07-05-2017 11:22 AM
139 1234 ...
tools
    Definitely not the same glass on my 6s. I pocket my phone everyday without screen protector and always have crap in my pocket. No scratches for 6 months. Definitely a cheaper glass is used by the widespread reports. Glassgate
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-11-2016 03:49 PM
    We're nothing like Indiana Jones. Very rarely we're like the bottom ones, too. Most of my job is typing up technical reports. It's rather boring, actually.
    03-11-2016 05:02 PM
    Oh, I don't dispute that - and if there were an acceptable tempered glass protector available of the S7E, I'd have it. But there isn't, so go with the next best thing. Better some protection than none at all. (And if the the weak-*** glass protectors that were made available for the S6E+ are any indication, there will not be an acceptable tempered glass protector for the S7E.)
    I've been waiting since the S6 Edge. Still waiting.

Definitely not the same glass on my 6s. I pocket my phone everyday without screen protector and always have crap in my pocket. No scratches for 6 months. Definitely a cheaper glass is used by the widespread reports. Glassgate
    They probably have different things in their pockets. Even if you have keys in the same pocket as your phone, do you have a key chain? Too many factors.

We're nothing like Indiana Jones. Very rarely we're like the bottom ones, too. Most of my job is typing up technical reports. It's rather boring, actually.
    Ew. I'd rather be the bottom one than stuck at a desk typing up reports.
    03-11-2016 05:13 PM
    Do you know this for a fact ? Link please

I have mine in my pocket with keys no less by mistake and no issues with scratches.
    03-11-2016 05:27 PM
    No scratches on mine, and I've taken this thing everywhere. No screen protector, no case (yet) and it's been in and out of my pockets. However I am very careful to give my phone it's own space.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-11-2016 05:50 PM
    Just kidding about the glassgate btw. I doubt there's an issue with the glass.
    03-11-2016 05:53 PM
    Ew. I'd rather be the bottom one than stuck at a desk typing up reports.
    The pay isn't very good being at the bottom and the work isn't consistent, unfortunately.
    03-11-2016 07:08 PM
    The pay isn't very good being at the bottom and the work isn't consistent, unfortunately.
    Isn't it usually grad students that sit there brushing dirt away on old stuff? Certainly seems that way in the movies!
    03-11-2016 07:32 PM
    All glass except for sapphire is easily scratched by small particles of sand. If you live near the coast, chances of getting sand on your cleaning cloth and ruining your screen with it are pretty high, unfortunately
    03-11-2016 11:35 PM
    Anyone buy the Zagg Invisishield for the S7 edge? Just picked one up at BestBuy but the reviews for the S6 Edge weren't that great...haven't opened it yet
    03-11-2016 11:37 PM
    Anyone buy the Zagg Invisishield for the S7 edge? Just picked one up at BestBuy but the reviews for the S6 Edge weren't that great...haven't opened it yet
    Get one one of those Supershieldz. 3.99 for two on Amazon, stick well to the edges and don't smudge. Best screen protector I've ever head.
    03-11-2016 11:42 PM
    Isn't it usually grad students that sit there brushing dirt away on old stuff? Certainly seems that way in the movies!
    In academic archaeology, yes. But in cultural resources management archaeology, the field techs usually do the work. Techs are college grads, usually with Bachelor degrees, who do the field work.
    03-12-2016 09:56 AM
    Sorry, but that just silly. I and many others have never used screen protectors and have never had a scratch. The glass on this phone is just as durable as the rest are. Now if you are really clumsy or hard on your stuff and chuck your phone around without thought to scratching or damaging it or just throw it in your purse or pocket along with keys and who knows what else, then maybe you need a screen protector. I have a few friends of mine that I swear must use their phones as hockey pucks, now they need screen protectors. Actually what they need is common sense, but that's another discussion.
    03-12-2016 10:06 AM
    Sorry, but that just silly. I and many others have never used screen protectors and have never had a scratch. The glass on this phone is just as durable as the rest are. Now if you are really clumsy or hard on your stuff and chuck your phone around without thought to scratching or damaging it or just throw it in your purse or pocket along with keys and who knows what else, then maybe you need a screen protector. I have a few friends of mine that I swear must use their phones as hockey pucks, now they need screen protectors. Actually what they need is common sense, but that's another discussion.
    I can assure you the phone was not abused at all in the last 24 hours. It was handled meticulously. I have never in my life bought a screen protector. So this is definitely not normal.
    03-12-2016 10:09 AM
    I find it hard to believe it scratched so easy. Not saying it can't. I had a screen protector on my xperia z2 that looked pretty scratched up. Took it off and went without for about 6 months and the screen is still fine.

Posted via S7 edge 😍
    03-12-2016 10:15 AM
    I find it hard to believe it scratched so easy. Not saying it can't. I had a screen protector on my xperia z2 that looked pretty scratched up. Took it off and went without for about 6 months and the screen is still fine.

Posted via S7 edge
    Trust me I would love to believe that as well. I have not had any issues with scratches on my S5. Look it may have been the diamond ring, I am not really sure what happened exactly, mine is pristine still but I am getting the Zagg HD put on this weekend at BestBuy just because I can't leave this to chance; these glass screens are now too expensive to replace willy nilly.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    03-12-2016 10:25 AM
    That Zagg HD is getting pretty bad reviews. Let us know how it turns out.
    03-12-2016 10:37 AM
    That Zagg HD is getting pretty bad reviews. Let us know how it turns out.
    Most of the reviews I saw were for either improper placement or for the non-edge model. A BestBuy rep sweared to me it is great and she's installed many on the S7 edge and I can return it within 14 days if not satisfied (I know they are sales rep lol so take it with a grain of salt). I'm going in today to pay for the $8 installation because I know I don't have the patience to put it on and make sure I don't get any bubbles on it. I'll post an update once I have it on with my first thoughts.
    03-12-2016 10:41 AM
    Most of the reviews I saw were for either improper placement or for the non-edge model. A BestBuy rep sweared to me it is great and she's installed many on the S7 edge and I can return it within 14 days if not satisfied (I know they are sales rep lol so take it with a grain of salt). I'm going in today to pay for the $8 installation because I know I don't have the patience to put it on and make sure I don't get any bubbles on it. I'll post an update once I have it on with my first thoughts.
    Cool, maybe some pictures also?
    03-12-2016 10:45 AM
    My S7 is scratched too, not happy! Went to get a screen saver at Costco and it doesnt go all the way to the edge! Is that what people call Halo? Any glass screen saver that does go all the way?
    03-12-2016 03:14 PM
    I got my Zagg HD Invisishield for the S7 edge today at BestBuy installed. It went all the way to the edge no issues there. I was told it needs 24 hours before all the small little bubbles go away (not really bubbles but more like imperfections in the protector)....if not I am going back for a refund. So far it feels fine and looks ok nothing to complain. I'm not going to lie I miss my sleek glass finish but if this will protect from scratches that's more important in the long run for resell value...If these little bubbles/halos don't go away though I will take it off.
    03-12-2016 04:17 PM
    The 2.5d glass will make TG ones a bear to fit. And the curve starts in a subtle manner even before the actual display ends. I have onemy s7... Halo like crazy. Guess I'll order a plastic.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-12-2016 05:10 PM
    Couple of threads up the Bodyguardz looks pretty good.
    03-12-2016 05:12 PM
    It's the small grits of sand and pebbles that scratch phones the most. Make sure there's nothing like that in ur pockets. Also keys with phone is a no no.
    03-13-2016 03:50 AM
    So now almost 48 hours later and my zagg protector has mostly adhered to the screen. It is near-invisible now and I like it. While I would still prefer naked glass the comfort of knowing I can put this in my pocket without worrying about sand scratching the screen is worth it. Overall pretty happy
    03-14-2016 07:19 AM
139 1234 ...