03-17-2016 09:53 PM
58 123
tools
    I still love my moto x pure
    03-12-2016 03:38 AM
    Got my s7 edge and notice the home button if I click on the sides of it doesn't register only if I push the middle portion will it register??
    03-12-2016 12:05 PM
    So I long-pressed the notification.. It's coming from System, so I can't mute those because I would miss too many important things. Oh, well. It's not something dire, just an annoyance on boot.
    Have you tried heads off app to see if it will block it?
    03-12-2016 12:20 PM
    I love the phone, but battery life is pretty awful and not really improving, and Android Auto is a mess, constant freezing, my S6 worked flawlessly with AA, but this is more the fault of google, than it is Samsung
    03-12-2016 01:14 PM
    The battery is not lasting any longer than my S5 has....guess I will just need to have a few chargers along the way...
    Phone is running very hot...LED doesn't work for all apps and LED apps aren't working...maybe a marshmellow issue...
    Another thing my FB birthdays and events are NOT syncing up and or showing up on my calendar....Anyone have any suggestions???
    I find it very hard to believe that the Edge battery isn't lasting longer than the S5. I've used the S4, S5, S6, and Nexus 6P and so far the Edge has topped all of them in battery life. If your phone truly is "very hot" then something could be wrong. Mine has been warm, but never hot.
    SR45 likes this.
    03-12-2016 01:50 PM
    Just pulled the bike out today and it displays Bluetooth info fine with it (2015 road glide).. Wish it worked with the wrx.
    03-12-2016 03:18 PM
    I love the phone, but battery life is pretty awful and not really improving, and Android Auto is a mess, constant freezing, my S6 worked flawlessly with AA, but this is more the fault of google, than it is Samsung
    Agree with others. My battery life has been nothing short of stellar. Even more than Note 5, which was already awesome. I've been on business travel since I got the phone and even on roaming, jumping between 4G, 3G and 2G, heavy e-mailing, pictures, notes, games to kill time on the in-betweens, I still have enough juice to watch a movie at the end of the day.
    SR45 likes this.
    03-12-2016 08:16 PM
    I am getting 7 hours SOT over 24 hours usage. Web browsing, hangouts, YouTube, some picture taking, about an hour of gaming (Crashlands and Downwell).

Auto brightness on Adaptive mode with Verizon debloated. Mostly WiFi.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    03-12-2016 08:59 PM
    Yup. Satisfied. Not uber-impressed (does anything impress us anymore?) but definitely not disappointed. It lasts a day without problems, even while traveling. I'm happy. I do have to get used to the edges, though...keep pressing them accidentally and causing things to activate without meaning to.
    03-12-2016 09:28 PM
    SpookDroid likes this.
    03-12-2016 09:57 PM
    Music works fine for me over bluetooth, but have heard others with your complaint. Wonder if its a MM issue?
    I've had this issue with 2 phones so far, the LG G4 (which I returned), and my Nexus 6P.

However, it's not happening with the S7 Edge.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-12-2016 11:51 PM
    Trade it in for an iPhone 6s Plus
    03-13-2016 02:49 PM
    The music is a big deal. All my music is here, I don't listen to radio or cds. I have about 175gb of music on this SD card and that's my one and only music source.
    What music app you're using?
    03-13-2016 02:53 PM
    Trade it in for an iPhone 6s Plus
    I really like the iPhone 6S Plus because for the most part, everything just works as it should. But productivity wise for day to day things I need like conference calls, quick calls to my contacts, etc., it takes 5 steps to do most frequent things that with Nova launcher on top of any Android phone, I can do with a single or at most 2 steps. It's screen is also really bad compared to the AMOLED screens of many Android phones. Android Auto is also a lot more intuitive than Apple Car Play. So I'm willing to live with issues that I need to troubleshoot.

JHStewart1023 and SpookDroid like this.
    03-13-2016 02:53 PM
    I really like the iPhone 6S Plus because for the most part, everything just works as it should. But productivity wise for day to day things I need like conference calls, quick calls to my contacts, etc., it takes 5 steps to do most frequent things that with Nova launcher on top of any Android phone, I can do with a single or at most 2 steps. It's screen is also really bad compared to the AMOLED screens of many Android phones. Android Auto is also a lot more intuitive than Apple Car Play. So I'm willing to live with issues that I need to troubleshoot.

Exactly!! Agreed. Just like I used the 6s plus despite what I disliked about the phone.

03-13-2016 03:26 PM
    Exactly!! Agreed. Just like I used the 6s plus despite what I disliked about the phone.

Yup, I think people should use whatever phone is the best compromise based on their needs. None of these flagships these days are bad phones.

03-13-2016 03:53 PM
    But what's great is Android can do so much more than Apple can.

03-13-2016 06:02 PM
    Several times my messaging app has glitched . it freezes and I have to force close it
    03-13-2016 09:48 PM
    What music app you're using?
    I've tried player pro, neutron, poweramp and several others. None except Google music will display correctly. Not even Samsung music.
    03-14-2016 02:38 AM
    My Bluetooth Experiences:

So I finally got the S7 Edge, and it's connected to a 2015 Chrysler with the Uconnect system and my Gear S2 Classic. I use Google Play Music for music, and it worked as expected. Shows the name of the artist, song, album, but no artwork. However I have had a Note 4, iPhone 6, Nexus 6, and V10 and none of them have showed artwork, must be a Chrysler thing. It actually works way better than the Note 4 and V10 did, on par with the Nexus 6, but with a better Bluetooth strength. Songs play and pause without error. My V10 would work, but it would constantly get messed up, or show the wrong information.

I did also try it with the Sirius XM app. Here I did see a slight bit of weirdness. At first, it played the audio through the car, but did not show "Howard Stern" on the Uconnect system, it just showed the name of my phone. I looked at my watch, and it showed Howard Stern and the artwork, but had a Play symbol like it was paused, although the audio was going. So I hit the Play button on my S2, and it turned to a pause symbol. Then I hit it again, and it played the music and corrected the information on the screen of the Uconnect system. No issues after that. Even when I turned the car off, got coffee, came back in, started it up and it went right back to playing Howard Stern and having all the expected information.

Also very impressed with Battery Life
    03-14-2016 08:32 AM
    Hopefully it's fixed with an update.
    This is not an error or a bug. This is how Marshmallow is supposed to function. Samsung chose to remove adopted storage from the UI, and this is a remnant of that.

I guess Samsung could remove this, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    03-14-2016 08:51 AM
    I got android auto working 100% turns out it was the usb extension cable I was using, turns out it wasn't the fault of google or Samsung, I simply eliminated the cable and all is well now! I also am getting much much better battery life, twitter sync was a battery usage culprit, I turned off the sync and battery life has greatly improved. I am extremely happy with this device now
    03-14-2016 09:21 AM
    No matter what app I use or what songs, settings, folders I use, it doesn't send the current info to Bluetooth.
    Works fine 2016 BMW M3 with enhanced Bluetooth option. Track info and album art all come across.
    03-16-2016 06:00 PM
    @OP - I am not really with my purchase either. I wish it had a 6 inch screen. I came from a Note 4 which i loved. Anyways, certain things i noticed really upset me.

First, it didn't come with a default music, video player, and voice recorder app. I was beyond LIVID. I never use the Samsung store and so glad i went in to browse because i was able to download Samsung's proprietary apps for my music, videos, and voice recording. People who aren't tech savvy won't do this and will assume Samsung tricked consumers and hate the device because they cannot locate the icons when browsing through their apps. Certain consumers will take it at face value that it is either there or it isn't.

Second, you cannot block people anymore. I have one contact who is evil as HELL and the "AUTO REJECT LIST" option is not available in the contacts app anymore. Yes, i know i can remove this person, but i get a certain pleasure knowing i can block instead.

Third, there is no option anymore to change the text message style bubbles. All previous versions had this and now it is not there anymore. One could previously change to different colors and bubble sizes. Very frustrating.

Forth, LIVE WALLPAPERS are gone. I like having different wallpaper options. Ughhh!!!

Fifth, the panels/home screens now have no transition options. There use to be an option where one can pick "3D ROTATION" or "CARD STACK". Also, the home panels now cannot keep going when you swipe to the left. If you have 5 home panels, you can only scroll 5 times and it stops. The same with the app panel page. If you have 3 panels full of apps, it'll only let you scroll 3 times. I like having the option that after scrolling to the end it goes to the 1st page. Instead i need to scroll all the way backwards in order to get to the beginning.

Sixth, flashlight widget is gone. Why? I have no idea.

Seven, the "HIDE APP" feature is gone. I came from a Note 4 and it offered "HIDE APP". That is such a great feature. Sometimes people have nosey friends who wanna browse and riffle through your gallery to see if you have naughty photos and HIDE APP was great to hide the gallery icon so nosey friends can't intrude and now its gone. Why? I have no idea.

Eighth, my Gmail doesn't sync new email unless I hit refresh 3 or 4 times.

Ninth, the battery loses 10% just sitting there for 2 hours and I don't even touch it. My Note 4 didn't do that and the Note 4 has a smaller battery than the S7 Edge.

Tenth, I noticed that I have issued scrolling web pages because my index finger is holding the phone by the sides which bothers the curved edges where normal phones with no curved edges doesn't have this issue. The curved screen is making my browsing experience awful.

I know my review sounds negative, but i am just not pleased. I just find it odd when they remove features that people love and are functional features. On the plus side, it does seem like it isn't cluttered with bloatware and the battery size has increased. I guess you win some and then lose some. One can never have it all. I am returning to my Note 4 once I get my free VR gift and throwing this thing to the side.
    03-16-2016 06:16 PM
    @OP - I am not really with my purchase either. I wish it had a 6 inch screen. I came from a Note 4 which i loved. Anyways, certain things i noticed really upset me.

First, it didn't come with a default music, video player, and voice recorder app. I was beyond LIVID. I never use the Samsung store and so glad i went in to browse because i was able to download Samsung's proprietary apps for my music, videos, and voice recording. People who aren't tech savvy won't do this and will assume Samsung tricked consumers and hate the device because they cannot locate the icons when browsing through their apps. Certain consumers will take it at face value that it is either there or it isn't.

Second, you cannot block people anymore. I have one contact who is evil as HELL and the "AUTO REJECT LIST" option is not available in the contacts app anymore. Yes, i know i can remove this person, but i get a certain pleasure knowing i can block instead.

Third, there is no option anymore to change the text message style bubbles. All previous versions had this and now it is not there anymore. One could previously change to different colors and bubble sizes. Very frustrating.

Forth, LIVE WALLPAPERS are gone. I like having different wallpaper options. Ughhh!!!

Fifth, the panels/home screens now have no transition options. There use to be an option where one can pick "3D ROTATION" or "CARD STACK". Also, the home panels now cannot keep going when you swipe to the left. If you have 5 home panels, you can only scroll 5 times and it stops. The same with the app panel page. If you have 3 panels full of apps, it'll only let you scroll 3 times. I like having the option that after scrolling to the end it goes to the 1st page. Instead i need to scroll all the way backwards in order to get to the beginning.

Sixth, flashlight widget is gone. Why? I have no idea.

Seven, the "HIDE APP" feature is gone. I came from a Note 4 and it offered "HIDE APP". That is such a great feature. Sometimes people have nosey friends who wanna browse and riffle through your gallery to see if you have naughty photos and HIDE APP was great to hide the gallery icon so nosey friends can't intrude and now its gone. Why? I have no idea.

Eighth, my Gmail doesn't sync new email unless I hit refresh 3 or 4 times.

Ninth, the battery loses 10% just sitting there for 2 hours and I don't even touch it. My Note 4 didn't do that and the Note 4 has a smaller battery than the S7 Edge.

Tenth, I noticed that I have issued scrolling web pages because my index finger is holding the phone by the sides which bothers the curved edges where normal phones with no curved edges doesn't have this issue. The curved screen is making my browsing experience awful.

I know my review sounds negative, but i am just not pleased. I just find it odd when they remove features that people love and are functional features. On the plus side, it does seem like it isn't cluttered with bloatware and the battery size has increased. I guess you win some and then lose some. One can never have it all. I am returning to my Note 4 once I get my free VR gift and throwing this thing to the side.
    In regards to the highlighted - because it is a toggle in the quick settings. That's not the same as a widget of course, but it is quick access.
    03-16-2016 06:31 PM
58 123