Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - 24 hours and already scratched

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I find it hard to believe it scratched so easy. Not saying it can't. I had a screen protector on my xperia z2 that looked pretty scratched up. Took it off and went without for about 6 months and the screen is still fine.

Posted via S7 edge ??????

Trust me I would love to believe that as well. I have not had any issues with scratches on my S5. Look it may have been the diamond ring, I am not really sure what happened exactly, mine is pristine still but I am getting the Zagg HD put on this weekend at BestBuy just because I can't leave this to chance; these glass screens are now too expensive to replace willy nilly.

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
That Zagg HD is getting pretty bad reviews. Let us know how it turns out.

Most of the reviews I saw were for either improper placement or for the non-edge model. A BestBuy rep sweared to me it is great and she's installed many on the S7 edge and I can return it within 14 days if not satisfied (I know they are sales rep lol so take it with a grain of salt). I'm going in today to pay for the $8 installation because I know I don't have the patience to put it on and make sure I don't get any bubbles on it. I'll post an update once I have it on with my first thoughts.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Most of the reviews I saw were for either improper placement or for the non-edge model. A BestBuy rep sweared to me it is great and she's installed many on the S7 edge and I can return it within 14 days if not satisfied (I know they are sales rep lol so take it with a grain of salt). I'm going in today to pay for the $8 installation because I know I don't have the patience to put it on and make sure I don't get any bubbles on it. I'll post an update once I have it on with my first thoughts.

Cool, maybe some pictures also? ;)

mwnance

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
My S7 is scratched too, not happy! Went to get a screen saver at Costco and it doesnt go all the way to the edge! Is that what people call Halo? Any glass screen saver that does go all the way?

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I got my Zagg HD Invisishield for the S7 edge today at BestBuy installed. It went all the way to the edge no issues there. I was told it needs 24 hours before all the small little bubbles go away (not really bubbles but more like imperfections in the protector)....if not I am going back for a refund. So far it feels fine and looks ok nothing to complain. I'm not going to lie I miss my sleek glass finish but if this will protect from scratches that's more important in the long run for resell value...If these little bubbles/halos don't go away though I will take it off.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The 2.5d glass will make TG ones a bear to fit. And the curve starts in a subtle manner even before the actual display ends. I have onemy s7... Halo like crazy. Guess I'll order a plastic.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It's the small grits of sand and pebbles that scratch phones the most. Make sure there's nothing like that in ur pockets. Also keys with phone is a no no.

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
So now almost 48 hours later and my zagg protector has mostly adhered to the screen. It is near-invisible now and I like it. While I would still prefer naked glass the comfort of knowing I can put this in my pocket without worrying about sand scratching the screen is worth it. Overall pretty happy :)

Eaggiepop

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Mine did the same friggin thing! Just had my phone in my pocket to bring the phone to get a screen protector, pulled it out to have the guy put the screen protector on and theres a deep scratch. Soooo mad. I got a zagg cause everything I read was positive but holy crap it does not fit the S7 at all. The edges are all loose and 2 days later are collecting dust and debris. I've never had a phone thats this fragile. S4 last 3 years with numerous drops and slides on pavement with no scratches.

Sizik80

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Scratching the screen is not so big problem but cracked screen for two days is not easy to understand how it's that possible? Phone fall from 60cm high chair on ceramic floor and that's it I forgot to take off from my pocket and hi fall down I didn't check in the same moment because I didn't expect something like this gorilla glass 4 so easy to cracks, few minutes later when I check I was surprised and angry on Samsung they build new model from galaxy s series but with the same anti scratch glass .......not fair

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Scratching the screen is not so big problem but cracked screen for two days is not easy to understand how it's that possible? Phone fall from 60cm high chair on ceramic floor and that's it I forgot to take off from my pocket and hi fall down I didn't check in the same moment because I didn't expect something like this gorilla glass 4 so easy to cracks, few minutes later when I check I was surprised and angry on Samsung they build new model from galaxy s series but with the same anti scratch glass .......not fair

I'm sorry to hear that. Was it in a case by any chance? I agree you would expect it to at least take some hits before it gets damaged like that but I suppose the edge model is more vulnerable =/

max1c

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I just started searching this myself. The back of my GS7E scratched too for no reason whatsoever. In fact, I just looked at my HTC EVO 3D and even that phone doesn't havea single scratch. This seems to be specific to the back of the GS7E too, at least for now. I usually place my phones on the table screen down but since I use always on display this one is always on it's back. All this sand in your pocket stuff is complete nonesense though.

Austr123

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the s view cover and my s7e has never been exposed to anything that could scratch it! Yet there is a great big scratch on the screen the scratch is on both the s view cover and the screen in the same spot :/

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the s view cover and my s7e has never been exposed to anything that could scratch it! Yet there is a great big scratch on the screen the scratch is on both the s view cover and the screen in the same spot :/
That is one of the complaints I've been hearing about the S View case. Dirt can get between the cover and screen and scratch the screen.

I never had that problem with the S View case on my Note 4.

prestonc1986

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Damn... I have a small scratch in my S7 Edge screen... Turns out, I just got back from the beach. And you can bet that sand got everywhere. Still hard to believe that such small sand grains can do so much damage as to a steal razor blade.

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
So from personal experience of owning the s7 edge for a few weeks I always put a screen protector on my phone just for caution and resale value the s7 edge is a beautiful phone and i like so many wouldnt be able to hang with a scratch on my screen I would end up filing an isurance claim and getting a new s7 edge if mine was scratched however heres what works that Ive noticed none of the military grade or tempered glass ones work well with a case you have to look up case friendly screen protector to find one that works well enough with a case. Spigen Crystal HD and IQ Shield is the other these are the only two companies that have changed the screen protector design and removed the corners just enough for a case to work properly do your research you will see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish