10-25-2016 05:33 PM
59 123
tools
    So this is actually a thing. I was dumbfounded when my 3 week old S7 randomly appeared completely fried, not even responsive to charging (with having 75% battery moments before). What was I doing? Well I had just plugged the phone into the new VR Gear, and was installing about 10 things at once as promted. So yes, maybe overheating?
    04-03-2016 12:58 PM
    I just had the same problem with my 4 day old S7 Edge too. I had just got on a train, clicked on a link to a Twitter post from Whatsapp and it froze for about 15 seconds then died and wouldn't come back to life! I plugged in the phone for a few minutes then pressed the down volume, power and home buttons simultaneously and this seems to have worked for me too. My phone lives again - thank goodness! Thanks guys! :-)
    04-12-2016 08:32 AM
    My phone did the same thing while downloading a bunch of Oculus VR apps. The Oculus app said to let the phone cool down, I ejected it from the headset and it looked like it died, I had to do the Power + Volume button reset. Now it's up and running.
    04-16-2016 02:31 PM
    I had this happen on my first 7E - but has not happened yet on my 3rd.
    04-16-2016 03:46 PM
    I've had mine suddenly go off before. It was off for a good 5 mins while I tried to figure out how to get it working. I tried a few different things like holding a volume button down with the home button too ect.. Worked in the end but I thought it was a brick at first.

Posted via S7 edge ๐Ÿ˜
    04-16-2016 04:05 PM
    My S7 had been on a black screen for a few hours before I decided to google search a remedy with "my s7 died" in the search bar. I found the link to this site and took your advice, I held both up & down volume, home, and power keys all at once then my phone powered up. Thank you, life saver!!!
    04-18-2016 03:50 AM
    This just happened on mine again today. It had been on the side for a while and women I went to use it it was off. Wouldn't turn back on. Eventually after holding down the power button and volume down key it powered up. Can't understand why it's doing it. It's be software related.

Posted via S7 edge ๐Ÿ˜
    04-18-2016 05:26 AM
    Just got my VR. Phone is bricked
    04-25-2016 05:52 PM
    Well, Saturday mind went bad. Started with screen flickering and then going black. While on the phone with Verizon it shut down and was dead. I have a new one on the way, but I hope this is not going to turn out to be an ongoing issue with this new phone. I love the phone coming from a S4, but I never had this problem before.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-25-2016 06:57 PM
    I got my Samsung S7 Edge on 7 March 2016. On 5 May it died completely with 60% charge. It was still warm charging so it suggests that power was getting to it. No combination of ANY buttons pressed in ANY order for ANY length of time has brought it back to life. Very disappointing as it's my third Samsung phone and all previous phones have been great. I'm contacting the mobile phone company who supplied it to see if I can get a replacement.
    05-06-2016 03:03 AM
    Thats correct, NEVER download a file on a low battery. Yesterday, when I downloaded the Verizon update, i lost 10% battery life for the complete download, start to finish. Only reason I didn't plug it in, is because I had 68% on the S7 edge before the update. I knew I had plenty of power.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-07-2016 07:37 AM
    I had the same problem. Just took the phone out of my pocket and it was dead. Thanks for the fix. All is well now. It's a bug with all S7 edges it seems so no point in exchanging it.
    05-20-2016 02:03 AM
    I believe this scenario happened to me last night. Took phone off of wireless charger before going to bed, and it was at 42%. Out of habit, I turn on Power Saving Mode at night and turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, sync & location. Woke up this morning to a completely drained phone. This has NEVER happened before. My battery life, up until this, has never been a problem.

I'll see how today goes...
    05-20-2016 09:16 AM
    Cheers for this fix buddy...mine did the same thing today!!! Was in a right panic!
    05-28-2016 02:44 PM
    I had the same problem. Just took the phone out of my pocket and it was dead. Thanks for the fix. All is well now. It's a bug with all S7 edges it seems so no point in exchanging it.
    I've never had this problem so you can't say it's a bug with all S7 edges. Easy thing to state.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    05-28-2016 03:07 PM
    After two weeks my S7 kept rebooting. managed to do a factory reset and it started working again. This weekend first i used it with Gear VR. Then I send a whatsapp message. After that Phone completely went black. After a night recharging i tried press and hold down together the volume up and down buttons along with the home and power button as stated in this topic. No luck. Also tried other combinations, No Luck. I'm going to return Phone today.

UPDATE: Brought my S7 back to store. Discovered that I had be using my old S5 power adapter which won't work when your S7 is completely empty. Complete empty S7 can only be charged with fast charger coming with S7. Unfortunately only Samsung logo appeared in store when connected to S7 charger, still no full boot. Therefor decided to return it for repair
    06-06-2016 03:29 AM
    This thread is terrifying...
    Lol
    06-06-2016 04:06 AM
    this happened to me on the FIRST day I received my phone. Got a replacement right away with no issues. This has to be isolated to a few amount of people.
    06-06-2016 04:48 PM
    yes sir Dude, same to me. Lets cry the All Button Pressed solution for everyone
    06-07-2016 06:56 PM
    Thanks! You just saved my day!
    06-13-2016 02:29 PM
    I just had this happen, but I wasn't using Oculus.

I use my phone as my alarm clock. It woke me up fine, I dismissed the alarm, and set the phone down for about an hour and a half. When I picked it up, it was unresponsive. That was about 3 hours ago.

I plugged it in when I got to work, still no response. I put it in my purse, figuring I'd just go to the T-Mobile store later. I found this thread and tried holding all the buttons down and it came on just fine. The battery is at 73% and the phone was hot when I picked it up, so it was definitely still on, just playing dead.

I just got this phone less than a month ago. I really hope this isn't indicative of my future with it. :-

Thanks to the original poster for updating with a solution!
    07-07-2016 11:43 AM
    Just a quick update. I managed to get the phone to come back on. I plugged it into the charger for about 2 hours and was messing with all of the buttons with no response. I then decided to press and hold down together the volume up and down buttons along with the home and power button and viola it came back to life. Seems to be working ok and battery is now 100% charged even though it never indicated it was charging when it was plugged in. Just wanted to post in case someone else runs into this problem.
    I had this happen to mine. I put it on the wireless charger came back to it 10 minutes later it was dead. No matter what button combination or I even plugged in the regular charging cable I tried nothing happened. I let it sit over night in the morning plugged it in and it responded. I let it charge to 100%. Funny thing was it had 70% battery when I put on the charging stand. I had att replace it.
    07-07-2016 06:35 PM
    Same happened to me just now. I read your post and pressed on all buttons like you said and... voila!
    07-27-2016 04:19 PM
    I had this happen to mine. I put it on the wireless charger came back to it 10 minutes later it was dead. No matter what button combination or I even plugged in the regular charging cable I tried nothing happened. I let it sit over night in the morning plugged it in and it responded. I let it charge to 100%. Funny thing was it had 70% battery when I put on the charging stand. I had att replace it.
    After 4 months since i bought s7 edge, today my fone got dead out of noo where while in pocket. The battery was supposed to be at 70%. Charged it, connected to laptop nothing happened. Went to the repair shop they just opened the back cover unplugged the battery and connected it again. My fon was alive again. Disappointed to read the fix after that. Now my phone is opened. Hope so it is still water resistant but i dont think soo.. ๐Ÿ˜ญ very very depressed.
    08-02-2016 02:03 PM
    You saved my sanity!! Thanks for this post as I was driving the kids to school for their first day and my phone just died. Came home and Googled the problem and it brought me straight to your thread! Appreciate the posts...
    08-03-2016 07:44 AM
59 123