My S7 Edge just died completely

Jan Spruit

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
After two weeks my S7 kept rebooting. managed to do a factory reset and it started working again. This weekend first i used it with Gear VR. Then I send a whatsapp message. After that Phone completely went black. After a night recharging i tried press and hold down together the volume up and down buttons along with the home and power button as stated in this topic. No luck. Also tried other combinations, No Luck. I'm going to return Phone today. :(

UPDATE: Brought my S7 back to store. Discovered that I had be using my old S5 power adapter which won't work when your S7 is completely empty. Complete empty S7 can only be charged with fast charger coming with S7. Unfortunately only Samsung logo appeared in store when connected to S7 charger, still no full boot. Therefor decided to return it for repair

Last edited:

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
this happened to me on the FIRST day I received my phone. Got a replacement right away with no issues. This has to be isolated to a few amount of people.

Jennanik

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
I just had this happen, but I wasn't using Oculus.

I use my phone as my alarm clock. It woke me up fine, I dismissed the alarm, and set the phone down for about an hour and a half. When I picked it up, it was unresponsive. That was about 3 hours ago.

I plugged it in when I got to work, still no response. I put it in my purse, figuring I'd just go to the T-Mobile store later. I found this thread and tried holding all the buttons down and it came on just fine. The battery is at 73% and the phone was hot when I picked it up, so it was definitely still on, just playing dead.

I just got this phone less than a month ago. I really hope this isn't indicative of my future with it. :-

Thanks to the original poster for updating with a solution!

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick update. I managed to get the phone to come back on. I plugged it into the charger for about 2 hours and was messing with all of the buttons with no response. I then decided to press and hold down together the volume up and down buttons along with the home and power button and viola it came back to life. Seems to be working ok and battery is now 100% charged even though it never indicated it was charging when it was plugged in. Just wanted to post in case someone else runs into this problem.
I had this happen to mine. I put it on the wireless charger came back to it 10 minutes later it was dead. No matter what button combination or I even plugged in the regular charging cable I tried nothing happened. I let it sit over night in the morning plugged it in and it responded. I let it charge to 100%. Funny thing was it had 70% battery when I put on the charging stand. I had att replace it.

Aryian123

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I had this happen to mine. I put it on the wireless charger came back to it 10 minutes later it was dead. No matter what button combination or I even plugged in the regular charging cable I tried nothing happened. I let it sit over night in the morning plugged it in and it responded. I let it charge to 100%. Funny thing was it had 70% battery when I put on the charging stand. I had att replace it.
After 4 months since i bought s7 edge, today my fone got dead out of noo where while in pocket. The battery was supposed to be at 70%. Charged it, connected to laptop nothing happened. Went to the repair shop they just opened the back cover unplugged the battery and connected it again. My fon was alive again. Disappointed to read the fix after that. Now my phone is opened. Hope so it is still water resistant but i dont think soo.. 😭 very very depressed.

rpyee

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
You saved my sanity!! Thanks for this post as I was driving the kids to school for their first day and my phone just died. Came home and Googled the problem and it brought me straight to your thread! Appreciate the posts...

Graham Berg

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
My 3 wk old s7 edge died completely seven days ago while I was out of the country. None of the forced button restart options worked. I shipped the phone off to a Samsung Support Center last Monday. Hopefully I'll get it back at the end of the week.

soyunespia

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
The same hapened to me 2 days ago, but unfortunately it didn´t woke up with any buttons combination.
Went to the dealer, and i´m suposed to get a new replacement within a week.

Purchased it in Buenos Aires, Argentina, cost me about USD 1000

Opening the phone is not a solution, we might get a new one. Out of question....

Roynato

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Damn... this is a terrifying thread indeed...

We can maybe try and look for some common factors.
I see a lot of posts talking about the problem happening when messing around with Gear VR.
What else? any other update or something that you guys remembered doing?

You guys got me freaked out now :eek:

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Since this issue showed up on a newly purchased phone, I would go to a service center (the chip may be faulty).
Though the phone is now up & running, I would recommend you to check the same.
Also perform a 'Wipe Cache Partition' via Recovery Menu.

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure what *most* of you are experiencing is a pretty common android problem. Usually the power button+volume up fixes it. It usually happens when the battery gets drained too low. So I wouldn't worry about returning any phones if charging for a couple hours fixed it or if power+volume up revived it.

Ogeron

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Same thing happened to me today, and the posted fix worked straight away, thank you! The only out of the ordinary thing that happened before it died is that I had a notification of a firmware update - I hadn't downloaded it though.

Can9 SA

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I followed your suggestion after pushing buttons to no avail when my phone died. Took it out of it's protective cover and then held down all the buttons suggested above. Voila it came back on ... the little green arrow within the battery icon showed it was again alive and had started to charge. Thank goodness as I LOVE this cell phone and camera. I know I caused it to die by taking photos outside in the dark.So it didn't just die... it's human operator had a hand in it. But not responding when it was plugged in was scary. Until I googled the subject and tried this person's suggestion. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz