03-17-2016 09:53 PM
58 123
tools
    Haven't had a galaxy since the s3 (used LG since).

A few things.

The led doesn't always flash and the led apps such as light flow don't work.

Every single time the phone reboots or restarts, it seems to feel the need to tell me I am using an SD card.

The biggest issue -> music!

No matter what app I use or what songs, settings, folders I use, it doesn't send the current info to Bluetooth. I know it's not the car I have (2016 wrx) as my g4 and my wife's old v10 displayed perfectly. Her car doesn't display her s7 edge info either (2015 wrx with a different stock stereo).

Idk if I should just return this and stick with the g4. Or is there a fix?
    03-10-2016 02:18 PM
    seems like very small issues to me. but the music one, I notice that also. oh well. not giving up this for that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    rdrive41071 likes this.
    03-10-2016 02:36 PM
    seems like very small issues to me. but the music one, I notice that also. oh well. not giving up this for that.

The music is a big deal. All my music is here, I don't listen to radio or cds. I have about 175gb of music on this SD card and that's my one and only music source.
    03-10-2016 02:50 PM
    I am also annoyed about the SD card notification. Next reboot I will long-press the notification and choose to hide it. I'll let you know if this works.

Also, I heard that the BT song info was actually working with the S7. Would have to look into it more. I don't use BT so..
    03-10-2016 02:59 PM
    The battery is not lasting any longer than my S5 has....guess I will just need to have a few chargers along the way...
    Phone is running very hot...LED doesn't work for all apps and LED apps aren't working...maybe a marshmellow issue...
    Another thing my FB birthdays and events are NOT syncing up and or showing up on my calendar....Anyone have any suggestions???
    03-10-2016 03:10 PM
    I am also annoyed about the SD card notification. Next reboot I will long-press the notification and choose to hide it. I'll let you know if this works.

Also, I heard that the BT song info was actually working with the S7. Would have to look into it more. I don't use BT so..
    The music works in both our cars, however it only display the information properly in our 2015 vehicle. The 2011 vehicle - in which the phone connects for bluetooth through the vehicle, but we need to use a TuneAir 2 adapter for music - the music info does not appear properly. But it never has on any Android phone I've used - only the iPhone.
    03-10-2016 03:59 PM
    The music works in both our cars, however it only display the information properly in our 2015 vehicle. The 2011 vehicle - in which the phone connects for bluetooth through the vehicle, but we need to use a TuneAir 2 adapter for music - the music info does not appear properly. But it never has on any Android phone I've used - only the iPhone.
    What kind of vehicle is the 15?
    03-10-2016 04:12 PM
    Working for me too. 2015 Mercedes-Benz

03-10-2016 04:44 PM
    What apps?
    03-10-2016 04:55 PM
    What do you mean it won't show the info? Like the music plays in the car over Bluetooth but the song and artist info do not display? What does the screen show?

03-10-2016 05:01 PM
    What do you mean it won't show the info? Like the music plays in the car over Bluetooth but the song and artist info do not display? What does the screen show?

The screen in the car will show the 1st song on connection, but it will not update with the changing of tracks.
    03-10-2016 05:04 PM
    Oh no.. That's not good. I also stream BT from my phone's music collection.

My G4, S6 Edge Plus, and V10 worked fine on my 2015 WRX.

I hope the S7 Edge will work too...
    03-10-2016 05:04 PM

Wife says Google play will display in her 15, but she said it disconnects often. Other apps won't update the track like mine.
    03-10-2016 06:01 PM
    Music works fine for me over bluetooth, but have heard others with your complaint. Wonder if its a MM issue?
    03-10-2016 06:28 PM
    Music works fine for me over bluetooth, but have heard others with your complaint. Wonder if its a MM issue?
    What music app? What kind of car?
    03-10-2016 06:30 PM
    So I long-pressed the notification.. It's coming from System, so I can't mute those because I would miss too many important things. Oh, well. It's not something dire, just an annoyance on boot.
    03-10-2016 07:06 PM
    So I long-pressed the notification.. It's coming from System, so I can't mute those because I would miss too many important things. Oh, well. It's not something dire, just an annoyance on boot.
    Hopefully it's fixed with an update.
    03-10-2016 07:12 PM
    Such as?

P.S. Info working fie in my sister's 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid w/ the Infiniti system. No idea about my Audi since I'm visiting family here. I'll let you know how that works out.
    03-10-2016 07:23 PM
    Audi A4.
    03-11-2016 05:51 AM
    My Bluetooth works just fine in the car, 2015 Nissan Rogue. Info also displays properly. At first with using the headphones that plug in, when tapping the buttons it would use the Google play music app instead of Spotify which is what I was listening to. A quick reboot helped. Maybe it's just a few bugs due to the newness of the phone.
    I am also annoyed about the SD card notification but after the first week or so I don't think I'll be restarting my phone too often.

Posted via AC App from my Galaxy S7 Edge
    03-11-2016 06:50 AM
    Such as?

P.S. Info working fie in my sister's 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid w/ the Infiniti system. No idea about my Audi since I'm visiting family here. I'll let you know how that works out.
    Not sure, but I don't want to find out.
    03-11-2016 07:54 AM

That would be a problem for me too. My Moto phones (Maxx HD, Droid Turbo) have shown song title, artist, and album cover art in my F150, my Ram 1500, and my wife's Nissan Altima.
    03-11-2016 10:28 AM
    Whew! Got my phone today and BT audio works great with names and even album art. I have a 2016 Tacoma.

03-11-2016 09:02 PM
    Haven't had a galaxy since the s3 (used LG since).

A few things.

The led doesn't always flash and the led apps such as light flow don't work.

Every single time the phone reboots or restarts, it seems to feel the need to tell me I am using an SD card.

The biggest issue -> music!

No matter what app I use or what songs, settings, folders I use, it doesn't send the current info to Bluetooth. I know it's not the car I have (2016 wrx) as my g4 and my wife's old v10 displayed perfectly. Her car doesn't display her s7 edge info either (2015 wrx with a different stock stereo).

Idk if I should just return this and stick with the g4. Or is there a fix?
    As for music: mine works fine with both Ford Sync in my wife's 2013 Ford Kuga (Escape for you Americans :-) and the stereo in my 2014 VW Speedwagon. All the song info is displayed.

That said: Google introduced some nasty Bluetooth issues with marshmallow. I never got titles etc. working on my former Nexus 6 P
    03-11-2016 11:26 PM
    The BT thing it's everyone's fault. It's a different BT thing in Marshmallow but it's also old firmware on car systems. Mazda 3 with latest firmware and my S7 Edge works without issues.

My battery is lasting longer than a Note 5 (which was already impressive), and no issues with LED so far. Samsung phones and Lightflow have never been best friends at launch, but that's usually Lightflow's 'fault'. Wait a couple of weeks for their app update and it should work fine.

G4 camera doesn't stand a chance against the S7... and the G4 camera was awesome. Autofocus is ridiculously fast and low light shots are a lot better and clearer.

All the annoying warnings and safety messages from Samsung (like the volume level and SD card at each reboot) I can live with. They've been there for quite a while in Samsung, so nothing new.
    03-12-2016 01:04 AM
58 123