Bluetooth connectivity issue with car? anyone else?

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, so fortunately for me, removing all the old devices allowed me to pair the S7E, so I'm happy to report that my issue is resolved. Sorry that this may not help you guys. I hope this issue gets resolved for you guys. Not being able to stream in my car was/is a HUGE deal.

That is what I had to do too. I had a couple problems, then removed all the devices and repaired the S7 and now its working fine.

jls1986

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
thanks...which car and year? trying to see if this is an old bluetooth stack on the car which would imply the need for an update to the comand system from Mercedes (which is near impossible I understand)
I actually have an aftermarket bluebooth stereo that I installed. Would getting an aftermarket stereo in your car be an option?

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
No problems with my 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited, actually connects a lot faster then my old Note 4 & Lumia1520.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Folks... well i think i got it figured out. I changed my approach - i figure out how to make the car discoverable and then initiated the pairing from the phone. This worked! For the benz, you go to bluetooth phones, then instead of choosing UPDATE, you go to the right and choose options EXTERNAL AUTHORIZATION. phone immediately saw the car and the pairing worked. OK - back to loving the S7...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
No problems with my 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited, actually connects a lot faster then my old Note 4 & Lumia1520.

Connects great to my 2015 dart and 2015 charger. No problems. I guess something had to be said about Uconnect huh?!? Lol

omegazone

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a 63 plate uk Mazda 5 updated moto g2 to marshmallow and now my inbuilt mazda tomtom sat nav keeps dropping connection! pairs but will not go into hands free mode, where before it was all sweet.
Anyone help with this .thank you.

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Folks... well i think i got it figured out. I changed my approach - i figure out how to make the car discoverable and then initiated the pairing from the phone. This worked! For the benz, you go to bluetooth phones, then instead of choosing UPDATE, you go to the right and choose options EXTERNAL AUTHORIZATION. phone immediately saw the car and the pairing worked. OK - back to loving the S7...

OK - update from a few days later. It seems to connect and keep the connection when I do the above BUT when I turn the car off / on again, the connection starts to behave as before - eg, cannot make audio or media connection. I then have trouble unpairing the phone and car and have to power cycle COMAND (Benz) and the phone to get them unconnected. I also checked other sites and this does not seem to be a S7 issue - seems like it is a Marshallow issue. But not consistently (for example, my phone connects fine to my bluetooth headset and my 2013 jeep as well as my fitbit...just not the Benz.)

So, lets keep posting what we find and maybe someone will find a workaround or there will be some trend that emerges that they can use to troubleshoot.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I solved it by selling my N6P.

I guess it acts up when it wants too but so far it's been behaving lately. It's too bad Google still hasn't addressed it.

I'll be selling my 6P too as well. This issue is one of the reasons.

Shakshan

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I figured out that too. I have S7 edge and trying to connect to my 2011 e350. After successful connection, everything seems to work just the way it worked with my iPhone. The only issue is after I turn my car off and when I restart next time, the bluetooth gets connected (as I can see the name of my phone on screen) but the audio part is not meaning the handfree phone would not work. I have to go through the external authorization everytime for that to work. Let me know if you have a solution.

jrkz36

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Some strange issues going on here. Mine stays connected very well with my Ford F150. It connects automatically every time I get in the truck. Its never lost the connection once.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
BT works just fine on my Chevrolet Cruze. In fact it works better than on my old Moto X which was always flaky and unreliable. Maybe now I can get rid of the Aux cord I had to use as a backup when it wouldn't work!

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Had problems where it did not always connect to MyFord Touch. I unpaired the phone and wiped the cache partition. That seems to have done the trick.

Baha278

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site

Let's hope this works for me. I also had the issue with my 2010 E350. I couldn't even get the damn thing connected. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the info by the way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12