I've been only on iPhones since the 3GS. I'm entrenched in an Apple ecosystem but I'm so bored with it. It's a great system but I'm ready for more freedom and a change.

I keep hearing horror stories of how bad android is etc but after watching many YouTube videos the S7 E and Marshmallow looks really cool. I am nervous switching thinking I'll regret it but I'm so tired of the same old same old. Frankly since jobs died Apple lost its innovation imo.

Can anyone here who has switched from iOS to android tell me your experiences pro or con about what you like about android or dislike about iOS? Will I regret switching from my iPhone 6s Plus for a s7e?

Thanks much!
    03-10-2016 10:03 PM
    I made the switch from the iPhone 6S+ to an S7 Edge and it's been great so far. I miss the battery life the most, but there are so many features on Android that are simply too good to pass up. There will be things you will miss, but I believe the fast charging, wireless charging, SD card expansion, water resistance, screen quality, camera quality, and ergonomics if the S7 Edge will win you over.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-10-2016 11:11 PM
    I've been only on iPhones since the 3GS. I'm entrenched in an Apple ecosystem but I'm so bored with it. It's a great system but I'm ready for more freedom and a change.

I keep hearing horror stories of how bad android is etc but after watching many YouTube videos the S7 E and Marshmallow looks really cool. I am nervous switching thinking I'll regret it but I'm so tired of the same old same old. Frankly since jobs died Apple lost its innovation imo.

Can anyone here who has switched from iOS to android tell me your experiences pro or con about what you like about android or dislike about iOS? Will I regret switching from my iPhone 6s Plus for a s7e?

Thanks much!
    First off, welcome! Now that's out of the way , you won't regret switching IF you're ready to learn and make use of all the widgets and customization possible. If you're only interested in a smart phone for calling, emailing, and just using apps, the iPhone can't be beat. But, if you want to start molding your phone to fit your uses and don't mind putting in work to make it happen, Android is heads and shoulders above anything Apple will allow you to do. That's the biggest difference in terms of setting your phone up. Apple allows you to do things. Also, the hardware and design is amazing with the S7E.
    03-10-2016 11:18 PM
    First off, welcome! Now that's out of the way , you won't regret switching IF you're ready to learn and make use of all the widgets and customization possible. If you're only interested in a smart phone for calling, emailing, and just using apps, the iPhone can't be beat. But, if you want to start molding your phone to fit your uses and don't mind putting in work to make it happen, Android is heads and shoulders above anything Apple will allow you to do. That's the biggest difference in terms of setting your phone up. Apple allows you to do things. Also, the hardware and design is amazing with the S7E.
    wow, I switched from Android to IOS, had totally no idea why there are such huge android fanS since IOS is so convenient (is it too wild a speech in an Android forums :P) until I saw this thread, finally got the reason!

KimJongOMG's got a great point. For someone who is only interested in calling, emailing and apps, iPhone is a perfect choice, no worries for nothing. just install-use-uninstall.
    Sounds that android allow a customized smart phone for only oneself. But if you're too lazy a person (like me), all the widgets, SD card things might get you dizzy.

Anyway, it's always exciting to try something unfamiliar isn't it. And you can always switch back XD

Really look forward to hear from your experience with Android @Michael 7-year ios user, WOW
    03-10-2016 11:41 PM
    wow, I switched from Android to IOS, had totally no idea why there are such huge android fanS since IOS is so convenient (is it too wild a speech in an Android forums :P) until I saw this thread, finally got the reason!

KimJongOMG's got a great point. For someone who is only interested in calling, emailing and apps, iPhone is a perfect choice, no worries for nothing. just install-use-uninstall.
    Sounds that android allow a customized smart phone for only oneself. But if you're too lazy a person (like me), all the widgets, SD card things might get you dizzy.

Anyway, it's always exciting to try something unfamiliar isn't it. And you can always switch back XD

Really look forward to hear from your experience with Android @Michael 7-year ios user, WOW
    I always say the iPhone is for the person that wants a good to go smartphone out of the box. An Android is a smartphone you have to "build" yourself. Put in the labor, reap the benefits.
    Dukins likes this.
    03-10-2016 11:53 PM
    I always end up going back to iOS. Hoping this phone keeps me away.
    03-10-2016 11:55 PM
    I always say the iPhone is for the person that wants a good to go smartphone out of the box. An Android is a smartphone you have to "build" yourself. Put in the labor, reap the benefits.
    lol, no wonder why most of the iPhone users of my friends are ladies and Androids' are super cool geeks XD
    no offense to no one
    03-11-2016 12:12 AM
    lol, no wonder why most of the iPhone users of my friends are ladies and Androids' are super cool geeks XD
    no offense to no one
    Since I use both, does that make me a super cool geek lady?

BTW, welcome to the community!
    03-11-2016 12:15 AM
    Since I use both, does that make me a super cool geek lady?

BTW, welcome to the community!
    03-11-2016 12:17 AM
    Thanks i usually jailbreak every year and love the customization with themes and widgets so android doesn't intimidate me that way. I'm more concerned about it not having the smooth, fast, cool and long battery life I've always loved about Apples hardware and software integration. I mean if Apple put a 8 core 4gb ram the thing would be unbelievable. I'm amazed at the scores their dual core 2gb ram produce, granted the lower rez screens, but still they make efficient machines. Ram mgt and stuttering have never been a issue on Apple for me. I'm just bored with iOS!
    Thanks.
    03-11-2016 01:25 AM
    Thanks i usually jailbreak every year and love the customization with themes and widgets so android doesn't intimidate me that way. I'm more concerned about it not having the smooth, fast, cool and long battery life I've always loved about Apples hardware and software integration. I mean if Apple put a 8 core 4gb ram the thing would be unbelievable. I'm amazed at the scores their dual core 2gb ram produce, granted the lower rez screens, but still they make efficient machines. Ram mgt and stuttering have never been a issue on Apple for me. I'm just bored with iOS!
    Thanks.
    You can't beat iPhone when it comes to optimization. The iPhones are the best mass consumer examples of what proper optimization can do when it comes to smartphones, hell computing in general. The S7 Edge will not be as smooth and you will experience stuttering here and there. Luckily Marshmallow really fixed many of the RAM management issues of Lollipop but there is still a tiny bit here and there. The S7s are pretty much on par with the 6S+ when it comes to speed and the battery life is as good, for me, right now. Since I've only had the S7E for a day now and the battery life is similar, I know the S7E will surpass the battery life of my 6S+ within a few weeks. The S7E IMHO is a jailbroken iPhone with a much more beautiful design, killer display, and an amazing camera. I get to customize as much as I want without jailbreaking the phone and maintain my warranty.
    03-11-2016 01:32 AM
    I don't think you will see battery life quite as good as the 6S+, at least I haven't yet. But the battery life is the best I've seen on android and gets you through the day with no issues. I use both, so I can't really speak to compromises, but the S7 edge is very fast and fluid, and the ergonomics are incredible. You can't believe you are holding a phone with the same screen size. This pic doesn't even do it justice.

03-11-2016 01:47 AM
    Sold my 6S Plus. My S7 Edge feels better in my hand. It is slightly narrower, slightly shorter, and way lighter. Makes it feel like a "normal" sized phone, not one with a 5.5 Quad HD screen. Hope Samsung sells millions. I go back and forth between Android and Iphone for the best phone. This one is the best phone out there now.
    03-11-2016 04:22 AM