Am I the only crazy one leaving the factory plastic on the display until.........

snikt228

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I tried but after only maybe 3 inserts into my pocket that was all over. Really crappy factory plastic this time, flakes right off

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I miss those flip phone pre installed plastic shields. I'd leave those things on for like a month!

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I trimmed mine a bit and I will be useing it until I can figure out a good screen protector. The stock one isn't terrible.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The plastic that comes on it is more dangerous to leave on, than to take off.

It's not a screen protector.. it's packaging. It does not adhere correctly and will allow dirt particles to get under it, increasing the risk of scratches. I would never, ever leave that on, unless I left the phone in the box.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I trimmed mine a bit and I will be useing it until I can figure out a good screen protector. The stock one isn't terrible.

Yea, I peeled mine up and cut the home button out and the tab at the top left corner.
I believe it's going to be very difficult to find a working tempered glass for the S7 edge.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm just going with no screen protector. I doubt I'll be able to find a good tempered one and I don't like the regular ones anymore.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I peeled mine up and cut the home button out and the tab at the top left corner.
I believe it's going to be very difficult to find a working tempered glass for the S7 edge.
Same cuts here. I wasn't impressed with the plastic protectors that work on my s6 edge, so I will probably keep this until people can confirm a good fitting tempered glass screen protector

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
cant believe you are that stressed over a screen protector to resort to that lol, I cant believe people still use those things

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen someone make their own screen protector from the original plastic on the phone. This is funny and yet inspiring.

You don't 'make' anything, you just leave it there. Affects the sensitivity somewhat, but it'll do until mine comes in. It ain't rocket science.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
You don't 'make' anything, you just leave it there. Affects the sensitivity somewhat, but it'll do until mine comes in. It ain't rocket science.

felloffthetruck and dpham00 pretty much made the cover their own by snipping off parts off the plastic protector that's on the phone.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
You cannot use the FingerPrint reader if you leave a plastic protector on. I've tried

You can if you trim out the are over the home button.:p I don't think it's going to last too long though.
When I put a case on it starts peeling up on the one side and by the home button.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac