Samsung Internet Browser for Verizon

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten it to work? Played around with it on my friends Sprint GS7E and fell in love with it. I tried downloading a few apks online but they all crash upon opening.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Nope. I'd rather not sideload anything and risk breaking the fragile Touchwiz. Looked in both Galaxy Apps and Play store, says it's not compatible. We're stuck waiting.

wuttqq

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I use the samsung browser (although I have at&t) only because there is an adblock for it. Chrome doesn't have one for mobile.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Wow. Really? Huh. I didn't know that. I just use Chrome because that's what I use on my computer.

Same here. I switched over to the Samsung browser though on the S6E because it did run faster and smoother. According to all the reviewers, version 4.0 is even better than the V3 I was using and is properly fast.

testt

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've only ever used the Samsung browser. It's clean, simple, and effective. The fact that it was removed by Verizon pisses me off. Hopefully it will return and Samsung will tell Verizon to eat it, because I'm sick of missing advertised features for which I purchased a phone for.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
It works fine on the Note 5 for me. The main reason I like it is the integration with desktop... if I get home I can go to a website I was using on my work computer or on the phone. Easy peasy.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone pull the APK from a T-Mobile or other carrier device? Only version 3 is online for my S6 Edge so no way to test any version 4 on the Verizon S7.
[EDIT] If it's a system app, that might cause some grief in installing in Verizon though. Plus if they ripped out any libraries it needs. Why would Verizon care about that being removed???
[EDIT x2] I got a hold of the 4.0 APK. It willinstall on a Verizon model, but the browser will not run. It looks like they left out some libraries at the system level it looks for. Looks like Verizon customers are out of luck.

Last edited:

jls1986

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I've never even tried the Samsung browser, maybe it's a good thing though since I have nothing to compare Chrome to. Still irritating that Verizon would not allow it though, wouldn't mind trying it.

drummer07#AC

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I've only ever used the Samsung browser. It's clean, simple, and effective. The fact that it was removed by Verizon pisses me off. Hopefully it will return and Samsung will tell Verizon to eat it, because I'm sick of missing advertised features for which I purchased a phone for.

Completely agree. I played with s7 in store thinking through Samsung browser would he included only to be disappointed by Verizon. I much prefer the Samsung browser over chrome.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Completely agree. I played with s7 in store thinking through Samsung browser would he included only to be disappointed by Verizon. I much prefer the Samsung browser over chrome.

this is exactly what happened to me today. only to find out that verizon removed the samsung browser. this is seriously upsetting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay