in the middle of making this post!

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Yootech fast charger just arrived. Plugged my Aukey QC2.0 wall charger into it and tested to make sure it's working. Phone recognizes fast wireless charging and went from 89% to 94% in about 7 minutes or so. Not bad. Will update after a full night's use.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I will provide a second vote for the Tylt Vue. I have actually always been surprised at how fast mine charged my Note 3. I have been using it the last few days to charge my S7 Edge and so far it has been pretty quick. I have also had no problems with it at all when it comes to seeing the phone.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

when i put it in my checkout cart it says it ships march 24

MobileFun has been pretty bad for me when it comes to pre-orders in the past. Thanks for the info though! I've added it to my calendar to check if it's in-stock on that date.