Samsung Internet Browser for Verizon

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I'd rather not sideload anything and risk breaking the fragile Touchwiz. Looked in both Galaxy Apps and Play store, says it's not compatible. We're stuck waiting.
It won't hurt anything but it won't work either. Seriously the dumbest crap I've seen. I'm going back to AT&T because of all the crap Verizon does

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
i contacted verizon and told them i'm not happy.
also called samsung.

and i put in a complaint on this website
https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/main/main.do

do the same!

I just did this, I think everyone should do this even if you don't think you'll use it so in the future Samsung will think twice before bowing to Verizon and holding out on features.

Posted via the Android Central App

jls1986

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I submitted a complaint to Samsung. Who knows if anyone will listen. Really wonder what Verizon gets out of blocking it. So stupid.

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with Verizon today about this. They said they would have to text me what info they find after the chat closed. They responded to my question with the following...

25d9b51c2f88b39cbe94507d43d4c710.jpg

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Guys, the Samsung browser is downloadable and I've been using it for a day now. For some reason, it doesn't show up in the Play Store, which is where I downloaded it from, which is weird but I can confirm it's live.

-- Do a Google search for "Samsung Browser" on your S7/Edge
-- Click on the Play Store link for the browser
-- Install

Adblock Plus is also there for use with the Samsung browser so make sure you grab that too.

Edit: Seems it's not working for everyone right now. I have been lucky as well as kami. Just remember you have to have the latest OTA update installed and this is only for the Verizon variant.

Last edited:

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Guys, the Samsung browser is downloadable and I've been using it for a day now. For some reason, it doesn't show up in the Play Store, which is where I downloaded it from, which is weird but I can confirm it's live.

-- Install

Adblock Plus is also there for use with the Samsung browser so make sure you grab that too.

Not for me :(

-S7Edge

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I searched through Google, and I am also Verizon variant. Have you done the latest ota?

vdob

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The download doesn't work for me either. I searched through a browser and clicked the Play link. It says that it's not compatible with my Verizon S7 Edge.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I searched through Google, and I am also Verizon variant. Have you done the latest ota?

Yes I have. Did it the day it went live. Perhaps that's the difference if you haven't? Guess we'll find out.

The download doesn't work for me either. I searched through a browser and clicked the Play link. It says that it's not compatible with my Verizon S7 Edge.

Oh, and make sure the link for the Play Store takes you into the Play Store app and not your browser. I'm not sure if that's clear...

Hm... Worked perfectly for me. Have you updated your phone?

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
You two searching for it directly in the Play Store?

BTW I'm on a Verizon variant.

i searched it using the stock browser and tried chrome too. After you click the app it will bring you to play store and you will see this

-S7Edge

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160321-193220.jpg
    Screenshot_20160321-193220.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 165

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

-- Install

Me no see? I see the not compatible version. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37