12-19-2016 06:46 AM
46 12
tools
    I solved it by selling my N6P.
    Funny. But sad...

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-12-2016 08:42 AM
    Folks... well i think i got it figured out. I changed my approach - i figure out how to make the car discoverable and then initiated the pairing from the phone. This worked! For the benz, you go to bluetooth phones, then instead of choosing UPDATE, you go to the right and choose options EXTERNAL AUTHORIZATION. phone immediately saw the car and the pairing worked. OK - back to loving the S7...
    03-12-2016 04:03 PM
    No problems with my 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited, actually connects a lot faster then my old Note 4 & Lumia1520.

Connects great to my 2015 dart and 2015 charger. No problems. I guess something had to be said about Uconnect huh?!? Lol

03-12-2016 04:56 PM
    Connects great to my 2015 dart and 2015 charger. No problems. I guess something had to be said about Uconnect huh?!? Lol

also worked find on my 2013 Jeep. So...who knows why the Benz was giving problems on the one way. works now so all good...
    03-12-2016 05:12 PM
    I have a 63 plate uk Mazda 5 updated moto g2 to marshmallow and now my inbuilt mazda tomtom sat nav keeps dropping connection! pairs but will not go into hands free mode, where before it was all sweet.
    Anyone help with this .thank you.
    03-14-2016 07:16 AM
    Folks... well i think i got it figured out. I changed my approach - i figure out how to make the car discoverable and then initiated the pairing from the phone. This worked! For the benz, you go to bluetooth phones, then instead of choosing UPDATE, you go to the right and choose options EXTERNAL AUTHORIZATION. phone immediately saw the car and the pairing worked. OK - back to loving the S7...
    OK - update from a few days later. It seems to connect and keep the connection when I do the above BUT when I turn the car off / on again, the connection starts to behave as before - eg, cannot make audio or media connection. I then have trouble unpairing the phone and car and have to power cycle COMAND (Benz) and the phone to get them unconnected. I also checked other sites and this does not seem to be a S7 issue - seems like it is a Marshallow issue. But not consistently (for example, my phone connects fine to my bluetooth headset and my 2013 jeep as well as my fitbit...just not the Benz.)

So, lets keep posting what we find and maybe someone will find a workaround or there will be some trend that emerges that they can use to troubleshoot.
    03-14-2016 08:05 AM
    Has anyone checked in with their car manufacturer? Perhaps there is a firmware update for BT or something?
    03-14-2016 08:48 AM
    I solved it by selling my N6P.
    I guess it acts up when it wants too but so far it's been behaving lately. It's too bad Google still hasn't addressed it.

I'll be selling my 6P too as well. This issue is one of the reasons.
    03-14-2016 07:53 PM
    I figured out that too. I have S7 edge and trying to connect to my 2011 e350. After successful connection, everything seems to work just the way it worked with my iPhone. The only issue is after I turn my car off and when I restart next time, the bluetooth gets connected (as I can see the name of my phone on screen) but the audio part is not meaning the handfree phone would not work. I have to go through the external authorization everytime for that to work. Let me know if you have a solution.
    03-22-2016 08:03 PM
    Some strange issues going on here. Mine stays connected very well with my Ford F150. It connects automatically every time I get in the truck. Its never lost the connection once.
    03-22-2016 08:16 PM
    BT works just fine on my Chevrolet Cruze. In fact it works better than on my old Moto X which was always flaky and unreliable. Maybe now I can get rid of the Aux cord I had to use as a backup when it wouldn't work!
    03-22-2016 10:15 PM
    Had problems where it did not always connect to MyFord Touch. I unpaired the phone and wiped the cache partition. That seems to have done the trick.
    03-23-2016 08:11 AM
    Mine does this with my VW Passat, I've got a service call booked with Samsung
    johnmcc0710 likes this.
    04-14-2016 10:29 AM
    Let's hope this works for me. I also had the issue with my 2010 E350. I couldn't even get the damn thing connected. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the info by the way.
    04-15-2016 10:35 AM
    I can pair but it drops frequently. 2011 Chevy Silverado and 2015 Jeep I NEED MY BT !!
    04-28-2016 03:04 PM
    A lot of times this has to do with really poorly coded Bluetooth protocols in the actual car. My friend has a G37 sedan and when the Droid Turbo was updated to 5.1, it completely broke using the phone in the G37, but continued to work in other Nissan products from different years.

I have not noticed any issues with my 2013 BMW 328i - I actually think the S7 does the contact and messaging sync faster than my old Turbo did. I do have the ability to update my car's communication software though through a USB port and regular updates from BMW, which is a good feature.
    04-28-2016 03:17 PM
    I am having the exact same response! .....even to the one "bar" that pops up on the dash screen momentarily before the "phone" quits trying to connect.
    Paired, "authorized" and connected but NO "TELEPHONE" CONNECTION. I called Samsung and they acted like they never heard of the problem before....told me to take my car to the Mercedes dealer. I'm going to do that but it seems crazy to me. My Note 5 worked wonderfully....If I can't get it corrected the S7 is going back to Costco!
    If you find a solution I would love to hear about it.
    Thanks.
    UPDATE:Today the techs at my Mercedes dealership got me connected!! It was a convoluted process and it took two techs. The first one spent 20 minutes and being unsuccessful, fetched a second tech. He did it in 3 minutes!!
    06-22-2016 03:20 PM
    I have a Mazda3 2012 and can't connect the BT.. anyone have ideas how can I make it work..

06-23-2016 09:11 PM
    I have a 2014 BMW 3 series with ConnectedDrive - shortly after pairing the S7E with the car the ConnectedDrive system starts to reboot randomly and does not stop until I delete the S7E and reset the system by holding power button for 30 seconds. I have added and removed it several times and have only been able to stream audio once, the very first time I connected.

Samsung told me to reboot in safe mode and see if it was still happening and it did not help.

I keep the BMW software updated and I have connected the following to this car in the past:
    Galaxy S3
    HTC ONE M8
    LG G3
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 6 Plus
    iPhone 6S Plus

I am giving up on the phone and getting something else
    07-19-2016 09:05 PM
    What radio do you have and what uconnect software version are you running? I get one contact per phone number for every contact in my list and a blank one with no numbers which is probably from WhatsApp or something.

This is response to all that have uconnect systems and it's working.
    10-21-2016 12:58 PM
    My S7E won't connect to my 2015 RAV4 period. My Galaxy S6 connected just fine. My phone cannot find my car but my car can find my phone.
    younggreenanne likes this.
    12-19-2016 06:46 AM
46 12