Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Which wireless charger?

omahaorange

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Verizon Samsung bundle as well. My wife uses the wireless Samsung puck we bought when she got her S5. At the time, the reviews said it was good, but once the battery hit 100%, it would stop charging. If you left your phone on, then it would begin using the battery, but the charger didn't recognize the drain, so it would not automatically start recharging. With the new stand, I put it on when I go to bed, and it's still at 100% when I take it off in the morning. So I'm guessing the technology is better at trickle charging.

As far as that power pack, as a medic who covers some rural areas, I find the external battery a must-have accessory. I've been caught away from the vehicle, out of radio range, and with a dying cell phone battery. I have smaller one that I carry in a pants pocket, and the new one is too big to do that on a regular basis, but does fit nicely in my gear bag so I can grab it when I leave the truck. Just in case... :)

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Samsung fast charge stand works great. Use with Otterbox Symmetrical case with no problems at all. Got the verzion $99 bundle, Samsung fast stand up charger, fast car charger and Samsung battery pack charger. Good buy in my opinion.

eewwyeah

May 13, 2013
Visit site
been using my Tylt Vu that I had from my old phone. Several times since I got the phone, it has not charged fully overnight. Last night it only went from 30% to 85% overnight. Wait, come to think of it, I only had the issue over last weekend as well; during the work week it was at 100% when the alarm went off in the morning...much earlier than when I woke up with no alarms on wknd

any ideas?

***it is not a "fast" charger

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Which wireless charger?

I am just checking back on this. How did this charger end up working?

It is actually working very very well. I'm quite surprised for the price but it's been performing like a champ for the past week. I'm not sure how long this thing will last but it's a great bang for the buck for me as of now.

atzau

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Anyone use the new yootech with the s7 edge? Just wondering if it'll work with the spigen tough armour case on.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1462163000643.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1462163000643.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 31

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the rav power pictured above from Amazon. It's very quirky. It'll charge my s7edge to 100 % no problem, but shuts down my data connection. Ive got to turn it back on every time I use it. When I put my S6 edge on it, it'll only get it up to 85% . Then I have to put it on the quick charge cable to complete.

Posted via Android Central App

welshmikie

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I bought the official Samsung wireless charger stand. Works really well. I have also tried it with a ghostek cloak case and spigen tough armour an both cases still allow the phone to charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone use the new yootech with the s7 edge? Just wondering if it'll work with the spigen tough armour case on.

I have the updated version of this charger. It was $30 I think, from Amazon. Worked fine through the Speck Candyshell Clear case which was pretty thick. Not sure how that compares to your case.

Still happy with the charger. Ditched the Speck for an Incipio, which is thinner but more appealing and not so thick. I would say make sure to get the updated version, not the old.

The grippy surface on the charger works well and I never have issues getting charge to start (i.e. finding the sweet spot).

atzau

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I have the updated version of this charger. It was $30 I think, from Amazon. Worked fine through the Speck Candyshell Clear case which was pretty thick. Not sure how that compares to your case.

Still happy with the charger. Ditched the Speck for an Incipio, which is thinner but more appealing and not so thick. I would say make sure to get the updated version, not the old.

The grippy surface on the charger works well and I never have issues getting charge to start (i.e. finding the sweet spot).
great. thanks for the reply!