so, I received my S7 Edge on Wednesday, and was really excited to use this device. I am an iPhone 6s Plus user and was hoping to find a device with the same screen size that was a little easier to manage in the hand. I'm very disappointed in the device. I have run into a consistent issue where I can not download apps from the Play Store. I will start the download process and the app just scrolls the progress line in the notifications pane, as well as the Play Store app, and never moves past "Downloading....". I've factory reset multiple times, gone through a process of deleting data from the Play Store services, but at some point within 10 app downloads the problem resurfaces and cannot be bypassed until you factory reset. I'm wondering if the device is just faulty. I'm going to return it today and potentially get another handset to play with over the weekend, but yeah, currently the device is not usable, has been reset and put back in the box for return. What a shame.

It also runs VERY hot, seems to have a difficult time with navigation or touch screen elements that live near the screen edge. Overall, I feel that I either have a faulty device, or too high of expectations coming from the 6s Plus.
    03-11-2016 10:42 AM
    Have you tried changing the DNS settings on your wifi router? Change to 8.8.4.4 or 8.8.8.8. People on Verizon forums are reporting this issue. Could be related to your router. Also make sure your router has the most current FW. You might need to also change router settings and use IP4v instead of IP6v.
    03-11-2016 11:17 AM
    I had this problem on a previous phone and used this rooted app called "[ROOT] Disable IPv6"

unfortunately it requires root, but it does work. This just solidifies wxman2003 and his post, it has to do something with the wifi settings. If your router has a guest broadcast, try that out.
    03-11-2016 11:24 AM
    This has been occurring across multiple wifi networks, and off of the AT&T network.
    03-11-2016 11:25 AM
    Runs warm the first day than settles down. Been reported a few times already. Mine did same, now on second day and all is well. Did something to mess up Play Store, but reset the phone and now that to is good.

Those that say it's HOT, should use the word WARM instead. Its not HOT by any means. If it were you could not hold it.
    03-11-2016 11:26 AM
    if you are using package disabler, then i would enable all packages and try again. i disabled something that affected being able to download from the edge store, but re enabled everything and it worked.
    03-11-2016 11:27 AM
    Just get an exchange if the above suggestions don't help before you write it off as a crap system. A bad apple can crop up from time to time, just unfortunate when someone crossing over from iOS has it happen to them.
    JamesCinAustin likes this.
    03-11-2016 11:28 AM
    This has been occurring across multiple wifi networks, and off of the AT&T network.
    Did you swap your iPhone nanosim into your S7? That may cause issues on AT&T.
    03-11-2016 11:34 AM
    This has been an intermittent issue for me on T-Mobile as well. It's definitely a Play Store issue, not a phone defect.
    03-11-2016 11:52 AM
    Did you swap your iPhone nanosim into your S7? That may cause issues on AT&T.
    this was experienced on two wifi networks before I ever loaded a sim card.
    03-11-2016 12:24 PM
    Just get an exchange if the above suggestions don't help before you write it off as a crap system. A bad apple can crop up from time to time, just unfortunate when someone crossing over from iOS has it happen to them.
    Very true. I don't typically judge too hard. I've had amazing Android devices and don't play fan boy to either side. I like both platforms a lot, was just hoping the S7 blew me away out of the box.
    03-11-2016 12:25 PM