Why does my S7 Edge mute itself for no apparent reason?

ssnxxi

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
My S7 Edge mutes itself for no apparent reason

I received my S7 Edge 3 days ago. Everything works fine except for a very annoying problem: the phone, with no apparent reason, mutes itself two or three times a day. All sounds become muted. I can increase or decrease the volume sliders but nothing happens and the phone remains silent. Vibration continues to work normally. I can also mute/unmute the phone and nothing happens. The only solution is to restart the phone. All sounds are back but a few hours later this strange self muting returns.
I searched many forums and found out that similar situations occurred with previous generations of phones. However, I found no solution for my problems, only suggestions and guesses on what was happening.
Can anyone provide advice on how to solve this? I'am able to return or exchange the phone but would like to avoid it if possible.
Thanks in advance for the help.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: My S7 Edge mutes itself for no apparent reason

I would think that it would be related to some app that you installed. Try to see which apps could impact it. Otherwise, you can backup data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem.

JCH0075

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue except my phone is UNMUTING itself 3-4 times a day. So annoying. Have you found the culprit yet?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: My S7 Edge mutes itself for no apparent reason

Settings/advanced features/easy mute. Is that toggled?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech