07-05-2017 11:22 AM
139 12345 ...
tools
    Seeing that some can take a razor blade to it on YouTube - it survived that with no issue - so I AM surprised!
    Dude. Some particles in sands and dust have the hardness of diamonds, razor blades hardly scratches glass but sand does.
    03-15-2016 06:51 AM
    Mine did the same friggin thing! Just had my phone in my pocket to bring the phone to get a screen protector, pulled it out to have the guy put the screen protector on and theres a deep scratch. Soooo mad. I got a zagg cause everything I read was positive but holy crap it does not fit the S7 at all. The edges are all loose and 2 days later are collecting dust and debris. I've never had a phone thats this fragile. S4 last 3 years with numerous drops and slides on pavement with no scratches.
    03-18-2016 02:26 AM
    Galaxy S7 Edge has Baby Glass 1 and it scratches very easy.
    03-18-2016 07:55 AM
    Scratching the screen is not so big problem but cracked screen for two days is not easy to understand how it's that possible? Phone fall from 60cm high chair on ceramic floor and that's it I forgot to take off from my pocket and hi fall down I didn't check in the same moment because I didn't expect something like this gorilla glass 4 so easy to cracks, few minutes later when I check I was surprised and angry on Samsung they build new model from galaxy s series but with the same anti scratch glass .......not fair
    03-18-2016 08:38 AM
    Scratching the screen is not so big problem but cracked screen for two days is not easy to understand how it's that possible? Phone fall from 60cm high chair on ceramic floor and that's it I forgot to take off from my pocket and hi fall down I didn't check in the same moment because I didn't expect something like this gorilla glass 4 so easy to cracks, few minutes later when I check I was surprised and angry on Samsung they build new model from galaxy s series but with the same anti scratch glass .......not fair
    I'm sorry to hear that. Was it in a case by any chance? I agree you would expect it to at least take some hits before it gets damaged like that but I suppose the edge model is more vulnerable =/
    03-18-2016 08:45 AM
    Yea, I just started searching this myself. The back of my GS7E scratched too for no reason whatsoever. In fact, I just looked at my HTC EVO 3D and even that phone doesn't havea single scratch. This seems to be specific to the back of the GS7E too, at least for now. I usually place my phones on the table screen down but since I use always on display this one is always on it's back. All this sand in your pocket stuff is complete nonesense though.
    03-18-2016 07:10 PM
    I have the s view cover and my s7e has never been exposed to anything that could scratch it! Yet there is a great big scratch on the screen the scratch is on both the s view cover and the screen in the same spot :/
    03-22-2016 05:16 AM
    I have the s view cover and my s7e has never been exposed to anything that could scratch it! Yet there is a great big scratch on the screen the scratch is on both the s view cover and the screen in the same spot :/
    That is one of the complaints I've been hearing about the S View case. Dirt can get between the cover and screen and scratch the screen.

I never had that problem with the S View case on my Note 4.
    03-22-2016 05:47 AM
    Damn... I have a small scratch in my S7 Edge screen... Turns out, I just got back from the beach. And you can bet that sand got everywhere. Still hard to believe that such small sand grains can do so much damage as to a steal razor blade.
    03-28-2016 11:40 PM
    So from personal experience of owning the s7 edge for a few weeks I always put a screen protector on my phone just for caution and resale value the s7 edge is a beautiful phone and i like so many wouldnt be able to hang with a scratch on my screen I would end up filing an isurance claim and getting a new s7 edge if mine was scratched however heres what works that Ive noticed none of the military grade or tempered glass ones work well with a case you have to look up case friendly screen protector to find one that works well enough with a case. Spigen Crystal HD and IQ Shield is the other these are the only two companies that have changed the screen protector design and removed the corners just enough for a case to work properly do your research you will see.
    04-11-2016 03:57 AM
    So from personal experience of owning the s7 edge for a few weeks I always put a screen protector on my phone just for caution and resale value the s7 edge is a beautiful phone and i like so many wouldnt be able to hang with a scratch on my screen I would end up filing an isurance claim and getting a new s7 edge if mine was scratched however heres what works that Ive noticed none of the military grade or tempered glass ones work well with a case you have to look up case friendly screen protector to find one that works well enough with a ca. Spigen Crystal HD is one of the and IQ Shield is the other these are the only two companies that make a screen protector that seems to realize that if you remove the corners of the screen protector than you will have a design that works with a case without the edges lifting
    Tried four of the Spigen Curved HD (literally, four) and none of them worked properly. Three of them would never adhere to both curves and the one that did, the second I put a case on it - a Spigen case, ironically - it popped right off.
    04-11-2016 04:01 AM
    I have the spigen cystal hd and it works with my uag case and my tech 21 case
    04-11-2016 04:02 AM
    I took a razor blade and very carefully removed the four corners of the Zagg Invisishield HD to mimic the Spigen and it works great now. It's not machine-cut but it does the job to keep the protector from peeling off when in a case
    04-11-2016 05:55 AM
    Whether or not glass scratches or not depends on the hardness of the material that makes contact with the surface. Metal is actually softer than glass hence the reason why a razor, keys, coins will not damage the screen. Quartz, sand, concrete, limestone are harder than glass and will scratch the surface up with minimal effort.

It's not outlandish to think that a sand, concrete, or quartz dust particle made contact with the screen and caused a scratch within the first 48 hours. As long as manufacturers use glass screens there will be scratches. No matter what revision of Gorilla Glass is available. The fact is that almost the entire hard surface of the world is made of harder material than glass.
    04-11-2016 12:23 PM
    Hopefully this is large enough to read but if it isnt, refer to Mohs Sale of Hardness.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - 24 hours and already scratched-1460395584299.jpg  
    04-11-2016 12:27 PM
    Am I the only one who's Edge phone still looks flawless and friggin phenomenal?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-11-2016 05:22 PM
    I've used the Zagg that you get in the mall installed and it has worked great since launch, works with the three cases I have tried also.
    04-11-2016 07:03 PM
    Am I the only one who's Edge phone still looks flawless and friggin phenomenal?

No, mine is perfect.
    Have a thin spigen tpu and no screen protector. I may get one when the zagg is available... Not sure..I already end up removing them after a while.

04-11-2016 07:07 PM
    I just got back from Florida and my screen is scratched also from the sand. I thought I was careful enough. Nope! Oh well. I've got a few but you can't see them when the screen is on. So no worries right now. Has anyone tried any of the home remedies to see if they could buff out the small hairline scratches?
    04-11-2016 08:36 PM
    I would bet your scratches are in the oleophobic coating and not the glass. Big, big difference.
    04-11-2016 08:43 PM
    I wish they would use Sapphire glass that comes on the Kyocera Brigadier my husband uses. He is a farmer and has had the phone for over a year and they screen doesn't have a single scratch on it and he has never put a screen protector on it. He's a farmer and the phone and screen gets abused daily.
    It's too bad the Sapphire glass isn't used universally on phone and tablet screens.

While waiting for a glass protector for my S7Edge I ordered to arrive, I put a screen protector from the Verizon store on it. It adheres to the entire glass area and doesn't peel at the edges but is already so scratched up I can't stand it. I've never removed one before. Does anyone know a good way to remove a screen saver without damaging the screen? This thing is REALLY stuck on.

My Spectacular Samsung Galaxy S7Edge
    04-11-2016 11:43 PM
    I wish they would use Sapphire glass that comes on the Kyocera Brigadier my husband uses. He is a farmer and has had the phone for over a year and they screen doesn't have a single scratch on it and he has never put a screen protector on it. He's a farmer and the phone and screen gets abused daily.
    It's too bad the Sapphire glass isn't used universally on phone and tablet screens.

While waiting for a glass protector for my S7Edge I ordered to arrive, I put a screen protector from the Verizon store on it. It adheres to the entire glass area and doesn't peel at the edges but is already so scratched up I can't stand it. I've never removed one before. Does anyone know a good way to remove a screen saver without damaging the screen? This thing is REALLY stuck on.

My Spectacular Samsung Galaxy S7Edge
    Unfortunately most screen protectors will stretch in some way once you remove it. You're better off buying a new one or claiming the warranty if yours has one.

I to wish sapphire crystal was the standard for phones but it costs too much to manufacture.
    04-12-2016 12:11 AM
    Well, my S6 edge survived a year without any screen protector on. No scracthes and cracks.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    04-12-2016 05:22 AM
    Unfortunately most screen protectors will stretch in some way once you remove it. You're better off buying a new one or claiming the warranty if yours has one.

I to wish sapphire crystal was the standard for phones but it costs too much to manufacture.
    And sapphire glass easily shatters and crack. But its far better at defending againts scratches.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    04-12-2016 05:27 AM
    I'm sad. its been 2 weeks with my s7 edge and I noticed that I've got several scratches all over my screen while waiting for my tempered glass. v.v . T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T plus there's a delay with the tempered glass that I ordered. uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    04-26-2016 02:32 AM
139 12345 ...