12-19-2016 06:46 AM
46 12
tools
    Looking to see if anyone else has this experience with their new S7 Edge (verizon is my carrier).

I cant seem to get the call / media pairing to hold with my 2011 Benz E550 (W211). It pairs but then it does not allow phone or mediia connection. Interesting enough, it does keep the contact connection.

Have tried to reset / re-pair the phone several times, same for the head unit on the car. I have paired other headsets to the phone and it seems to be OK. I have paired other phones (S6 for example) and it works fine. Just cant seem to get the S7 to work with the car.

Any suggestions?
    03-10-2016 10:23 AM
    Sell the Benz! Kidding...I will try the Bluetooth and let know. What I don't like about galaxy's of the past is they timed out or locked the screen and connections dropped.
    03-10-2016 10:44 AM
    Don't have any issues pairing with mine, Bluetooth works fine in car for calls and music. T-Mobile version and Mercedes here as well.
    03-10-2016 10:46 AM
    Media works fine on my Bluetooth stereo. I haven't tried any calls. Verizon.
    03-10-2016 11:12 AM
    Yeah, I came here to post about this as well. My S7E won't connect via BT to my car. What gives? This is a big problem for me.
    03-10-2016 01:13 PM
    Sell the Benz! Kidding...I will try the Bluetooth and let know. What I don't like about galaxy's of the past is they timed out or locked the screen and connections dropped.
    at some point that is an option! but until then...

i get into the engineering menu - you can adjust the bluetooth timeout. I will try raising that and see if that helps...
    03-10-2016 01:14 PM
    Media works fine on my Bluetooth stereo. I haven't tried any calls. Verizon.
    thanks...which car and year? trying to see if this is an old bluetooth stack on the car which would imply the need for an update to the comand system from Mercedes (which is near impossible I understand)
    03-10-2016 01:15 PM
    Yeah, I came here to post about this as well. My S7E won't connect via BT to my car. What gives? This is a big problem for me.
    same behavior? connects at first and then drops? car then still seems to be connected but it cant make calls or media?
    03-10-2016 01:17 PM
    Don't have any issues pairing with mine, Bluetooth works fine in car for calls and music. T-Mobile version and Mercedes here as well.
    thansk...which benz and year?
    03-10-2016 01:19 PM
    Keeps kicking me out of Bluetooth 2013 Ford Synch

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-10-2016 01:40 PM
    Nexus 6p has this same exact issue . I wonder if it's marshmallow related
    03-11-2016 02:40 AM
    I came back report two things:

1. In my case, I figured out that my car is "full" of attached devices. I'm getting a PDL Full error when I try to connect. I am currently trying to figure out how to reset it so that I can add the S7E. Other folks should check this on their cars.

2. Obviously this may not work for everyone, but you could try what's recommended here: http://recomhub.com/blog/galaxy-s7-e...etooth-solved/
    03-11-2016 06:48 AM
    I came back report two things:

1. In my case, I figured out that my car is "full" of attached devices. I'm getting a PDL Full error when I try to connect. I am currently trying to figure out how to reset it so that I can add the S7E. Other folks should check this on their cars.

2. Obviously this may not work for everyone, but you could try what's recommended here:

thx - cleared out all pairings in car so being "full" not the issue. Yes tried cache clear a few times.

last night, i did a factory reset to see if that would fix it. once it was back online and before i restored any apps or any settings, (eg basically a clean phone) i tried to see if it worked. unfortunately not. Since it sounds like others are experiencing the same thing, and it is with random cars, i am wondering if this is a marshallow thing too.
    03-11-2016 07:42 AM
    The only other thing I could think of is the S6E was using BT 4.1 while I believe the S7E is using BT 4.2. I'm not sure what the difference is, but that may be the issue.
    03-11-2016 08:05 AM
    I had the connection issue a few days ago. I have 15 Mercedes and 15 Nissan Rogue.....Same instance in both cars:

Last Sunday, my S7 Edge connected to both vehicles with no issues. On Wed, my phone would not connect to either vehicle. My S7 Edge would not "see" the vehicles to pair/connect. I went into recovery mode and cleared cache partition, I rebooted,,,nothing. I checked each vehicle with my older device and had no issues connecting. I finally did a factory reset of my S7 Edge, went back out to each vehicle and tried to pair. NOTHING......I came back in the house and started researching this issue and to see if I was the only one. Last resort, I did yet another factory reset, went out to each vehicle and my device "paired/connected" with no problem. I have no idea what that was all about but it does make me question the S7 E, dependability and consistency.
    03-11-2016 08:11 AM
    The only other thing I could think of is the S6E was using BT 4.1 while I believe the S7E is using BT 4.2. I'm not sure what the difference is, but that may be the issue.
    correct. S7 edge uses the 4.2 protocol
    03-11-2016 08:20 AM
    I had the connection issue a few days ago. I have 15 Mercedes and 15 Nissan Rogue.....Same instance in both cars:

Last Sunday, my S7 Edge connected to both vehicles with no issues. On Wed, my phone would not connect to either vehicle. My S7 Edge would not "see" the vehicles to pair/connect. I went into recovery mode and cleared cache partition, I rebooted,,,nothing. I checked each vehicle with my older device and had no issues connecting. I finally did a factory reset of my S7 Edge, went back out to each vehicle and tried to pair. NOTHING......I came back in the house and started researching this issue and to see if I was the only one. Last resort, I did yet another factory reset, went out to each vehicle and my device "paired/connected" with no problem. I have no idea what that was all about but it does make me question the S7 E, dependability and consistency.
    interesting...so you did two factory resets and it worked. let us know if that stays stable...
    lsmith9523 likes this.
    03-11-2016 08:21 AM
    Yeah, so fortunately for me, removing all the old devices allowed me to pair the S7E, so I'm happy to report that my issue is resolved. Sorry that this may not help you guys. I hope this issue gets resolved for you guys. Not being able to stream in my car was/is a HUGE deal.
    03-11-2016 08:48 AM
    Not again, I went through this with my Nexus 6P.
    03-11-2016 08:54 AM
    Not again, I went through this with my Nexus 6P.
    how did it get resolved (if at all?)
    03-11-2016 09:18 AM
    Yeah, so fortunately for me, removing all the old devices allowed me to pair the S7E, so I'm happy to report that my issue is resolved. Sorry that this may not help you guys. I hope this issue gets resolved for you guys. Not being able to stream in my car was/is a HUGE deal.
    That is what I had to do too. I had a couple problems, then removed all the devices and repaired the S7 and now its working fine.
    03-11-2016 09:18 AM
    It hasn't been resolved with the 6p
    03-11-2016 09:26 AM
    thanks...which car and year? trying to see if this is an old bluetooth stack on the car which would imply the need for an update to the comand system from Mercedes (which is near impossible I understand)
    I actually have an aftermarket bluebooth stereo that I installed. Would getting an aftermarket stereo in your car be an option?
    03-11-2016 08:44 PM
    No problems with my 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited, actually connects a lot faster then my old Note 4 & Lumia1520.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-11-2016 10:46 PM
    I solved it by selling my N6P.
    03-11-2016 11:44 PM
46 12