Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Recording 240fps Video

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Does the S7 automatically record 720p video @ 240fps or is there a setting you have to change? I've looked everywhere but can't find it for the life of me.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Recording 240fps Video

I guess. Once you record in SloMo, you select the playback speed (1/2, 1/4, 1/8) in the video editor, but no option like before to select the speed before you record. Bummer, I thought you would be able to record at FullHD at least at 120fps. SloMo in the Galaxy line still sucks, then.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Oh, that's just the SloMo option (or Mode, rather). I don't know how to check the framerate in the phone itself, but when recording in that mode, video size is 1080x720. Then on video editor you can select the playback speed up to 240fps.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Here's my recording mode option. Does it look different from what you folks have? I have a Verizon variant.

zljnbiQ.png

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

That's what I meant by 'Mode'. SloMo is NOT in those options, it's a separate Camera Mode (Like Auto, Panorama, Pro, etc.)

The main settings you're looking at are for 'normal' video and 60fps at 1080p or 30fps at higher resolutions are supported. For 720p at 240fps you need to select the Slow Motion mode, which doesn't give you any options for speed or resolution, it just does it automagically.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

That's what I meant by 'Mode'. SloMo is NOT in those options, it's a separate Camera Mode (Like Auto, Panorama, Pro, etc.)

The main settings you're looking at are for 'normal' video and 60fps at 1080p or 30fps at higher resolutions are supported. For 720p at 240fps you need to select the Slow Motion mode, which doesn't give you any options for speed or resolution, it just does it automagically.

Yeah a member pointed that out and I found it; it was hiding under my thumb the entire time. I need to start holding my phone differently. Thanks for your help spook.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha glad we could help. I'm still struggling with my fat thumbs trying to to hit the sides of the screen and causing random inputs. The case helps, though...

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hahaha glad we could help. I'm still struggling with my fat thumbs trying to to hit the sides of the screen and causing random inputs. The case helps, though...

Yeah the phone is impossible to use without a case for me. I tried yesterday and gave up after a few hours. I also have a habit of holding the phone in 1 hand and using my thumb to stabilize it but it covers the left hand corner of the phone. I really need to break that habit...