Samsung Internet Browser for Verizon

MauJac

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
A few moments ago I donwloaded the Samsung Internet app on my SGS4 Verizon and after open it took me to a Yahoo finance page then I tapped back and took me to tigerdirect site, after tapping on browser box for to enter a new web site address popped up a quick access list of web sites like Google, AOL mobile, Insider`s, Dictionary, Accuweather, Yelp, ESPN, YouTube, Yahoo. You can edit quick access. I typed androidcentral.com and reached it fast. I will continue trying it to see how it works finally.

I suggest you to make a try too.

Last edited:

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I had loaded the apk on my phone, and now when I got Samsung Internet I am getting the buttons for uninstall and open. So I guess it's now compatible with my phone too, lol.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon also. I have the Galaxy S5 with OS 5.0. Found it in the Google Play Store but it said it is not compatible with my phone. But if you read about it.....it states......

"The 4th version of Samsung Internet brings lots of new and exciting features.
This update is available for Galaxy S7 Edge, S7, Note5, S6 Edge+, S6 Edge, S6, S6 Active, Note4, S5, S5 Neo, S5 Active, S5 Sports, S5 LTE A, Note3, S4, S4 Duos, S4 Active, S4 LTE A, A7, A8, A5x, A7x, and A9x with Android 5.0 and above."

The S5 is listed! This really sucks!! :( :mad:

EDIT: I just signed in with another account on my S5 for the Google Play Store and NOW I was able to download it. Weird.....really weird. Will check the browser out and see how I like it.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
All of my Chrome bookmarks synced to the Samsung browser. Just make sure "sync internet" is checked off in the Samsung Account settings.

It is. Doesn't work for me, bummer. Discovered a work around at least by opening the HTML file and saving it to the Quick Access page. Better than nothing.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what I did, but I was finally able to download it last night. First it wasn't supported, then it was, weird! Anyway, I can't believe how fast the browser is. It blows chrome and firefox out of the water.

Jeff Saul

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I was able to download and install it on S6 no problem from the link posted.

Can someone tell me what this app does that Chrome doesn't? Is Samsung Internet better?

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Question - could I save my Chrome bookmarks as an HTML file to my SD card then import them into the Samsung browser?

I think a better solution, if you use Chrome on the desktop is to install the Samsung Sync extension to Chrome. That will keep you Chrome bookmarks synced with the Samsung browser.

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Anyone who has both, how is the battery life using the Samsung browser compared to Chrome?

After 1 week of using the Samsung browser it definitely uses more battery than Chrome. I'll have to test chrome this week to record the difference.

Posted via the Android Central App

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
After 1 week of using the Samsung browser it definitely uses more battery than Chrome. I'll have to test chrome this week to record the difference.

Really? I would have thought it'd be the other way around.

walkman666

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Installed Samsung internet browser and ad block on my Edge this am. Installed it directly from google play store app on my Edge. I think the Samsung browser is noticeably faster than Chrome.

Last edited:

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I just went to the play store on my computer, and it was indeed available to install on my Verizon S7 Edge. And it works perfectly.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i was able to install the Samsung Internet browser directly from the Play Store on my Verizon S7 Edge. But if I'm reading things correctly, I dont get the adblock built in, you have to install that separately?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol