doze - 14% drain overnight

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I will leave bluetooth on for the time being. I am not sure if having an android wear watch is knocking my battery down.

Bingo! There's your problem. BT is a horrible battery drain. BT should only be turned on when you absolutely need it. BT will run down your battery about as fast as watching full length videos.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Bingo! There's your problem. BT is a horrible battery drain. BT should only be turned on when you absolutely need it. BT will run down your battery about as fast as watching full length videos.

I have a Huawei watch, so my Bluetooth is on all the time. My S7 Edge has never gotten below 30% on any day since I got it a few weeks ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
It's an inherent part of Android 6.0, Marshmallow. It's not a stand-alone app. It's built right into the OS now. It used to be an app you had to install. Your phone has it.

But there's no setting or help text to explain it anywhere? If I didn't see you guys talk about it, I'd have no way of knowing this feature is on my phone.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an ATT model and have both AOD and Bluetooth on at all times. I can see my phone enter doze by the flatline in the discharge graph with GSAM Pro so those should not prevent "doze mode". I was having similar issues until I disabled a bunch of junk with package disabler pro. Now Doze kicks in just fine and my battery life has improved dramatically. Not sure which specific package it was and don't really have time to test each one, but I would suggest killing some of the bloat and see what that does.

VJKotts

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone and had an Apple watch as well. I didn't feel like my Apple watch drained my battery as much as Android wear is. If my Huawei watch is responsible for battery drain, I will return it. I don't think the watch is worth the battery drain.

VJKotts

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Even with Bluetooth on, I don't think there should be that much battery drain. I am testing the doze tonight with Always on display off tonight and I will test with Bluetooth off tomorrow and post results.

SurfnSun

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Even with Bluetooth on, I don't think there should be that much battery drain. I am testing the doze tonight with Always on display off tonight and I will test with Bluetooth off tomorrow and post results.

I am also finding bluetooth to be a huge drain. On my Windows phone I left it on all the time and didn't matter. On my S7E, it matters. I turn it off unless my headset is hooked up.

VJKotts

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thursday night - 14% drain with Night mode on, bluetooth on
Friday night - 14% drain with night mode off, Bluetooth on

Going to test it with night mode off, Bluetooth off tonight

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I leave Bluetooth on all the time for my Asus Zenwatch. It doesn't kill my battery unless I'm getting an abnormal number of notifications. I do limit which apps send me notifications, however.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone and had an Apple watch as well. I didn't feel like my Apple watch drained my battery as much as Android wear is. If my Huawei watch is responsible for battery drain, I will return it. I don't think the watch is worth the battery drain.

Bluetooth drain is much worse on my s7 edge vs my iPhone 6s+. I can leave my phone on a desk for an hour and my Bluetooth will blow up at 15% on my battery usage.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
The problem is bluetooth, pure and simple. It's a horrible battery drain and should only be used when necessary. Android needs to figure out a better way to manage BT power use.

VJKotts

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thursday night - 14% drain with Night mode on, bluetooth on
Friday night - 14% drain with night mode off, Bluetooth on

Going to test it with night mode off, Bluetooth off tonight

Tested it with Bluetooth off:

Saturday night - 12% drain with night mode off, Bluetooth off

I'm going to have to try greenify

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The reviews of the S7 said AOD uses about 1% of battery per hour. So if the OP was out for 8 hours, that leaves a 6% decline for everything else, which doesn't seem too bad. Last night, mine dropped from 82% to 76% over about 8 1/2 hours with AOD and Edge display off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox