Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Which wireless charger?

jls1986

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which wireless charger?

I can recommend this one: 3 Coils Fast Wireless Charger CHOETECH Stadium Qi Wireless Charger Wide Charging Area Wireless Charging Pad

Been testing this now and it supports the Fast Wireless charging found on the S6 edge+, Note5 and the S7 series. Only problem I have had is that it for some reason doesn't work with the samsungs own fast charger. So make sure you have a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compatible charger to go with this.

I just got this charger. When it quick charges it makes a weird noise. It's not loud but it would be annoying being right next to my head when I sleep. Does yours make a sound?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

I just got this charger. When it quick charges it makes a weird noise. It's not loud but it would be annoying being right next to my head when I sleep. Does yours make a sound?

Most likely the fan. Samsung's fast wireless charger does the same thing.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Im using my qi wireless charger left over from my Nokia Lumia 920
Works GREAT

Same except I came from the Lumia 640XL & 1520, how are liking the Edge compared to your old WP?

Posted via the Android Central App

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

It. Makes this little very quiet wjining/ticking noise sometimes. But almost everyone of my QI chargers does it

jls1986

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

It. Makes this little very quiet wjining/ticking noise sometimes. But almost everyone of my QI chargers does it

Mine makes the noise constantly. Well guess I will have to deal with it or use a non-fast one. New to qi charging so wasn't sure if it was normal. The 3 coils sure are nice though.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

Mine makes the noise constantly. Well guess I will have to deal with it or use a non-fast one. New to qi charging so wasn't sure if it was normal. The 3 coils sure are nice though.
Even when it's not charging?

If it is loud I would contact Choetech about it. Mine makes little noise sometimes.

Also have noticed that cable and the charger make a difference.

Have u BTW tested it with the S7edge charger? Mine won't work with it and not with my S6 charger but works with my Tronsmart qc2.0 charging block

nitrocs

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Same except I came from the Lumia 640XL & 1520, how are liking the Edge compared to your old WP?

Posted via the Android Central App

I loved WP
Had a launch day 920, went to 1520, then 640xl when the 1520's mic stopped working right
So far its been good with the edge & I really like being able to download first-party apps

cdjohnson25

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I started using wireless chargers with the Palm Pre. We had wireless chargers on our nightstands, home office desk, office desk and kitchen counter. Some other users even rigged up the wireless pucks in their cars. Went a few years with limited use of a cord for charging and I loved it.

Wireless chargers that are angled will double as a display stand - an invaluable feature for me.

I grabbed the NekTeck on Amazon for $29.99 for my work desk. I've only used it one day, but if it's good, I'll be buying at least 3 more...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01A...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5054010

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site

Agreed. Mine arrived yesterday as part of the Verizon charging bundle, and it worked as one would expect to charge my phone overnight next to my bed. The LED is quite bright so I covered it with a small piece of duct tape, and it seems to have a fan attached to the back so there's a very, very faint whirring sound. It's almost undetectable. The phone started charging instantly as soon as I placed it on the stand - no hunting for the "sweet spot". And it wasn't noticeably warm when I picked it up this morning. Can't really tell how fast it charged, but initially it seemed to go up 1% every minute or two.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
This is the one I use. It works great.

It's not a fast charger but I didn't want that. Fast charging has got to reduce the battery life and if it's on charge while I am asleep it might as well do it slowly.
It has three coils so will charge in portrait or landscape.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-12%20at%2015.12.00.png

jls1986

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

Even when it's not charging?

If it is loud I would contact Choetech about it. Mine makes little noise sometimes.

Also have noticed that cable and the charger make a difference.

Have u BTW tested it with the S7edge charger? Mine won't work with it and not with my S6 charger but works with my Tronsmart qc2.0 charging block

No just when charging. It'll do it from the time I set it on the charger until it hits 100% then stop. It isn't too bad I guess.

Yeah mine doesn't work with the charger that came with the phone either. I bought the Qualcomm one off Amazon.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Samsung fast charge. Has a built in fan that blows the hot air out, as rapid charging does cause the phone to get hot.

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

The standard (not Fast) wireless charging puck from Samsung is utter garbage in my eyes. That thing would successfully charge and maintain 100% of the charge on my phone overnight about 25% of the time. The other 75%, I wake up in the morning to the flash blue light and my battery down in the 80s. Never had an issue with my Tylt Vu stand charger though. I ordered this charger from Amazon: Amazon.com: Fast Wireless Charger,Yootech QI Fast Charge Wireless Charger charging pad for Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus[Adaptive Fast Charger NOT Included] [Not Support Galaxy S7 and S7 edge]: Cell Phones & Accessories and I'll let you know how it works out when I get it on Friday. $13 for a 10W wireless charging seemed like a pretty good deal. Luckily I have an Aukey QC2.0 charger that I can use with it. Seems the S7 chargers don't get along with it very well.

I am just checking back on this. How did this charger end up working?