Sooooooo. Trying to use Smart Switch to transfer everything from my G2 to my S7E. The app opens fine on my G2 and is at the point where it says to press "Send", but on the Edge when I go into Settings\Backup and Reset\Open Smart Switch the screen just flashes briefly and reverts to the Backup and Reset screen. I've rebooted the phone to no avail. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

And...solved! For anyone who might remotely care, something in Package Disabler was essential for Smart Switch (which I had not disabled) so reenabling everything allowed Smart Switch to work. Live and learn!
    03-11-2016 10:09 AM
    Sooooooo. Trying to use Smart Switch to transfer everything from my G2 to my S7E. The app opens fine on my G2 and is at the point where it says to press "Send", but on the Edge when I go into Settings\Backup and Reset\Open Smart Switch the screen just flashes briefly and reverts to the Backup and Reset screen. I've rebooted the phone to no avail. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

And...solved! For anyone who might remotely care, something in Package Disabler was essential for Smart Switch (which I had not disabled) so reenabling everything allowed Smart Switch to work. Live and learn!
    Welcome to Android Central!

Package disabler can be a little disruptive sometimes. I just started using and have learned the hard way as well.
    03-15-2016 09:04 AM