Got my Verizon S7 edge on Wednesday. I installed samsung pay quickly hoping to qualify for the free wireless charger. I soon learned that they ran out of the chargers the night before. Thinking i now had no opportunity to take advantage of any samsung pay promo i made a purchase on Thursday. Early this morning i see the new promo for a $30 gift card when you make a purchase with a visa card........

.....That promo only applies to folks that are making their first purchase.

Dang, i was hoping to use that gift card on a Zagg screen protector at best buy.

End rant.

edit: it actually did work. Sorry if I caused a fuss. I quoted what started this in a later post.
    03-11-2016 11:00 AM
    heh. that kinda sucks that they ran out. but look on the bright side...there would probably be a better promotion coming soon.
    03-11-2016 11:31 AM
    heh. that kinda sucks that they ran out. but look on the bright side...there would probably be a better promotion coming soon.
    true, but i won't qualify for it either. oh well.
    03-11-2016 11:39 AM
    Got my Verizon S7 edge on Wednesday. I installed samsung pay quickly hoping to qualify for the free wireless charger. I soon learned that they ran out of the chargers the night before. Thinking i now had no opportunity to take advantage of any samsung pay promo i made a purchase on Thursday. Early this morning i see the new promo for a $30 gift card when you make a purchase with a visa card........

Dang, i was hoping to use that gift card on a Zagg screen protector at best buy.

End rant.
    You might want to check again. I just read the terms and conditions and it says nothing about first time purchase. it just says make at least one successful purchase with samsung pay with an eligible credit or debit card. Available to all owners of galaxy s7 and s7 edge. I'm going to go try it out really quick and i'll report back as i've used samsung pay before.

EDIT: We have vending machines with card swipes here. I used it there, got the $30 gift card promo the second it accepted my payment. Bagged me a $30 Best Buy Gift Card
    03-11-2016 02:09 PM
    You might want to check again. I just read the terms and conditions and it says nothing about first time purchase. it just says make at least one successful purchase with samsung pay with an eligible credit or debit card. Available to all owners of galaxy s7 and s7 edge. I'm going to go try it out really quick and i'll report back as i've used samsung pay before.
    The terms and conditions state otherwise:

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: In order to participate, you must take the following steps during the Offer Period (collectively, the “Qualifying Purchase”):
    Activate the Samsung Pay app on your Qualifying Device with your Samsung Account ID through a participating carrier.
    After you activate the Samsung Pay app, you must register an eligible card with Samsung Pay. As described in Section 3, not all credit or debit cards are eligible for this Offer.
    You must make your first successful purchase transaction on the Qualifying Device using Samsung Pay with an eligible card during the Offer Period. Purchases can be completed by swiping up from the home button or selecting the Samsung Pay app icon from your home screen or app tray. Then, authorize your payment by scanning your fingerprint or entering your pin. Hover your phone over the in-store card reader until the purchase is successfully completed.

This is also on Sammy's site in plain sight:

From March 11 - 31, when you complete your first qualifying transaction, you will receive a pop-up notification where you may choose a gift card from one of five selected vendors.

Also, "Transactions with Bank of America Debit & private label (PLCC) cards are not eligible for this offer"
    03-11-2016 02:15 PM
    It says first "qualifying" transaction thereby indicating that prior transactions have no bearing.
    03-11-2016 02:18 PM
    The terms and conditions state otherwise:

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: In order to participate, you must take the following steps during the Offer Period (collectively, the “Qualifying Purchase”):
    Activate the Samsung Pay app on your Qualifying Device with your Samsung Account ID through a participating carrier.
    After you activate the Samsung Pay app, you must register an eligible card with Samsung Pay. As described in Section 3, not all credit or debit cards are eligible for this Offer.
    You must make your first successful purchase transaction on the Qualifying Device using Samsung Pay with an eligible card during the Offer Period. Purchases can be completed by swiping up from the home button or selecting the Samsung Pay app icon from your home screen or app tray. Then, authorize your payment by scanning your fingerprint or entering your pin. Hover your phone over the in-store card reader until the purchase is successfully completed.

This is also on Sammy's site in plain sight:

From March 11 - 31, when you complete your first qualifying transaction, you will receive a pop-up notification where you may choose a gift card from one of five selected vendors.

Also, "Transactions with Bank of America Debit & private label (PLCC) cards are not eligible for this offer"
    Yah first qualifying transaction on an S7 or S7 Edge during the time period of March 11 to 31.

I just went and used my Samsung Pay on a vending machine and got my $30 gift card.

Again it doesn't say FIRST PURCHASE EVER, it just says first purchase during the time period.
    03-11-2016 02:18 PM
    The first successful purchase transaction part?
    03-11-2016 02:22 PM

I got mine on Tuesday. The free charging pad was still available. But it was late, and I decided to do it in the morning. So I added my card Wednesday morning and learned that the promo was over and all the charging pads were gone.

Fortunately, I heard the $30 promo for your 1st charge was coming, so I waited to today to use it. Already got my gift card added to my samsung pay account.
    03-11-2016 02:24 PM
    The first successful purchase transaction part?
    You must make your first successful purchase transaction on the Qualifying Device using Samsung Pay with an eligible card during the Offer Period.

Read the entire sentence. You can't just stop reading after first successful purchase transaction...

Plus I just proved it doesn't have to be your first successful transaction ever. I literally just 5 min ago got my $30 gift card by using my card which i have used before.
    03-11-2016 02:25 PM
    You must make your first successful purchase transaction on the Qualifying Device using Samsung Pay with an eligible card during the Offer Period.

Read the entire sentence. You can't just stop reading after first successful purchase transaction...

Plus I just proved it doesn't have to be your first successful transaction ever. I literally just 5 min ago got my $30 gift card by using my card which i have used before.
    Thanks for sharing. Now we can all go get a gift card unless you're like me and don't have a qualifying card.
    03-11-2016 02:43 PM
    OP here...

So apparently my interpretation of the terms of conditions was wrong, luckily. It worked, I had to wait until I got off work before trying it.

This is is what concerned me:
    FREE $30 GIFT CARD OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS

OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND OWN A QUALIFYING DEVICE AT THE TIME OF QUALIFYING PURCHASE. REQUIRES SAMSUNG PAY COMPATIBLE CARRIER AND ELIGIBLE CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD TO PARTICIPATE. MUST NOT HAVE MADE A PURCHASE WITH SAMSUNG PAY PRIOR TO MARCH 11, 2016. BANK OF AMERICA DEBIT & PRIVATE LABEL (PLCC) CARDS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER.

Anyways, it worked so I'm happy.
    03-11-2016 03:15 PM
    samsung pay hates me-uploadfromtaptalk1457732239418.jpg

This is what caused this....

samsung pay hates me-uploadfromtaptalk1457732284828.jpg

And you can see it did work. Tomorrow I'll be using it on a Zagg screen protector at best buy.

Chris
    03-11-2016 03:39 PM
    Very jealous I can't use my BofA debit card with this offer. Unfortunately all my CCs are not supported by Samsung Pay at this time..
    03-11-2016 04:19 PM
    I got the $30 to Best Buy tonight by purchasing a bottle of water. Sweet deal.
    03-11-2016 09:35 PM