Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Not really happy - a few issues.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had a galaxy since the s3 (used LG since).

A few things.

The led doesn't always flash and the led apps such as light flow don't work.

Every single time the phone reboots or restarts, it seems to feel the need to tell me I am using an SD card.

The biggest issue -> music!

No matter what app I use or what songs, settings, folders I use, it doesn't send the current info to Bluetooth. I know it's not the car I have (2016 wrx) as my g4 and my wife's old v10 displayed perfectly. Her car doesn't display her s7 edge info either (2015 wrx with a different stock stereo).

Idk if I should just return this and stick with the g4. Or is there a fix?

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
seems like very small issues to me. but the music one, I notice that also. oh well. not giving up this for that.

Posted via the Android Central App

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
seems like very small issues to me. but the music one, I notice that also. oh well. not giving up this for that.

The music is a big deal. All my music is here, I don't listen to radio or cds. I have about 175gb of music on this SD card and that's my one and only music source.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I am also annoyed about the SD card notification. Next reboot I will long-press the notification and choose to hide it. I'll let you know if this works.

Also, I heard that the BT song info was actually working with the S7. Would have to look into it more. I don't use BT so..

mzazthang

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Few issues w/ 7 edge

The battery is not lasting any longer than my S5 has....guess I will just need to have a few chargers along the way...
Phone is running very hot...LED doesn't work for all apps and LED apps aren't working...maybe a marshmellow issue...
Another thing my FB birthdays and events are NOT syncing up and or showing up on my calendar....Anyone have any suggestions???

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I am also annoyed about the SD card notification. Next reboot I will long-press the notification and choose to hide it. I'll let you know if this works.

Also, I heard that the BT song info was actually working with the S7. Would have to look into it more. I don't use BT so..

The music works in both our cars, however it only display the information properly in our 2015 vehicle. The 2011 vehicle - in which the phone connects for bluetooth through the vehicle, but we need to use a TuneAir 2 adapter for music - the music info does not appear properly. But it never has on any Android phone I've used - only the iPhone.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The music works in both our cars, however it only display the information properly in our 2015 vehicle. The 2011 vehicle - in which the phone connects for bluetooth through the vehicle, but we need to use a TuneAir 2 adapter for music - the music info does not appear properly. But it never has on any Android phone I've used - only the iPhone.

What kind of vehicle is the 15?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean it won't show the info? Like the music plays in the car over Bluetooth but the song and artist info do not display? What does the screen show?

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean it won't show the info? Like the music plays in the car over Bluetooth but the song and artist info do not display? What does the screen show?

The screen in the car will show the 1st song on connection, but it will not update with the changing of tracks.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh no.. That's not good. I also stream BT from my phone's music collection.

My G4, S6 Edge Plus, and V10 worked fine on my 2015 WRX.

I hope the S7 Edge will work too...

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh no.. That's not good. I also stream BT from my phone's music collection.

My G4, S6 Edge Plus, and V10 worked fine on my 2015 WRX.

I hope the S7 Edge will work too...

Wife says Google play will display in her 15, but she said it disconnects often. Other apps won't update the track like mine.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
So I long-pressed the notification.. It's coming from System, so I can't mute those because I would miss too many important things. Oh, well. It's not something dire, just an annoyance on boot.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
So I long-pressed the notification.. It's coming from System, so I can't mute those because I would miss too many important things. Oh, well. It's not something dire, just an annoyance on boot.

Such as?

P.S. Info working fie in my sister's 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid w/ the Infiniti system. No idea about my Audi since I'm visiting family here. I'll let you know how that works out.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
My Bluetooth works just fine in the car, 2015 Nissan Rogue. Info also displays properly. At first with using the headphones that plug in, when tapping the buttons it would use the Google play music app instead of Spotify which is what I was listening to. A quick reboot helped. Maybe it's just a few bugs due to the newness of the phone.
I am also annoyed about the SD card notification but after the first week or so I don't think I'll be restarting my phone too often.

Posted via AC App from my Galaxy S7 Edge